new program using touchscreen to control all
I recently bought a doublesight 9inch usb touchscreen monitor. After messing with it for a bit I realized how incredible it is. It works with usb so you can have xbmc on main monitor(tv) and control it and anything else with this monitor. The program I am working on is very much like irule except for pc. The entire GUI is built from xml files. That means you can completely change every aspect of the program! add more buttons, web pages, controls ect...

As of now It is itach compatible so you can control anything using itach ir transmitters!
Control any other program running on the same pc.
launch any other program.
unique way of incorperating other programs into it by means of transparent parts.
currently mine is in the kitchen and I can control my entire entertainment system plus itunes and xbmc. when not using it it works just like a digital photo frame.

If anyone has one of these monitors and is interested in test please let me know. I will post some pics of the program tomorrow.
I use a touchscreen on my htpc... I would like to try your app.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
This is the weather tab. It downloads the info from weather.com and I have been told weather.com is canceling this and wants me to get a monthly sub from weatherchannel.com for like $60 a month so I am looking into a different free option to get all the weather info.

Next image is an example of the transparency feature that is completly changable using a simple image that is loaded. This allows running programs and giving the impression that it is part of the program!

An example using itunes Smile and showing a second menu that slides out. All panels slide in and out and you can add as many as u want with as many buttons as u want.

If you notice the keyboard button in the upper right it will load the keyboard so you can use this with NO MOUSE or Wired keyboard! everything is by touch!

You can add webpages to panels also so any webpage can be incorperated into the program. I use Pandora all the time and it logs me right in so I can control it.
Again everything is built in real time from xml files much like XBMC. Using a USB touchscreen monitor will allow you to control XBMC and any other program from the touchscreen. It also can controll and send ir commands to an itach transmitter! I use this to control my entertainment center from the touchscreen.

My goal is to get json working and be able to have it control xbmc just like the iphone app from collect3. that app is amazing.
Also considering a net app that will allow you to send commands to other pcs on your network so you can control several pcs from one little touchscreen.

My entire house has been using xbmc from day one. I still have 4 xboxs lol and now they all have acer aspires and a couple custom build media players now for the highdef movies. It is xbmc that inspired me to make this program fully customizable. Theres no program that just works like xbmc.
Livin Wrote:I use a touchscreen on my htpc... I would like to try your app.

Same here.
+1 to check it out
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
Looking into a way of hosting the download.
Using the this same program I built a fully fuctioning xbox remote. all buttons work and can be assigned to anything. heres a pic.

the app with this settup is about 297kb in a rar if you would like me to email it to you give me your email in a private message. at this time I do not have any documentation on all the functions you can assign to a button but you will see there is a few in the gui xml file for a couple of buttons.
Just got json to work on latest version. At this time it will only allow sending commands through tcp. Just need you Xbmc Ip address and what json you want to send. Any button can have these set up as the sender so you can control Xbmc from anywhere on your network. So you can control as many xbmc installs on your network all at once from the same app.
FilesHuh?
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
Im working on getting a website set up to help with the skinning and for downloads. The way its set up once someone creates all the images and buttons it can be used in any other setup as a panel. I have finished the tcp work to allow you to use json through tcp to control xbmc. Its still only one way but am working on being able to show thumbs ect.. you can always use the webbrowser on a panel and use the latest webserver from xbmc to view all the movies ect..

I have the itach part working perfect so if you have any itach equipment it will allow you to fully control the ir output so you can control any equipment through IR.

Im also still looking into a new weather site to update local weather inside the app.

Im trying to get as much finalized in the xml part as possible to prevent incompatable updates as far as skins go so bear with me.
Looks very promising.

I have a usb touchscreen that I would like to test on.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
new program using touchscreen to control all0