• 109(current)
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC
Oh the little things....

The problme I had was the last line on the autostart.sh... it needs an & so it should read:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
(sleep 20; \
python /storage/.xbmc/addons/service.web.maraschino/maraschino-cherrypy.py
)&

N3MIS15 Thank YOU!!

I added a PayPal donate button to the website in case anyone feels like slipping me a beer as a token of appreciation.

Obviously no need, of course - I'm just thrilled that so many people find Maraschino useful. The option is there though should you feel strongly that you want to buy me a Rauchbier (and I promise to spend it on beer, that's how I do my best coding).
Maraschino - a web frontend for your XBMC HTPC
Project homepage | XBMC forum thread
We also now have a Maraschino forum:
http://forums.maraschinoproject.com/

I've literally just set it up so it's kinda empty, but I think that once it gets going it will make it easier to separate bug reports, feature requests, general discussion, etc.

So, if you are experiencing a bug (or have a feature request) perhaps it might get more attention if you create your own thread for it in the forum.

If you're interested, check it out! And please bear with us while we set it up. Smile
You have your first member :p
(2012-05-07, 13:25)N3MIS15 Wrote: You have your first member :p

And first moderator Tongue
Donation sent...
Thumbs Up 
(2012-05-07, 15:26)hernandito Wrote: Donation sent...

Thanks so much for the first-ever Maraschino donation! Totally not expected but very grateful. I'm already eyeing up a delicious German smoked beer with the money as we speak.
Anybody like this?

I really need an RSS Feed to truly make my Maraschino a portal style home page. With my limited skill set of html, I was able to create a frameset type page where I implemented a tabbed RSS Feed and a double row bookmark bar at the top. All links open in the large frame where Maraschino interface is. Hitting the cherry icon, brings Maraschino back.

(2012-05-07, 15:53)hernandito Wrote: Anybody like this?

I really need an RSS Feed to truly make my Maraschino a portal style home page. With my limited skill set of html, I was able to create a frameset type page where I implemented a tabbed RSS Feed and a double row bookmark bar at the top. All links open in the large frame where Maraschino interface is. Hitting the cherry icon, brings Maraschino back.

I believe that DejaVu was working on an RSS feed module, but it needs review.

Unfortunately I'm working on social stuff today, and then auto-updater is next priority. This is definitely in the pipeline though (and partially complete!)
(2012-05-07, 15:53)hernandito Wrote: Anybody like this?

+1 on this.

That is an awesome layout. Any chance you could post your changes?

I'd really like to setup Maraschino just like this, so that it has a top frame with app links and then have the apps (sick beard, couch potato, etc.) open in the bottom frame. It'll make switching apps much easier.
(2012-05-07, 20:28)mach170 Wrote: +1 on this.

That is an awesome layout. Any chance you could post your changes?

I'd really like to setup Maraschino just like this, so that it has a top frame with app links and then have the apps (sick beard, couch potato, etc.) open in the bottom frame. It'll make switching apps much easier.

It is not really modifying anything in Maraschino... It is basically a set of web pages that reference each other and in one frame, the Maraschino URL you normally open is the one you refer to.

I am attaching the whole thing. Simply create a folder on your regular hard drive, and extract rar file. The double click the inde.html file t launch in your browser. You will need to edit the html files to properly point to your Maraschino and to make the shortcuts what you want them to be.

http://www.mediafire.com/?s9la9gvb68caskg

You need to edit the following for your needs:

index2.html - edit to provide your current Maraschino URL.
menubar2.html - towards end of file, edit to customize your bookmarks
tabs4.html - Tricky- you will need to use the web site below to create your own RSS feeds. Paste the script replacing mine towards the end of the file.

http://jade.mcli.dist.maricopa.edu/feed/...hp?s=build

Enter the following:
- URL for the RSS feed you want.
- Show Channel = no
- Number of items = I use 25, depending on your screen size
- Show/Hide descriptions=0
- Use HTML= 0
- Show date = no
- Time Zone = feed
- Target Links in new window = main - VERY IMPORTANT
- Podcast Enclosures = no

Then click on Generate Javascript and paste the code into the feeds4.html file

There is no need to mess around with the styling. I spent a lot of time tweaking this.

Enjoy.
@hernandito
Thanks, it looks great.

Edit:
Only problem found is that themoviedb won't open in frame, selecting it a second time opens in new tab.
Indeed I have been working on an RSS Feed, but it's fallen by the wayside lately. It has been submitted, but is now bound to be a broken request after all the latest changes.

I'll get a chance to look at my repo over the next few days and try and sort things out.

The RSS Feed did have Add2Sab in it (thanks to N3MIS15 for that - and probably most of the hard stuff with it!)
I'll see what happens this weekend and hopefully get something functional again.

Great to see the forums up and running MrK. Think most stuff should now be pointed to over there now. This thread is getting quite messy. Smile

Perhaps an OpenElec section might be worthwhile. Hopefully, the dev's of the add-on can help openelec users with it.

Also, any thought to the recent request for 'not leaving Maraschino' when selecting an 'Application' feature?
It did exist a while back and remnants of it still remain in places.
Maraschino - Web based HTPC Organiser. Keep track of all your web based programs all in one place.
Home Page - Repo - Bug Tracker - Support Forum.
Excellent idea, I'll create an OpenElec forum.

No more thoughts about not leaving Maraschino when clicking an application, but I guess it could be made into an optional feature - IF enough people want it, and IF it was done very well Smile
I am setting up a new computer and of course also want to get Maraschino running on it. I love to access Maraschino from outside my home network and so far have been running Maraschino on Apache and then accessing SB, CP et al via reverse-proxies.

I am now curious whether this set-up is ideal or whether a cherrypy installation will get me the same results. Has anyone done a cherrypy installation that allows to access Maraschino, CP, SB without opening more than port 80? More explicit questions:

1) Can I assign port-80 to Maraschino and then access Maraschino directly from the "outside" over the web port?

2) Will Maraschino then handle the connection to SB and CP and all this could be routed through port 80 without setting up reverse proxies?

Thanks again for all the development and fantastic work!!!

P.S. Any progress on an auto-update function to get the latest maraschino through the UI?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
  • 109(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC4