Mashable Awards 2011
Hey all, I wanted to throw this question out to the community. Mashable does a yearly Awards thing, and I was curious if anyone thought XBMC would fit into any of the applicable categories.

http://mashable.com/follow/contests/mash...ategories/

If everyone does, then I suppose we could try to make a push into the one we like most. While I don't know if we're a perfect fit for any specific category, I am completely certain that there are so many die-hard XBMC fans that we could probably join together and force our way into the voting.

So let's call this an internal call for nominations. The most obvious categories I see are
  • "most useful mobile app" and "most innovative mobile app" for XBMC for iOS
  • Best online video streaming app
  • Must-Follow Nonprofit on social media
  • (and in the tradition of our Sourceforge award) Game of the Year

Feel free to reply if you think XBMC is the best of one of these categories, if XBMC is the best at another category that I didn't list, or if XBMC doesn't really fit into any of Mashable's tech categories.
Sounds great to me. I will definitely nominate XBMC for whatever category we decide to push.

Might I also suggest "Most Useful Tablet-Based App"
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
"Most Useful Tablet-Based App"

Looks like there are some hard pushes going in the general "mobile app" ones. We might have a better chance to stand out in the tablet-based app one.
In looking at the competition, most of which I haven't ever heard of, Most Useful Tablet-Based App certainly looks like a good category.

Edit: Plus it's probably the coolest way to show off XBMC for iOS.
"Best Online Video Streaming Service/App" seems to me to be the best fit but it might be a competitive category. Lots of people have nominated Boxee already.
Johnnyfive Wrote:"Best Online Video Streaming Service/App" seems to me to be the best fit but it might be a competitive category. Lots of people have nominated Boxee already.

I know the two communities are very friendly with each other, but boy does that make me want to push for that category and take them on :D

However, I still think the tablet one is our best bet
Heh, we can nominate XBMC for each category AND do it again each day.

I just sent in nominations for "XBMC" for:

Most Useful Tablet-Based App
Most Useful Mobile App
Most Innovative Mobile App
Best Online Video Streaming Service/App

EVERYONE DO THIS AND REPEAT EACH DAY! Be sure to bug everyone on Facebook to do it too!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mashable Awards 20110