• 143(current)
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC
Is there a way to change the port which you use to access the webfront end for maraschino from within the web interface. At the moment mine is set to 8260 but I wanted to change it and I couldn't work out how. It should be a part of the settings in the top right but I dont believe it's there.
(2013-09-14, 23:32)kinnth Wrote: Is there a way to change the port which you use to access the webfront end for maraschino from within the web interface. At the moment mine is set to 8260 but I wanted to change it and I couldn't work out how. It should be a part of the settings in the top right but I dont believe it's there.

It's under server settings in the upper right menu.
If there any qbittorrent users using maraschino can you test this build?

https://github.com/Hellowlol/maraschino/...bittorrent

If its all working is getting merged.
Seems like our forum got flooded with spam, trying to clean it up but unsure how long this will take.
Maraschino - github - website
Send notifications to XBMC

when sending notifications is it possible to change the length in seconds it's displayed on the front end.
Apologies if it's a stupid question, but is it possible to install this on an Raspberry Pi running OpenELEC
Has everyone moved on to using something else now? Seems to have lost interest.
I think posts just aren't happening here. There is work being done in the github repo and the official forum has posts almost every day. I think it is more likely that Maraschino has gotten to the point where people are comfortable with the features and interface and there is less need for constant tinkering. I would expect as XBMC adds new features - especially to to the JSON-RPC server - that Maraschino will keep up.

Here is the official forum: http://forums.maraschinoproject.com/
(2013-11-05, 16:17)robweber Wrote: I think posts just aren't happening here. There is work being done in the github repo and the official forum has posts almost every day. I think it is more likely that Maraschino has gotten to the point where people are comfortable with the features and interface and there is less need for constant tinkering. I would expect as XBMC adds new features - especially to to the JSON-RPC server - that Maraschino will keep up.

Here is the official forum: http://forums.maraschinoproject.com/

Development of the core platform/app has been DEAD for a long time. The VERY FEW posts in the last 1 year has mainly been users and some from Hellow who has made a few modules - only 1 or 2 from the core dev team, and nothing in the past 6+ months. I don't see this changing. Most people have been switching to HTPC-Manager... which works better but has less modules, unfortunately.

Maraschino is nice and for the most part works but needs some serious improvement in a few ways - none of which have been addressed. The developers do not seem to want to fix the issues or add any new features.

problems with the app that I see...

1) no way to load a module multiple times - this is a problem when you have more than one app (2 installs of Sick Beard, etc) or camera to display.
2) XBMC media control is lacking & tedious to use. A jukebox style UI was supposed to be release long ago, it never materialized.
3) a new module for app control & status is needed... basically, 2 way communications for those who need to know if an app is running and/or the app can provide a specific status/state (security armed, bypass, parameter, etc)
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Do the developers that keep committing code to the main repo know that the project is DEAD? Given the 70+ commits in the past year (several in the past 2 months) someone forgot to tell them.
If you want more features added, please test the prs and give feedback. Nothing is getting merged unless it's 100%
Do you have any experience in adding proxy support? Just about every application that has a module in this can be proxied for external access (which is what I mainly use this for) but Maraschino seems to struggle. I'm not sure if it's due to iFrames being used for modules, but the XBMC modules work when I view them on an external network.
Well if I was the Dev for this I'd have soon lost interest. Whats with all the aggressive and pushy posts guys? Its a free app/addon so you have no "rights" here!!!
Which aggressive and pushy posts? People are mentioning what is wrong or what they might like added. There are forums for this app in and of itself which might help some people here:
http://forums.maraschinoproject.com/index.php
I don't know if this has been requested yet, but would it be possible to have Maraschino control multiple instances of Sickbeard and Couchpotato? At home, I've setup a "kids" sickbeard/cp server and an "adult" sickbeard/cp server, and I would like to be able to control both of them.

Worst case, I'll run 2 instances of Maraschino, but I would really rather not Smile

Thanks for all your hard work.

~Spritz
  • 143(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC4