Personal IMDB ranking
Something i'm missing is integrating with IMDB with the personal user.
The feature should be double:
  • When seeing movie information, there should be a place next to the global movie ranking
  • When you finish viewing a movie, open a page asking you to rank the movie in IMDB.

I think this will be a great feature!
Even better then opening a page would be to just select stars like in music and then that info is send to iMDB.
There is a patch pending for personal rating of videos in XBMC, shouldn't be hard to code an addon to sync it with IMDb personal ratings afterwards.
This would be a great feature, I'm looking forward to rate and see my imdb ratings within the xbmc.
So when someone merges this 607 (PR) into master we can use personal ratings? That's awesome even without IMDb sync.
I would truly love this.
Is really none else interested in this?
I am! Smile
Hello guys.

I would love to rate my movies too.

Look at my previous thread, there are some informations : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=117414

Solution 1 : "[PATCH] Add support for rating videos" :
After posting on trac, I followed the advice from the trac ticket which said "...all patches as pull request on GitHub.com to get attention of the developers".
It's why I did because the devs seemed to have left the project.
Since, nothing new... snif...

Solution 2 : trakt.tv / sharethe.tv integration : asked for trakt.tv : Answer : "Nothing planned right now to offer a 10 point scale."

Solution 3 : IMDb integration : [RELEASE] - Rating Update : Answer from the script author : "This script uses imdbphpapi class that does nothing to retrieve specific data from imdb website (it's a workaround because imdb doesn't allow scraping)"

Finally, a workaround would be a local implementation as proposed by "m4x1m" : [RELEASE] - Rating Update

Back to Solution 1 : "[PATCH] Add support for rating videos" : (local feature but still great then we could ask for trakt.tv / sharethe.tv integration Smile ).

It seems it just need to be updated to the last DB revision and we could have this awesome feature as said by the author himself of this patch :

"Hi,
This is my code and it's a bit stale right now. At a minimum, the DB revision needs to be bumped up -- I think we're at revision 58 right now. If any xbmc maintainer is willing to pull this into the tree when it's ready, I would be more than happy to update the patches."

Any ideas guys ? Any suggestions or informations ?
How to get more the attention of the developers ?
Any devs who could work on this patch, please ? (All work is done... Sad)

I pray every day for this...

Cheers.
Because there is a feature freeze they only look for bug fixes. Not for adding new things. When Eden is released it probably get attention.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Martijn Wrote:Because there is a feature freeze they only look for bug fixes. Not for adding new things. When Eden is released it probably get attention.

Thank you, I understand better now.
is someone working on this?

i tried importing my imdb-ratings into "extreme movie manager" and from there export .nfo-files to xbmc but that didn't really work.

this would be an awesome feature!
hello guys, im in dire need of this feature as well. personal rating + sort option in xbmc would be an awesome addition. any news on the patches?
this could become possible with new movie tagging system being implemented Smile
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/1108
Guys, I really want this feature and I don't mind developing it.
Can this be done via add on? A skin? Combination?
Please give me some background on how to approach this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Personal IMDB ranking2