• 2(current)
PAPlayer (PAP) in XBMC CVS, what is it?
grrrr. it was started being coded less than a week ago - ok?

don't expect it to be perfect just yet. be patient.

and yes, that bug has already been fixed.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

it was meant to motivate u guys. just kidding. keep up the good work
real_men_don't_need_spacebars.
hello.

i haven't seen it posted anywhere else yet, but for folks following this thread, i thought it would be worth mentioning that the latest build supports gapless playback with paplayer/in_mp3.dll.  i've checked it out and it's really nice.  go grab a new build and see for yourself!
yeah, and it's quite solid too, and lets not forget the audible ff/rew, working cuesupport for both cbr and vbr & gapless glory

all it's missing is a couple of more input plugins, replaygain support maybe and we have a nice musiccore imho
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

thanks guys !! - this has been one of the annoyances which i thought we were stuck with...

who knows we may be on the road to a xbmc 1.2 and bug bash !!
amazing work guys, i'm very impressed with the new audio core. gapless, vbr, all working great.

i really am very impressed.
yess, great work!!! i was waiting for this.
real_men_don't_need_spacebars.
paplayer is a very welcome improvement. gapless playback and the audible seeking is excellent.

has anyone else noticed an occassional hiccup in playback with it though? every once in a while there will be a slight skip. is paplayer interacting with the buffer differently? i'm on a wireless network (54g), so the stutter is probably somehow related. the reason i bring it up is that mplayer has never stuttered during playback since xbmc's conception (what, 1.5 years ago?)
the replaygain support is very welcomed. hopefully apev2 tags will be supported soon (apparently being worked on since the ape codec has been added to paplayer).
(aron parsons @ april 25 2005,07:26 Wrote:has anyone else noticed an occassional hiccup in playback with it though?  every once in a while there will be a slight skip.
i just compiled a new build ("added: codec factory for paplayer " being the latest addition to the changelog). i can confirm this is happening.
I'm the one currently maintaning the Norwegian translation. Please drop me a message if you find errors or room for improvement.
(vnm @ may 01 2005,21:14 Wrote:
(aron parsons @ april 25 2005,07:26 Wrote:has anyone else noticed an occassional hiccup in playback with it though? every once in a while there will be a slight skip.
i just compiled a new build ("added: codec factory for paplayer " being the latest addition to the changelog). i can confirm this is happening.
i'll post an entry in the 'bugs' forum; it'll probably be faster to get jmarshall's attention than a sf bug.
i can also confirm the bug and it is not related ot the wireless network. even f yoiu increase the cache level it still happens. no stuttering experienced with mplayer and video...
i've tested many mp3s and havent been able to reproduce yet, we are talking mp3 i guess Huh

yes, mp3s. my mp3s are all vbr encoded with lame aps or apx. as others stated, the stuttering does not occur with mplayer.
all:

cache means nothing to paplayer.

with mp3's we have the following memory blocks in use:

1. 64k read buffer for the mp3 file.

2. 4 frame (1152*4*4) buffer in the codec itself to allow for gapless playback.

3. 2 second buffer in the paplayer itself, of which at least 1 second is almost always full.

4. 1 second final output buffer.

with these, i have never had a single issue at all, but i am running over smb on a wired network.

perhaps we need additional buffers at either steps 1 or 3 (as these are what slow networks would produce.

to be honest though, reading from network should not be a problem at all with mp3 - the required datarate is so slow.

note that i've also never had issues with ape which have a much higher datarate.

i may add some more debugging output. trouble is it's very hard to add efficient targetted debugging without knowing what is causing this exactly.

cheers,
jonathan

• 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PAPlayer (PAP) in XBMC CVS, what is it?0