Wrong Fanart Showing
Using a nightly build and the neon svn skin.

In my music library I have fanart from a TV show showing under various compilations. All my music is (painstakingly) tagged correctly for xbmc and i can't find where the fanart is kept.

I have looked through the thumbnails folder but can't see it there but to be honest i haven't looked properly as there are thousands!

is there anyway to remove this so that the generic music fanart shows?

thanks
I'd like to bump this up because I have this same problem with many of the latest nightlies on both Mac and PC. I wish I had recorded exactly which nightly started this (sometime in May), about 80% of the fanart being displayed is from the same movie. Basically 80% of my movies are displaying the wrong (but same) fan art. I've tried erasing the library and starting fresh, I've made sure there are no weird files in the scrapped directories, but it still persists. Not a debilitating issue, but would be nice to find a fix.

Any suggestions?

Phil
Honestly not sure, but I'll move this to the general help forum to give it more exposure.

For music, one idea that comes to mind is to delete everything in userdata (wiki)/Thumbnails/Music/ , but I get the feeling that might just make blank art show up instead of pulling the correct art.

As for Movies, I'm even more certain it wouldn't work that way.
(2012-06-27, 02:09)philipgood Wrote: I'd like to bump this up because I have this same problem with many of the latest nightlies on both Mac and PC. I wish I had recorded exactly which nightly started this (sometime in May), about 80% of the fanart being displayed is from the same movie. Basically 80% of my movies are displaying the wrong (but same) fan art. I've tried erasing the library and starting fresh, I've made sure there are no weird files in the scrapped directories, but it still persists. Not a debilitating issue, but would be nice to find a fix.

Any suggestions?

Phil
Phil,

1st question is "are all of your movies in separate directories?". I know this is an issue if you are using any skin that uses extrafanarts/artworkdownloader, as the artworkdownloader script will place various files in the root directory along with any movie files that may also be there. If this is the case you will see the artwork for the last movie in the root directory for any other movies that is also in this directory. Solution in this case is to make sure that every movie has it's own sub-directory.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
Ouch, that would take a long, long time. (I have over 550 movies). What I can tell you about my set up is this. It is across 4 hard drives. all movies Labeled "Movie.mkv (1996)" are in giant directories called "Movie", and TV shows are in sperate directories depending on the series. Maybe it's a mater of making sure there aren't any "fanart files" kicking around in one of those giant directories. Come to think of it, I had downloaded a fanart downloader plug-in but then got rid of it.
Wyrm, I went through my directories and sure enough I found 2x Jpegs, and anyone want to guess what they were? Perhaps the two posters that kept coming up as fan art? Yup....

I've deleted them, and that should solve the problem!

Thanks!
I'm having a similar problem with my movies, however I have already deleted all image files and that did not resolve the issue.
(2012-06-27, 03:24)philipgood Wrote: Ouch, that would take a long, long time. (I have over 550 movies). What I can tell you about my set up is this. It is across 4 hard drives. all movies Labeled "Movie.mkv (1996)" are in giant directories called "Movie", and TV shows are in sperate directories depending on the series. Maybe it's a mater of making sure there aren't any "fanart files" kicking around in one of those giant directories. Come to think of it, I had downloaded a fanart downloader plug-in but then got rid of it.
Wyrm, I went through my directories and sure enough I found 2x Jpegs, and anyone want to guess what they were? Perhaps the two posters that kept coming up as fan art? Yup....

I've deleted them, and that should solve the problem!

Thanks!
Phil,

While deleting the files will probably fix the problem for now(after the cached entries in database clear), as soon as you update the artwork problem will return. Yes it's a big job (unless you can find a program to automate the process), really it is the only long term solution.

Basically the reason it's a problem is because XBMC Does NOT officially support all of these image files (logos, cleararts, extrafanarts etc) and so any skin that supports these files is using a hack to make it happen.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wrong Fanart Showing0