XBMC Freezing immediately after clicking icon
Question 
Hello I am a NOOB and i apologize in advance for my lack of computer knowledge.

When i click on the xbmc icon, my computer and xbmc freeze. I was wondering if there is a fix to this problem. If someone could walk me threw how to figure out what the problem is, that would be greatly appreciated.

This is currently what i am running. Someone told me it may be because i have an integrated nvidia graphics card. I am also using dharma 10.1

Asus A53s Laptop
Intel I7
Nvidia Geforce gt540m
Windows 7
We did have discussion about this a couple of days ago, but unfortunately we don't have any solutions yet.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=113037

As a workaround you could try this:

- Reboot your computer

This works for me. If I wait 5-10 minutes before starting XBMC it freezes my laptop too.
Kodi @ Windows Server 2012 R2 | Pulse-Eight USB-CEC Adapter
Star 
zsienkiewicz149 Wrote:Hello I am a NOOB and i apologize in advance for my lack of computer knowledge.

When i click on the xbmc icon, my computer and xbmc freeze. I was wondering if there is a fix to this problem. If someone could walk me threw how to figure out what the problem is, that would be greatly appreciated.

This is currently what i am running. Someone told me it may be because i have an integrated nvidia graphics card. I am also using dharma 10.1

Asus A53s Laptop
Intel I7
Nvidia Geforce gt540m
Windows 7

Post event viewer log after xbmc crash:

Right-click computer icon
click manage
navigate and click on event viewer
look out for conflicts with a red or yellow tag in the application error/log summary

this may help identify why xbmc is crashing?Rolleyes

my suggestion is to delete the profile in appdata (please back-up before you do this)
xbmc should reset to default settings
launch xbmc and see if that resolves it, also the GPU you have should run xbmc smoothly< possibly try a recent nightly flavor, this may also fix some compatibilty problems inherent in dharma as some of the .py and .xml has been cleaned-up and streamlined.

HTH

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Freezing immediately after clicking icon0