music section
I've started sorting out my music and ive got a few questions I'd like answerng.

Whats the point of scrapping albums when you cant search by mood, styles, themes etc?

Not sure if I've done my file structure correctly but same i have a multidisc album so its:

music\Artist\AlbumName\DiscX\Tracks

When i export the library as seperate files it stores the .nfo & tbh in disc folder and not the album root folder But if an album has 3 discs it only does it for the first 2 Huh
why is the keyboards controls different to the video section? i.e to go back to the track listing once the visuals are playing i have to press escape instead of back!
djashjones Wrote:why is the keyboards controls different to the video section? i.e to go back to the track listing once the visuals are playing i have to press escape instead of back!

Presumably because no-one though it mattered. If you want this behaviour create a userdata keyboard.xml containing:

Code:
<keymap>
  <visualisation>
    <keyboard>
      <backspace>fullscreen</backspace>
    </keyboard>
  </visualisation>
</keymap>

You could create a ticket asking for this to be added to v11.0.

JR
djashjones Wrote:Not sure if I've done my file structure correctly but same i have a multidisc album so its:

music\Artist\AlbumName\DiscX\Tracks

You should use \Artist\AlbumName\Tracks for multidisc albumbs too in order to have exporting work correctly.

What I personally do is, that I rename the filenames and include the disc number at the begining. You should also use the Disc # tag in tagging to show up in XBMC correctly.
olympia Wrote:You should use \Artist\AlbumName\Tracks for multidisc albumbs too in order to have exporting work correctly.

What I personally do is, that I rename the filenames and include the disc number at the begining. You should also use the Disc # tag in tagging to show up in XBMC correctly.

What about Mix/music collections (eg you might have Classic Rock best off) - how this shall be saved in folder ?

Eg ?
Collections / Classic Rock ever

Will be then particular songs correctly scrapped ?
Scraping depends on tags only, not on your folder structure.

So your example folder structure will do it.
Personally I have these in a 'Various Artists' folder.

...and nothing gets scraped about songs, only about artists and albums.
olympia Wrote:...and nothing gets scraped about songs, only about artists and albums.

Any option to have songs scraped (I'd like to see album cover, genre etc...) ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
music section0