Suggesting changes to pm iii
first let me say that i think choke has done an amazing job with pmiii and continuously sets the standard for the rest of us skinners.

vnm: i actually like the different textures used on the homepage screen. i don't think its too busy, it gives xbmc a real polished and unique feel to it - something that is extremely hard to achieve. having said that there are a few ideas i would love to see 'borrowed' from other skins:

1. object orientated views - dvd covers for video, photo frames for pictures, cd covers for music etc. as an example the orbs by kotix does this really well.

2. a scroller on the homepage - i've seen wabid's solution, but i feel that it doesn't quite work. the list intrudes too much on the overall design and makes everything feel a little too crowded. maybe reducing the no. of buttons might work?

3. button spacing - remove the vertical spaces between buttons in each view (i know this can be done by modding the xml but its a painful process for those of us who wish to keep up with cvs changes).

4. change the homepage logo - this one is just personal preference, i didn't like the look of the circular logo so i modded chokes original design to include a black/grey version of the official xbmc logo.

whatever chokes decides to do with this skin i'm sure will look great - it always does! :kickass:

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by vnm - 2005-04-13, 11:33
[No subject] - by Ph03n1x - 2005-04-13, 14:35
[No subject] - by vnm - 2005-04-13, 14:57
[No subject] - by Chokemaniac - 2005-04-13, 18:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Suggesting changes to pm iii0