"File not found in library...
...remove from list?"

I keep getting this error. Despite the fact that since I installed XBMC I haven't added, deleted, moved, renamed anything.

Indeed, it even happens within the same television show folder after watching one episode the next won't play and prompts the above message.

Is there something I'm doing wrong in my shares set up? I'm mapping things using the smb unc paths; "//server/television/", "/server/films" etc. Haven't yet encountered a problem with my music library..

1. XBMC ver 10.1 using Confluence
2. Windows Server 2003 SP2 - 32bit
3. Intel Quad Core Q8400
4. 4GB DDR2 Ram
5. ATI HD 5450, ati2vdiag.dll 6.14 (XP driver but only one that works with Windows Server)
6. Onboard sound (Gigabyte motherboard), Realtek HDMI Audio driver
7. All files are stored on internal SATA disks in a JBOD configuration, I have seven computers in total on my home network, two linux machines, the rest are Windows 7. I've tested the files on a linux/windows machine, and I don't have any problems accessing the shares or playing files.
8. To get a concise debugging log, I deleted the existing log and started a fresh. I have gone through a selection of episodes and tried to play them, but gotten the error message "File not found in library, remove...?".
9. http://pastebin.com/gQ4hSLsY

Hope this helps more.
Is you server going to sleep? Are you wireless? Drive going bad? Sound like you set it up right
Jetster Wrote:Is you server going to sleep? Are you wireless? Drive going bad? Sound like you set it up right

No, no, and no. I check the drives health regularly (as its on my server). I don't use wireless, and the server is on 24/7 with sleep/hibernate disabled.
Still a common enough occurence. Bump for ideas?
K I guess I'll try removing all sources, starting again..
Debug log, without this your just S.O.L. (S*** Outta Luck) & J.W.F. (Jolly Well F***ed) if you want help
The balance between rudeness and helpfulness seems to have started tilting the wrong direction just recently, or maybe I'm just grumpy this morning.

@kitsunegari: if you enable debug logging XBMC records details of it's library scanning, so if there is an error finding a file the debug log will hopefully give some clues as to what is going on. You can enable debug logging though the user interface (System settings, System, Debugging) but this displays debug info on the screen so it's better to do it with an advancedsettings.xml file.

Press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

Code:
notepad "%APPDATA%/xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml"

Click OK and notepad should open. If you're prompted to create a new file answer Yes. Now copy and paste the following into Notepad:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <loglevel>1</loglevel>
</advancedsettings>

Close Notepad and save the changes. Now whenever you run XBMC is will record debug info in the log. The next time you get one of the errors note the video name then immediately close XBMC. Open the debug log by pressing Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

Code:
"%appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log"

(including the quotes). Click OK and the log should open in Notepad. Copy and paste the log into http://pastebin.com/ and post the link it gives you here along with which video caused the problem. We can have a look through the log to see if we can find the error.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:The balance between rudeness and helpfulness seems to have started tilting the wrong direction just recently, or maybe I'm just grumpy this morning.

@kitsunegari: if you enable debug logging XBMC records details of it's library scanning, so if there is an error finding a file the debug log will hopefully give some clues as to what is going on. You can enable debug logging though the user interface (System settings, System, Debugging) but this displays debug info on the screen so it's better to do it with an advancedsettings.xml file.

Press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

Code:
notepad "%APPDATA%/xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml"
Cheers jhs, I've enabled debugging now; will check out the log tonight and post it if I can't find the answer. Should I rescrape?

isamu.dragon Wrote:Debug log, without this your just S.O.L. (S*** Outta Luck) & J.W.F. (Jolly Well F***ed) if you want help
Rather than being rude just hit your back button. Life's too short to be rude and angry.
kitsunegari Wrote:Cheers jhs, I've enabled debugging now; will check out the log tonight and post it if I can't find the answer. Should I rescrape?

Rather than being rude just hit your back button. Life's too short to be rude and angry.

yet you give so little info to your problem. when all you give us is:
kitsunegari Wrote:...remove from list?"

I keep getting this error. Despite the fact that since I installed XBMC I haven't added, deleted, moved, renamed anything.

Indeed, it even happens within the same television show folder after watching one episode the next won't play and prompts the above message.

Is there something I'm doing wrong in my shares set up? I'm mapping things using the smb unc paths; "//server/television/", "/server/films" etc. Haven't yet encountered a problem with my music library..

there can be hundreds of reasons for this error.

Without a Debug Log I stand by my original comment.

Quote:Debug log, without this your just S.O.L. (S*** Outta Luck) & J.W.F. (Jolly Well F***ed) if you want help

the only thing I can ask besides this is:

Is your hard drive(s) internal or external?
If external than the 2nd question may be the problem
Does the drive(s) have a power save function?
This may render sources unreadable. Since it takes approx. 3secs to come out of the HDDs "sleep" and XBMC can't read it immediately.

F.Y.I.: I get testy when people want solutions to problems without giving the proper Information, when the has dozens of possible answers (some may be a combination). Many new users state a problem like this:
Code:
Help, XBMC won't read this file.
and that's all they give. No file structure (usually the problem), No naming scheme (another probable), and no debug log (which may tell us that their Anti-Virus is blocking XBMC from scrapping).

Edit: Basically, people who don't read the sticky, HOW-TO post about a problem or ask for help in a useful manner, before posting their problems, just frustrate me
Ok after a bit more testing, I have the following. Note I'm using confluence, and currently have menu options Videos, Movies, TVShows all enabled because I wanted to test the separate views. Under Videos I have two shares set up, Films and Television.

I can use the Fanart view fine, but no info shows up, eg plot info, which is what I'm after. I get problems with "File not found...". This seems to be the case for both Films and TV.

There seems to be a lot of this in the log:
http://pastebin.com/3Nirnzxe

Here is much more info with a lot more of the "Could not enumerate file":
http://pastebin.com/9w9kx9NV

And I've deleted below that as it is film playback and no problems were encountered, but can upload the entire log (~3MB) if needed.

I understand that the "Could not enumerate.." issue is with the TV scraper not being able to load information for the episode because they're named differently to what the scraper expects; I can understand that this would cause issues with retrieving information about the episode and its fanart/thumbnail, but would this prevent me from playing certain files?

Oh and no external drives.
isamu.dragon Wrote:Many new users state a problem like this:
Code:
Help, XBMC won't read this file.
I can totally understand where you're coming from - but you have to consider that a lot of people might not only be new to this forum, but to forums in general. They do not know how everything works over here. Instead of insulting the OP, why don't you just put up a link to the sticky you mention below?
This way they know they did wrong and probably post in a useful manner. Or not. If not - ignore them and simply do not open the thread anymore, they will soon realize that they are lost without anyones help...
Just my 2 Cents.

Back 2 Topic:
The "could not enumerate"-errors do not prevent XBMC from playing files. However - your log is incomplete as it is not a log of your actual error which you are seeking help for. A debug-log is needed for a movie/episode where the playback actually fails to determine why it fails.
On a sidenote: It would have been a good choice to actually read the Topic isamu.dragon pointed you at - because we want and need more information... you are using Windows Server 2003 SP2, right?
Do you have any problems with the shares under Windows? With other players? Full debug-log in which the error actually occurs, etc, etc - please provide detailed infos.
Does the "File not Found..."-Error happen randomly or on specific movies/episodes?
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

Ok I will endeavour to provide more useful logs when I get home. Apologies for irritating anyone with less than useful RFH.
Ok, op updated with what I hope is more helpful.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"File not found in library...0