• 12(current)
3D Full SBS (3840x1080)... Success!
(2015-11-06, 18:42)da-anda Wrote: grab a PI2, install a Milhouse build and enjoy 3D MVC playback

Is there such a build for Ubuntu?

And if it is possible why doesn't it get ported to other Kodi versions - licensing issues?
Raspberry pi has opened up the firmware to allow access to the mvc decoding abilities of the rpi soc. that's why it is possible on kodi on pi, but not on any other platform.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
ahhh ok!..thats sad for that part as MVC would be much easier to make compared to SBS...

But:

Holy F****!! That looks really awesome in FSBS!!! It is working flawlessly CPU an GPU usage is 50%...so no biggy on an AMD A10 6700
Raspberry pi 2 makes a very good media player.Iif 3d is your thing, it really is the way to go.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-11-06, 20:45)nickr Wrote: Raspberry pi has opened up the firmware to allow access to the mvc decoding abilities of the rpi soc. that's why it is possible on kodi on pi, but not on any other platform.
Why couldn't this work on Linux using Nvidia cards?

It looks like even my older GT 430 supports hardware acceleration for MVC decoding.
The other factor in the mix is the very close relationship between rpi foundation and kodi, along with the dedication of a handful of rpi/kodi developers. For a general kodi solution support is needed in ffmpeg, rpi is pretty well a special case.
Would my i3 Intel NUC be up for the task? Also, are the instructions on page 1 still up to date? Wanting to try this myself.
(2015-11-07, 05:14)HomeTheatreGuru Wrote: Would my i3 Intel NUC be up for the task? Also, are the instructions on page 1 still up to date? Wanting to try this myself.

Brazen1 provided a very good description here for ripping FSBS using DVDFab. This is how I did mine. If you're wanting to use mvc on Openelec, you can just use MakeMKV.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2015-11-07, 06:13)wgstarks Wrote:
(2015-11-07, 05:14)HomeTheatreGuru Wrote: Would my i3 Intel NUC be up for the task? Also, are the instructions on page 1 still up to date? Wanting to try this myself.

Brazen1 provided a very good description here for ripping FSBS using DVDFab. This is how I did mine. If you're wanting to use mvc on Openelec, you can just use MakeMKV.

Cheers, mate.

I'd love to use MVC on my Openelec build but it is not supported. Hence my question about FSBS. Do you think an i3 processor would be powerful enough?
(2015-11-07, 06:15)HomeTheatreGuru Wrote: Cheers, mate.

I'd love to use MVC on my Openelec build but it is not supported.
Sorry. I was thinking Raspberry but typed Openelec.

Quote:Hence my question about FSBS. Do you think an i3 processor would be powerful enough?
I think the only way to know for sure would be to test it. My i5 Sandy Bridge processor had problems with high bitrate portions on FSBS videos. CPU loads were very high. Also temps. Honestly, I couldn't see a great deal of difference between the FSBS video and the HSBS video. That's something you'ld have to decide for yourself.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Its the same as with 720p vs 1080p - on most displays up to 65" you rarely see a difference if the 720p encode has a high quality.
On my UHD display I did see some subtle differences but is neglect able especially if u don't pay attention to it. However since I don't know what the future holds I will do my vids FSBS
With Kodi 16.0 Jarvis I suddenly had to edit the MKV header and set width to 1902 instead of 3840 to get the TC to display it correcty after 3D was enabled - it was horizontally squashed.
which width, there are two settings related to dimensions? The display/playback width has to be 1920, regardless of frame size.
I did set the display width to 1920. The pixel width still is 3840.
Question 
Is this the correct thread?
I hope so.
I'm quite new to Kodi/OpenElec.
I have RaspPi 2 Model B, latest OpenElec.

I can play without problems 1920x1080 SBS 3D MKV (Half SBS)

But in Ful SBS HD 3D Mode (3840x1080) i have wierd flickering.
Not possible to recognize nothing.

Some Ideas?
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3D Full SBS (3840x1080)... Success!0