[RELEASE] FlexiBrowser (Script)
(rocafellasqualie @ may 30 2005,16:00 Wrote:just posted about a problem with the script starting up

http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....ry71873
did you place the clientcookie.zip in the same dir as flexibrowser and then did a xbmc reboot?

i had the same when i did not reboot xbmc after ftping the script
i had a suspicion about this not being correct when he submitted the script. i therfore sent him a mail after approving it...as he hasn't replied yet i took myself the liberty to update the file myself. that means that it now includes clientcookie.

please tell me if there's still something wrong with the package...
xbmcscripts.com administrator
i tried downloading the package but it loops me back to the "home / xbmc scripts / media: streaming" section

edit: the link's working now & so does the script :kickass:
thanks guys for the help! :bowdown:
@all: sorry for the missing file. shouldn't package the stuff that late in the night. Confusedleep:

(enderw @ may 30 2005,20:33 Wrote:i took myself the liberty to update the file myself. that means that it now includes clientcookie.
@enderw: extra thanks for correcting my mistake.  :bowdown:

bernd
hi, this is a reply i made to this thread, and i thought i could bring it over here too, where it is more appropriate.

hi again! thank you very much for the prompt response. Smile

Quote:i'm currently working on displaying images so we can see all the screenshots of upcoming games.

very nice! :d that will be great. audio support would be nice too Wink

Quote:normally the re.dotall should work, but i had also problems with it, so i tried the replace('\n', '') approach.
what do mean by "lock up"? does the script just stop responding, but ftp still works?
i was just trying to hunt down this kind of bug.
i will check this out on the weekend and post here if i find out anything.

by "lock up", i mean the system really just stops responding to anything, and even the ftp server doesn't respond anymore. it's not like when your script has invalid code, it's really everything freezing. strange thing is, it never happened to me before using that expression. only if i include that line of code does it happen. oh, and sadly the re.dotall doesn't work either in those cases i mentioned...
let me know if you can find a solution. i'm only just learning python with this plugin so i'm really not familiar with it... Confusedhifty:

Quote:i use () to tag parts of the regexp. the mov[n] statement means the n-th tagged expression.
in the regexp '<a\s+href="([^/w].*?)">(.*?)</a>'
mov[0] is the first part ([^/w].*?) and
mov[1] is the second part (.*?).
great, that is what i thought, thanks Smile

Quote:if you have any other questions feel free to post them in flexi browser dev thread.
i'll post this in that thread too.

thanks again for your support!

edit: by the way, do you use any way to debug your code, so you can know where the problem is instead of having to guess what it is everytime?

edit2: if you want added internationalization you can add the lines
Quote: decoded = string.replace(decoded, 'ã', 'a')
decoded = string.replace(decoded, 'ç', 'c')
to your decodehtml function in the flexibrowser.py file, since xbox doesn't support ã or ç. :p
i came across your xmbc script and thought it would be a good entry point for me to try to script something worthwhile..

in any event, i wanted to make a video browser for big-boys.com (a site like ebaumsworld with crazy videos)..

you can find my current progress here:
http://www.dzgraphics.com/dzg20/code/plu...ys_beta.py

in any event, i got it working to some degree. as of right now the script just pulls the first 10 pages. this works out fine for now since the site updates putting the newest videos on the first page.

i wanted to make the script work sort of like the ebaum script in that it would go through all the html pages in a loop until it reached a 404 error. the problem that i am having is that the loop done in the ebaum script looks for a 404 response, but the big-boys.com site does a redirect..

the ebaum script does the following:
while (data.find('404 - not found') == -1):

but again, i dont know what kind of response to expect since the page simply redirects to the homepage if the page doesnt exist.

in any event, i am trying to make this script worthwhile, and it is at least working as of right now.. if someone could give me some pointers i would much appreciate it. i had also tried just making the script loop through pages 1 through 150, but that would cause the flexibrowser to lockup when i ran main flexibrowser script for some reason..

any feedback, tips or help would be appreciated.. a script for big-boys.com would rule Smile

p.s. is there a better editor to use for python scripts than just textpad/editplus/notepad? plain text is a pain to work with, especially when you are spoiled by working with vs.net Smile
i'm currently testing a new "multi download" feature in flexibrowser.
it allows to fetch a list of urls. this should be suitable for your big-boys plugin. i hope it is finished by next weekend (can't promise anything).

i think there should be some specific string to check whether it is the redirected home page. if not you can inverse the loop condition and check whether a specific string is in returned html data.

