• 92(current)
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC
I have put together a branch with files support for the media library mode. This branch needs quite alot of testing as i am only able to test out the file structures and operating systems i have.

I have tested smb shares, nfs shares, linux paths and windows paths.
The only known thing that isnt working atm is queueing directories.

If anyone would like to test it its available here: https://github.com/N3MIS15/maraschino/tr..._lib_files
rudf0rd Wrote:Awesome. Just got it working behind nginx + gunicorn!
http://cl.ly/0B3p002g3O2w1F2O270P

rudf0rd, what did you put in your /etc/nginx/sites-available/default file?
Sorry for the re-post. Was just curious whether there is any chance / hope to see an update feature anytime soon. I love the way SB and HP update itself. Any idea to borrow the code from them?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
steve1977 Wrote:Sorry for the re-post. Was just curious whether there is any chance / hope to see an update feature anytime soon. I love the way SB and HP update itself. Any idea to borrow the code from them?

We devs have been pretty busy recently (I know that I have, anyway). It's definitely something that we want to do though, and sooner rather than later.
Maraschino - a web frontend for your XBMC HTPC
Project homepage | XBMC forum thread
soviet Wrote:has anyone successfully gotten maraschino running 100% on arch linux? not having very much luck with everything working.

I would also like to get this working on arch linux (pogoplug arm). What are you trying to run it on at the minute? I'm just trying to determine what difficulties I'm going to have before purchasing.
Found out why the icons look extremely low res when using Chrome's 'Create Application Shortcuts' feature.
The fav.ico always defaults to the lowest res (16x16).

In base.html, to make this work better, a small edit is needed in the fav.ico's line -
The tag needs to specify which version of the icon it should use - (16x16, 32x32, 64x64 or 128x128).

I would recommend changing it to 64x64 by changing line 10 in templates/base.html

From -
Code:
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="/static/images/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">
To -
Code:
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="/static/images/favicon.ico" sizes="64x64" type="image/x-icon">

Nothing major if you dont use Maraschino as a Google Extension, but I do and thought it was worth mentioning.

Something else I've added is the ability to read the Modules description in the settings view.
This makes it a good idea for the Search module IMO as it could warn the user to make sure they enter the correct details as this settings page may only appear once (at the moment).

Will send pull requests for both of these as it would be simpler. Smile
Maraschino - Web based HTPC Organiser. Keep track of all your web based programs all in one place.
Home Page - Repo - Bug Tracker - Support Forum.
DejaVu Wrote:Found out why the icons look extremely low res when using Chrome's 'Create Application Shortcuts' feature.
The fav.ico always defaults to the lowest res (16x16).

In base.html, to make this work better, a small edit is needed in the fav.ico's line -
The tag needs to specify which version of the icon it should use - (16x16, 32x32, 64x64 or 128x128).

I would recommend changing it to 64x64 by changing line 10 in templates/base.html

From -
Code:
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="/static/images/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">
To -
Code:
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="/static/images/favicon.ico" sizes="64x64" type="image/x-icon">

Nothing major if you dont use Maraschino as a Google Extension, but I do and thought it was worth mentioning.

Something else I've added is the ability to read the Modules description in the settings view.
This makes it a good idea for the Search module IMO as it could warn the user to make sure they enter the correct details as this settings page may only appear once (at the moment).

Will send pull requests for both of these as it would be simpler. Smile

Great find! Low res icons were bugging me..

This fixed the low res icon for my Maraschino Chrome taskbar icon.

Also works for sickbeard and sabnzbd:

sickbeard: edit the same line in the inc_top.tmpl file in data/interfaces/default folder

sabnzbd: edit the same line in the main.tmpl file in the templates folder for your chosen skin (skins are found in the interfaces folder)

Reboot the program and next time you launch from the taskbar you will be greeted by the high res icons ;-)

I think technically this is Chrome's fault for not pulling the high res icon? Hopefully they will fix it sooner rather than later.
sneak peak at what i am currently working on. its still very much a work in progress and could change a bit.

http://youtu.be/n1JrfZHwWS0
@oneadvent.
I spied a post you put up, then removed it because it was on the wrong place.

In answer to your question, there is a version available, but it's no longer working correctly. I've been trying to iron out some problems with it for a while now. A few things have been changed since it was first created, variable names for example, but it's there waiting for authorisation into the master, just needs some tweaking here and there first.

Trust me when I say it's far better than the one you've used before. Wink
https://github.com/mrkipling/maraschino/pull/63

@N3MIS15.
Bravo!!
Maraschino - Web based HTPC Organiser. Keep track of all your web based programs all in one place.
Home Page - Repo - Bug Tracker - Support Forum.
DejaVu Wrote:@oneadvent.
I spied a post you put up, then removed it because it was on the wrong place.

In answer to your question, there is a version available, but it's no longer working correctly. I've been trying to iron out some problems with it for a while now. A few things have been changed since it was first created, variable names for example, but it's there waiting for authorisation into the master, just needs some tweaking here and there first.

Trust me when I say it's far better than the one you've used before. Wink
https://github.com/mrkipling/maraschino/pull/63

@N3MIS15.
Bravo!!

hehe yea I wasn't paying much attention where I was posting. In order to use this I would have to do a pull from your repo right? I got maraschino working on port 80 on another computer so I think I can do it again, but I dont want to take down mediafrontpage till this is implemented.
Anyone have this working, running from a Synology NAS?
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
n3mis15 Wrote:sneak peak at what i am currently working on. Its still very much a work in progress and could change a bit.

http://youtu.be/n1jrfzhwws0

wow!!!!
Sorry for newbie question but looking at some of the great new modules and want to upgrade, I guess I have to stop the service (using Debian Linux) and use git clone to upgrade. What do I need to back up before I do this ?

Thanks

Payneardo
shouldnt need to back up anything. settings and db are not touched by git
Thumbs Up 
N3MIS15 Wrote:shouldnt need to back up anything. settings and db are not touched by git

Ok cheers thanks for the help, I think I'm obsessed with backups Big Grin
  • 92(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC4