• 1(current)
3D Full SBS (3840x1080)... Success!
For anyone interested in XBMC and 3D (MKV's), i've come across something very interesting.

I've got 2 3D blu-ray's (respect... huge 3D collection!! Laugh). One of those is Avatar. I've run it through DVDFab and outputted as a Full SBS MKV (3840x1080). Upon playback in xbmc (Windows nightly build... 30/10/2011... using DXVA2) i came across the usual problems of dropped frames, slight skipping, etc. So i was planning on using MPC-HC as an external player for this video type.

There where certain playback characteristics of the file that DVDFab had created that i didn't like (funky searching/chapter skipping behaviour for one), so playing around i ran the file again through Ripbot (using a custom avisynth profile... my usual means of backing up / converting my media by the way). The result was a file with much improved playback quality/performance.

Sod it i thought, lets see how it plays in XBMC. To my amazement, it plays flawlessly...

click on for 1920x1080 image...

I know you can't see playback performance, but you see the stats and resolution.

I'll try and upload a small sample for others to test.

Thoughts anyone...?

My thinking is that most people have probably tested DVDFab created full sbs files, due to DVDFab being one few programs out there to create 3d backups, plus it being the most commercial. Maybe just a poor encode profile from DVDFab?

Anyway, i'm gonna test my other 3D blu-ray (Tron: Legacy) to confirm.

Cheers Wink
nice work liquid let us know how tron goes
Good work liquidskin76. Have you reported this issue to DVDFab?
Ignore this one, i can't replicate it. I've created Avatar again the same fashion, plus Tron, however both show same old problems. Wierd that the first test worked ok! Huh (unless my eyes were deceiving me!)

Oh, well... so it's full SBS in MPC-HC or half SBS in XBMC!
liquidskin76 Wrote:Oh, well... so it's full SBS in MPC-HC or half SBS in XBMC!

...or full SBS in XBMC/DSPlayer.
I had slow performance on internal player (pre eden), and the subtitle can not be divide into 2 side. do you know how to config subtitle sbs ?

tetsu81vn Wrote:Image

Are those blu-ray cases/posters a feature of the skin that you are using or have you manually downloaded them?
Which skin are you using?
What skin is that that shows 3D cases? i have been looking for a way to differentiate those in my collection.
it looks like aeon nox, it certainly includes that view though not personally sure what naming convention for 3D cases to display, I'd imagine "moviename.3d.mkv"
I would also like to know how to get the 3d covers to show up. Hell I can't even figure out how to get the bluray covers to show in Aeon Nox.

Any help would be great as these pictures look pretty nice.

Thanks
I think you have to enable the DVD case view from the skin settings menu
revising my answer from before I now believe it aeon mq3. To get 3d covers add .3dbd as the source tag on the filename and select showcase as view and enable option to show covers, aeon nox only appears to support bluray and dvd as source.
Thank you for your help. Now my library is starting to come together. Is there any way to get my bluray folder structures to show up as blurays? Right now they come up as vc-1. I try putting .bluray after the title in the folder to no avail.

Thanks for any additional info.
edit the scrapers content type to use foldernames for lookups
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3D Full SBS (3840x1080)... Success!0