Controls Navigation !
Hello,
I'm trying to map the "onup", "ondown", "onright" and "onleft" tags in the xml to navigate correctly through the UI but i have faced some problems:

1. A control can only go to one controlID thus making it hard to navigate back to the control which was focused before (making the UI remember your last item you were on).
meaning a control has 1 item to navigate to once and for all.

2. Its kinda related to the previous problem, but its about hiding and showing controls .. i can't find a away to tell for ex: the "onright" tag to:
if( Control.IsVisible(id) ) go to 80 else got to 81

If someone one could point me to a documentation page or a sample of something similar it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
I wrote a program to program my program ! - programception.
if you stick a bunch of controls in a group then set the <onright> to the groups id then going back to the group will focus the last control that had focus.
Also if the control is now gone it will just default to the next visible one in the group
1. Use a group for that and set focus to the group, it will remember the last focused control.

2. Try <onright condition=""> (this will not work in dharma, use a recent nightly build)
@Jezz_X & @`Black: Thanks alot guys the group trick worked perfectly, but I'm curious shouldn't XBMC handle the navigation by it self without me interfering with it.. but then i guess that would require making application layouts and stuff to make that feature applicable.

Anyways thanks again =)
I wrote a program to program my program ! - programception.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Controls Navigation !0