XBMC Supported Hardware (Besides HTPC or iOS Device)
This is a question that has been plaguing me for quite a while.

I currently have 3 ION and ION2 based machines, and 2 NVidia GF210 machines running XBMC. I have not had any interest in getting an ATV2 just to jailbreak and still be limited to 720p anyway, maybe I will once Eden comes out and it has been optimized and is officially ready for iOS.

I would really like to know if there are any specific devices in on the RoadMap to have complete 1080p support for XBMC coming up.

The DLink Boxee Box was supposed to be the magical device that could do it all and keep the price under $200 for a complete solution including a remote, but of course they have that thing locked down and nobody has successfully got XBMC on it yet.

The CE4100 chip that was in the Boxee Box is very interesting though, with boxes from Asus and Acer supposedly coming out, but again, ability to install XBMC on these devices may not happen.

So, this may be a question for somebody high up in the development of XBMC, but what small inexpensive devices may have complete support in Eden (besided the ATV2).

If I still need to go the ION based HTPC for the near future, that's fine, and I can handle that if I need to.

Thanks.
Mini-ITX HTPC: Zotac IONITX-A (GF9400), Mini-Box M350, 2x512MB DDR2-533, 160GB 2.5" HD, XBMC Live 10.1, 20W/30W (Idle/Max)
Media Server: 2x2GB DDR2-800, 6x2TB WD20EARS, FreeNAS 8.0.1-RC1
It seems everybody that would know either doesn't see this thread, or has decided not to reply.

Oh well, I guess I'll just leave it open and see if I get any replies.

Also, I've recently tried OpenELEC and I really like it, can't wait to try it out and see how well it does 1080p on some AMD and Intel graphics (although I don't have any since I'm NVidia all around all because of XBMC).
Mini-ITX HTPC: Zotac IONITX-A (GF9400), Mini-Box M350, 2x512MB DDR2-533, 160GB 2.5" HD, XBMC Live 10.1, 20W/30W (Idle/Max)
Media Server: 2x2GB DDR2-800, 6x2TB WD20EARS, FreeNAS 8.0.1-RC1
For that form factor and price you are unfortunately stuck with Ion or ATV.
Mallet21 is right, AppleTV1 does 1080P and its cheap

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Supported Hardware (Besides HTPC or iOS Device)0