dinovo mini behaving inconsistently in Ubuntu 11.10
I'm having a couple different issues with my dinovo mini. I had it working on a XBMC-Live install just fine, but now that I've moved it to a machine that has a regular Ubuntu 11.10 plus XBMC it's not always working right. Often times to get it to reconnect I have to run hidd --search and press the connect button. And it seems to behave sporadically with respect to the various special keys and even at times the keyboard itself. Sometimes I can use the play button, other times I can't.

Anybody know of some good steps to take to get this configured right and set up so it doesn't drop connection?
Well I figured out that XBMC-Live uses hal which is not included with Ubuntu anymore. I used apt to install hal then I removed bluez and manually moved anything involving bluetooth from the /etc directory. After that I rebooted and hal properly detected the keyboard. The special keys aren't working, I may look into that further.
I am also facing issues with the media keys of the Dinovo Mini Keyboard with OpenSUSE11.3, see my message here :
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ion+needed
Well it got to the point last night where it would barely do anything for me, so I hit the connect button and it synced up real quick and then all the keys magically worked. It'll be interesting to see what happens tonight.
Check this thread : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ion+needed

i just solve my media keys issue with the Dinovo Mini
It's still behaving poorly. Now it's either all working or not at all and won't connect. Tonight I used it for a quite a while, an hour or two I'd guess, then while navigating a menu it just quit responding.

I'm guessing it's some sort of bluetooth configuration issue, but it doesn't seem like there is anything here about how it's supposed to be setup.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
dinovo mini behaving inconsistently in Ubuntu 11.100