[Live] Problems with Juddering/stuttering Video
Sorry to hijack your thread. Didn't think it was necessary to open another one when I have a similar issue.
I have an Ion box but VDPAU doesn't show up as one of the option under video (I believe it is). How do I get this installed?
FernetMenta Wrote:No, I am not saying this. I just started investigation at some point which is often the cause for those kind of problems. In your case the resolution of the video is so low that sw decoder should be able to deal with it.

You logs are very hard to read because there are many messages from addons. Can you disable all addons and provide another log? It might also be the case that your addons interfere with video playback. Currently we have no thread priorities on Linux.

Apologies, I misinterpreted the short reply as the end. It's interesting about the thread priorities on Linux - will this change under Eden? I'll submit another log with add-ons disabled ASAP. I have also noticed that XBMC spends a lot of time updating the music library looking in a directory relating iTunes thumbnails that has a very large number of files in it that might not be helping and that it doesn't need to look in - I have seen an entry in advancedsettings.xml relating to a regexp for skipping files, but this doesn't seem to be useable to skip a whole directory - is there a way to do this?

Many thanks.
---
HTPC: Asus AT3IONT-L Deluxe with 4GB of memory and a 60GB SSD.
Running XBMC Live 10.1
Ritzie Wrote:Sorry to hijack your thread. Didn't think it was necessary to open another one when I have a similar issue.
I have an Ion box but VDPAU doesn't show up as one of the option under video (I believe it is). How do I get this installed?

It has always been there for me under Settings...Video...Playback (as far as I can remember without looking at my HTPC) but as FernetMenta mentioned, there is also a VDPAU setting for MPEG4 videos (which I assume covers Divx and Xvid too since they are based around MPEG4). However, you didn't mention your XBMC version or OS so we don't know exactly what you're using.
---
Running XBMC Live 10.1
I'm a freaking idiot. It's not showing under render method. Its right below it.

I'm running natty xbmclive disk taken from xmbcfreaks.
Quote:You logs are very hard to read because there are many messages from addons. Can you disable all addons and provide another log? It might also be the case that your addons interfere with video playback. Currently we have no thread priorities on Linux.

As soon as you mentioned "no thread priorities" I heard a loud PING! in my head. I went home and disabled everything I easily could and voila my first episode of The Sopranos without a single stutter! I will now slowly add back add-ons to find out the culprit.

Many many thanks for that.

Madmike1415.

P.S. Do you know if thread prioritizing will be available under Eden?
---
Running XBMC Live 10.1
Ritzie Wrote:I'm a freaking idiot. It's not showing under render method. Its right below it.

I'm running natty xbmclive disk taken from XBMCfreaks.

We all have those sort of days ;-).

By the way, what would you say are the main advantages of using the XBMCfreaks version over the standard one?

Ta.
---
Running XBMC Live 10.1
I use to download xbmc manually but when I came across xbmcfreaks cd I've been using them ever since. You don't have to config anything with xbmc freaks. Usually everything works right off. The only downfall though is you cannot upgrade it because it will break packages. So you have to re-download whatever new iso xbmcfreaks provides to get the latest.

However I miss having the latest.
madmike1415 Wrote:As soon as you mentioned "no thread priorities" I heard a loud PING! in my head. I went home and disabled everything I easily could and voila my first episode of The Sopranos without a single stutter! I will now slowly add back add-ons to find out the culprit.

Many many thanks for that.

Madmike1415.

P.S. Do you know if thread prioritizing will be available under Eden?

We have already implemented thread priorities (nice levels) for Linux as part of some bigger project which won't make it into Eden. More testing has to be done on this as well.
FernetMenta Wrote:We have already implemented thread priorities (nice levels) for Linux as part of some bigger project which won't make it into Eden. More testing has to be done on this as well.

Ah, thanks, I'll keep an eye out for this.
---
Running XBMC Live 10.1
Ritzie Wrote:I use to download xbmc manually but when I came across xbmcfreaks cd I've been using them ever since. You don't have to config anything with xbmc freaks. Usually everything works right off. The only downfall though is you cannot upgrade it because it will break packages. So you have to re-download whatever new iso xbmcfreaks provides to get the latest.

However I miss having the latest.

Thanks for the info.
---
Running XBMC Live 10.1

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Live] Problems with Juddering/stuttering Video0