ZBOXHD-ND22-U Network boot (PXE)?
I saw a review on Newegg that said this machine can't boot from the network. I was wondering if someone that owns one can check the BIOS for the settings and tell me for sure? There should be an option for "Boot ROM" or "Boot Agent". And in the boot order settings, you should be able to select "Network" or similar. I'm considering buying one, but I can't find anything saying for sure one way or the other outside of that review.
Interesting, I was pxe booting some old machines yesterday and had a similar idea of using machines with hardware acceleration too.

The only thing I did was to split the request as follows

Client -> Router DHCP server -> tftp kernel and boot from ltsp server (which is my htpc, I run everything off it)

BTW Why not download the ND22 manual to check Wink
I checked the manual, no mention. However, it didn't include all the BIOS screens.
I have the IONITX-P-A-E which is about close to the ND22 as you can get so I thought I'd download the manual and ... you're right.. the manual falls short.

So I did a bit of poking around ...

root@media:~# lshw -class network
*-network
description: Ethernet interface
product: MCP79 Ethernet
vendor: nVidia Corporation
physical id: a

A google for MCP79 pxe lead me to this

http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=11630.0

So I'm sure it's there, most modern BIOSs tend to allow for PXE ROM and boot. Sit tight I'm sure an ND22 owner can confirm the following option in the BIOS

Chipset -->Southbridge-->pxe boot rom enable

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ZBOXHD-ND22-U Network boot (PXE)?0