bernd
(bernd @ aug. 02 2005,23:40 Wrote:i'm currently testing a new "multi download" feature in flexibrowser.
it allows to fetch a list of urls. this should be suitable for your big-boys plugin. i hope it is finished by next weekend (can't promise anything).

i think there should be some specific string to check whether it is the redirected home page. if not you can inverse the loop condition and check whether a specific string is in returned html data.

bernd
thanks for the feedback, i didnt think about doing an inverse loop.. ill have to check that out tonight..

im going to try to get a decent environment setup tonight, hopefully with some debugging.. if i could just tell what was being sent back i could know what to avoid..

any suggestions as to setting up an environment on my pc to debug with? im going to try to get python 2.3 setup and try out an ide called 'spe':
http://www.stani.be/python/spe/blog/

thanks again.. your script has made it alot easier for me to get started im sure Smile
i personally use scite for python editing.

it is small (no installation required),
flexible (highly configurable),
has syntax coloring,
supports the python interpreter (f5 start the scripts),
has a cool output window (double click on error message jumps to line)
and the best of all: its free Smile

bernd

(please don't post any "but editor x is better than editor y" replies in this thread! replies. this thread is for flexibrowser dev topics
feel free to create another thread to discuss editors.
thank you Smile )
ive been playing around some more with the template, and i have a question..

in the class templatemovieelement, function geturl() if the script fails to find the movie it returns '' and leaves the node in the tree structure. i am wondering if there is a way to remove that node if getting the movie link was unsuccessful, or if instead of returning '' it could return something specific like '<invalidmovieelement>' which the gui could then recognize and give the user an appropriate message.

im finding that when i am parsing the movie pages of big-boys.com some of them are flash files, so i have to return '', and end up with a bunch of movies listed in the browser which are innacessable, and when you click on them nothing happens.

is there a better way for me to handle this?

thanks in advance.

p.s. is there any place that finished plugins should be sent to be included in future releases? ive still got a ways to go, but was just wondering.
hi,

i have a problem with the alpha centauri, its not showing me the video its also not downloading any temp files to z:\ Sad
please help me

thx
(dazinith @ aug. 03 2005,08:06 Wrote:in the class templatemovieelement, function geturl() if the script fails to find the movie it returns '' and leaves the node in the tree structure. i am wondering if there is a way to remove that node if getting the movie link was unsuccessful, or if instead of returning '' it could return something specific like '<invalidmovieelement>' which the gui could then recognize and give the user an appropriate message.

im finding that when i am parsing the movie pages of big-boys.com some of them are flash files, so i have to return '', and end up with a bunch of movies listed in the browser which are innacessable, and when you click on them nothing happens.

is there a better way for me to handle this?

i'm sorry atm there is now way to delete the item. and you're right there should be at least some kind of message displayed to the user.
i think i'll add the error-message in the next release.
for the removal of the 'unplayable' item i'll have to check how it could be done.
a plug-in cannot do anything special to make that happen. the geturl() function should return an empty string to indicate that the url can't be found/played.
but due to the seperation of gui and plugins in flexibrowser it may be added in a future release and all plug-ins will benefit Smile

Quote:p.s. is there any place that finished plugins should be sent to be included in future releases? ive still got a ways to go, but was just wondering.
i haven't thought about it yet Huh i think you can post it on xbmcscripts.com (the home for all scripts) and mark it explicitly as a plug-in for flexibrowser. in this case you'll be able to update/fix it without having to wait for a new flexibrowser release.

bernd
(der hesse @ aug. 03 2005,16:32 Wrote:hi,

i have a problem with the alpha centauri, its not showing me the video its also not downloading any temp files to z:\ Sad
please help me

thx
this thread is for developer topics only.
see this tread for an answer.

bernd
Thumbs Up 
i just uploaded flexibrowser 1.4 to xbmcscripts. :o
(it may take some time until it is available for download)

new in 1.4:
- spikedhumor (tons of funny videos)
- screenshot galleries of teamxbox
 (see screenshots of new xbox games even before the first video is out!Wink

changed:
- teamxbox working again (added support for age verification).
- ebaum's world working again
- added more error handling.
 in case of serious errors the script shouldn't lock-up anymore and gracefully shut down
- disabled boards screeningroom since the site isn't accessible anymore.

notes:
-the alpha centauri plugin still works, but it seems that xbmc has problems playing those streams. maye it will be fixed in future releases of xbmc.

have fun
bernd

please post any user questions in this thread
funny, the site says that it is the 1.4 version but when you dl it its really 1.31. thats pretty gay

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] FlexiBrowser (Script)0