How to tweak ATV2 for XBMC only
what gave me big speedup in the UI was downscaling the fanart height to 560px (also for thumbnails). From the couch you do not see the difference and the switching between movies is now much smoother.
How would I go about downscaling the fanart?
<fanarthight>560</fanarthight>
Hack_kid Wrote:<fanarthight>560</fanarthight>

Typo nag Wink
<fanartheight>560</fanartheight>
<thumbsize>256</thumbsize>

Well and then you have to do a full rescan of your library to get all fanarts resized (I don't know how to do that) You can also copy all your fanart to your desktop, manually resize them and copy them back. This is needed only once, new fanart will be resized automatically
The fanart stuff can simply be inserted into the advancedxml?
At any specific point?

But i wanted to report back:
XBMC nightly 20111102 and NFS but i still have buffering issues Sad
filerjunkie Wrote:The fanart stuff can simply be inserted into the advancedxml?
At any specific point?

But i wanted to report back:
XBMC nightly 20111102 and NFS but i still have buffering issues Sad

There's an FAQ entry on it... it's worth trying all the suggestions:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM..._buffering
Quote:<fanartheight>560</fanartheight>
<thumbsize>256</thumbsize>

So does this just go on the advancedsettings.xml or does it go some place else? Sorry, I couldn't find anything in the Wiki. And thanks to everyone in this community. You are all a great bunch of people with a wealth of knowledge!
did the advancedsettings.xml dirty regions tweak and it has speed up the UI (Thanks!). Problem is I lost the weather on the main screen. It just doesn't update anymore...
depro Wrote:did the advancedsettings.xml dirty regions tweak and it has speed up the UI (Thanks!). Problem is I lost the weather on the main screen. It just doesn't update anymore...

That's an XBMC wide issue. weather.com is blocking us because they want money now for using their data.
Ned Scott Wrote:That's an XBMC wide issue. weather.com is blocking us because they want money now for using their data.

Didn't know that. Thanks
One tiny bug ive noticed is that when you set your thumbsize in advancedsettings.xml and it caches the images from imdb in that reso. if you choose to change the thumb art for a title it will default back to 512 instead of whatever you specified in advancedsettings it does not do this for farart tho! Just a headsup to the devs..
Ned Scott Wrote:That's an XBMC wide issue. weather.com is blocking us because they want money now for using their data.

Could i suggest using yr.no? It's the norwegian national broadcast(nrk) free weather service and they encourage use as long as it's open source Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to tweak ATV2 for XBMC only0