"Waiting for network configuration..."
I recently upgraded from ubuntu 11.04 to 11.10, and at first everything seemed to be working fine. But now I can't get into live at all. Every time I boot the machine the XBMC interface only takes up a quarter of the screen and doesn't respond to my keyboard. When I press F8 to see what happened during the boot, I see:

Code:
* Starting XBMCLive
Waiting for network configuration...
Waiting up to 60 more seconds for network configuration...
Booting system without full network configuration...

There's a lot more output about the various process being started, and then, fourth from the bottom is:

Code:
* Starting Network connection manager wicd

I use wicd to manage/set up my wireless network in linux. I suspect that before the upgrade this was run before XBMC, but now for some reason is being run after. Does anyone know of a way to change the order?
I looked around on some other forums and discovered that this is a problem with ubuntu 11.10, not xbmc. I managed to fix it by commenting out any reference to "eth0" in my /etc/networks/interfaces file, but it looks like there's a wide variety of possible problem/solutions.
TripleD Wrote:I looked around on some other forums and discovered that this is a problem with ubuntu 11.10, not xbmc. I managed to fix it by commenting out any reference to "eth0" in my /etc/networks/interfaces file, but it looks like there's a wide variety of possible problem/solutions.

You have probably been hit by this bug

/A

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Waiting for network configuration..."0