Folders in 'Pictures' section
Hi,

Is there any code i can use to display a custom image for folders in the picture section, instead of the default way it shows a few images from within a folder.

I was thinking of something like <visible>SubString(ListItem.Icon,DefaultFolderBack.png,Left)</visible> that i use to display a custom DefaultFolderBack.png image for certain views.

Just not sure whats needed here (ListItem.Icon,********,Left)</ instead of DefaultFolderBack.png?

Cheers Wink
If i'm not wrong you can name folder.jpg the picture you wanna show.
butchabay Wrote:If i'm not wrong you can name folder.jpg the picture you wanna show.

Hey butchabay,

Not quite following... could you expand on that?

Cheers! Wink
liquidskin76 Wrote:Hey butchabay,

Not quite following... could you expand on that?

Cheers! Wink

Sure,

Pictures
--- folder.jpg
--- folder.jpg
---IMG01.jpg
---IMG02.jpg
---IMG03.jpg

In that case you have folder.jpg showing for Pictures.

and under 2011 folder.jpg showing.

See Here:

Under Picture Thumbnails.

Cheers
Ah, i'm with you. That on a per user basis though. From that link, here's a description of the default behaviour...

"<MyHolidayPictures>\folder.jpg is checked first. If that file doesn't exist, XBMC will generate a thumbnail from up to 4 random images inside that folder."

I'm looking to stop this behaviour on a skinning level, so it will always display a custom image for folders instead of the 4 random images.

Is this poss?

Cheers
I don't think it's possible on skinning level, but may i ask why it should be in the skin code? would be nice to have it on the contex menu within xbmc, as "choose thumbnail".

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Folders in 'Pictures' section0