How to chain videos
Hi All,

I'm using XBMC to watch movies (I guess like everybody here) but also to watch personal movies recorded with my personal camera.

I'd like to know what is the easiest way to chain videos witout having to create and manage content using playlists.
IOW, each time I add videos (videos are sorted by date desc), I'd like to view and chain the latest added content.

Thanks for any feedback.

Xris
I am really not at all sure what you mean by "chain the latest added content."
I don't use the smart playlists so perhaps chain is a term relevant to that? So I am guessing you are looking for a way to NOT use smart playlists?
Need to know what you are doing now in order to help you get to the next step in where you want go...Nod
What method are you using to access and view your home movies now?
File mode under main menu 'Vidoes'?
Are you adding them to Library View mode by creating custom .nfo files? This is probably the way to go.
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS
If by chain you mean all your files play as if they were one file then something like this would be helpful:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=TV_Shows_(Vi...t_Episodes

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
Currently, here is how I add and view my personal videos.

- I copy the content of my SD card into a folder (../myVideos)
- I added this folder in XBMC
- I read the content of this folder in File Mode (sorted by date descending)

Once the first one in the list is finished (i.e. the most recent) , XBMC switches back to the list. Here, I'd like XBMC to automatically switch to the next one in the list, and so on.

As you see, I'm not using smart playlist, nor creating .nfo, mainly because my wife should be able to add the videos on her own and watch them easily (keep it simple)

Thanks
queue the dir using 'q', then start the playlist using space + select first item.
Thanks for the "Queue" tip, but this operation has to be done each time some new content is added (assuming the playlist is empty).

Maybe there is a piece of solution around TV Shows and regexp. I'll look around.

Btw, who is also using XBMC for personal videos ? And how do you use it ?

Thanks
My girlfriend would kill me if personal videos showed up on our XBMC. Our friends watch that!
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
Might be possible to use stacking, putting select videos each in their own folder, then calling each video with CD1, CD2, CD3 etc.. and toggle stacking.
in file view press play on the folder rather than going in to it
Nice ! Thanks craigd for this trick.

In addition, how to chain videos, starting from an offset (fo instance, I start playing from the 54th, and I want to chain in 55th, 56th, 57th, ....)

To be more accurate, here is an extract from my folder :
- 2011-07-16 21.19.10.mp4
- 2011-07-16 21.15.56.mp4
- 2011-07-16 20.37.32.mp4
- 2011-07-16 20.35.58.mp4
- 2011-07-15 21.31.36.mp4
- 2011-07-15 21.27.18.mp4
- 2011-07-15 21.02.00.mp4
And of course, there are hundreds

Cheers
Based on the previous files name, I tried to add the following regexp within the advancedsettings.xml file :

Code:
<tvshowmatching>
      <regexp>([0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9])\-([0-9][0-9])\-([0-9][0-9])\ [0-9][0-9]\.[0-9][0-9]\.[0-9][0-9]\.mp4</regexp>
  </tvshowmatching>

but no luck.
I press play at folder level to playback collections of home video clips.

The only issue I have is that xbmc skips back to the GUI framerate setting between clips. I spend more time looking at a black screen while my TV tries to keep up with playback mode changes. Is there a way to avoid resetting the output frame rate between "chained" video files?

On a related topic is there a way to change file video settings for all files in a folder? I get tearing with my 1080i50 files unless I forced de-interlacing. I can either do it file by file (i.e. 100's of short clips) or apply to ALL video files.

Thanks
Dave
HP Proliant Micorserver | ATI Radeon 5450 | El-cheapo USB Soundcard | Pioneer PDP-507XD
Squeezebox 3 (modded) | Arcam AVR350 | Arcam A85 | Dynaudio Contour 1.3mkII | Dynaudio Focus 200C | M&K K4 Tripoles | BK-Elec XXLS-400 Sub with Antimode

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to chain videos0