SNES9x fullscreen?
Does anyone know how to get SNES9x (the X11 version, not GTK version) to go to fullscreen in xbmc?

I've been playing around with /etc/snes9x/snes9x.conf but there were no display options listed and none of the command line arguments seem to deal with the resolution or window size. I manually added a snes9x.xml file to ~/.snes9x, but that doesn't seem to have any effect.

Snes9x-GTK does go fullscreen, but it makes an odd flickering effect when opening or closing: I'd much prefer the smooth transition of Snes9x. I tried compiling zsnes as well, but getting that to work in a 64-bit environment seems to require a level of linux-vodoo I'd like to avoid if possible.

My OS is Ubuntu Server 11.04, if that's of any help.
I don't run Linux but here's some suggestions that should be applicable:

In XBMC I use the Rom Collection Browser addon which has a solo mode to exit XBMC before launching the emulator, and restart XBMC when the emulator closes. Maybe that would solve any graphical glitches.

Also you should look into SNES9x Next + SSNES: http://board.byuu.org/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2154

SSNES is a very nice command-line based frontend that lets you configure display options, input controls for starting/stopping the emulator, etc. I find it very helpful for HTPC use.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SNES9x fullscreen?0