• 3(current)
Sigma developments?
(2012-09-04, 14:11)jjd-uk Wrote: Since the player being used is separate to XBMC, does that mean it will be closed source? is it handled like an external player?
No it won't be close source.

Quote:Just wondering if any of this work will be fed back into XBMC mainline, or does the way they've gone about it mean there are no GPL requirements for providing the Team with the code.

Yes it will fed back in.

(correct me if I'm wrong though)
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Most of the optimization work has already been fed back into mainline. For example, dirty regions was originally being developed with Sigma in mind.
Will any improvements in blu-ray support on XBMC come from this, I'm thinking stuff like Java menus or does licencing prevent this?
(2012-09-04, 21:30)jjd-uk Wrote: Will any improvements in blu-ray support on XBMC come from this, I'm thinking stuff like Java menus or does licencing prevent this?

license
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
The internal SMPPlayer that was developed for XBMC usage under sigma can handle encrypted DVD/BluRay provided the channel partner has obtained the proper licensing. It is not exposed in XBMC code.
Thought that would be the case, just had the faint hope something might be doable without a license for files that don't have DRM.
(2012-09-04, 22:40)davilla Wrote: The internal SMPPlayer that was developed for XBMC usage under sigma can handle encrypted DVD/BluRay provided the channel partner has obtained the proper licensing. It is not exposed in XBMC code.

sound great Laugh

bd menu support included?
@ davilla vill playback from rar still be possible with sigma xbmc ? And will pvr also work when done in xbmc frodo ? Smile
Will this mean that we can play 3D Blu-ray's in XBMC in the future? (either decrypted ISO/Disk or ecnrypted ISO/Disk)

Obviously the encrypted requires licensing as previously stated. If that's the case, does that mean XBMC will support overlaying 3D SBS or TOB properly also?
"Live to Win!"
www.stevenohare.com - Personal Blog
www.oharesites.com - Domain Names, Web Hosting, Email Hosting and more
rar's work.
pvr is not even in mainline yet Smile
not sure about 3D Blu-ray.
Bluray licence mandates cinavia so you definely don't want Bluray menus and stuff guys.
(2012-09-04, 23:56)voochi Wrote: Bluray licence mandates cinavia so you definely don't want Bluray menus and stuff guys.

I was just going to bring this up, I agree!
This is pretty much why Syabas won't do it with their new streamers too.

Just to manage expectations. I have worked with Sigma in the past, it is likely that XBMC will not benefit at all....
(2012-09-05, 07:49)thica Wrote: Just to manage expectations. I have worked with Sigma in the past, it is likely that XBMC will not benefit at all....

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised once the news post hits xbmc.org about how all this went down.
(2012-09-04, 23:56)voochi Wrote: Bluray licence mandates cinavia so you definely don't want Bluray menus and stuff guys.
Agreed if that's the only official way to get Java menu's, however I believe vlc were working on trying to reverse engineer Java menu's so unlicenced support may become possible.

Also wondering, many streamers with blu ray support but without licencing use bd lite and I've seen that Frodo will have title selection for unencrypted blu ray playback, will that effectively give XBMC bd lite functionality or are further improvements needed that sigma might help with.

• 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sigma developments?3