Pm3 comment
i haven't had access to xbmc in a while (been moving) but i finally upgraded to the most recent cvs last night. holy crap, pm3 is beautiful!! excellent job. big ups to choke, jmarshall, and whoever else contributed to the look and functionality. it's super slick and professional-looking. i love the new home screen with the vis or video playing underneath.

just wanted to get my 2 cents in. great job everybody.
i've said it before but i'll say it again. i too love it.
  • ASRock ION 330 OpenELEC XBMC Frodo.
  • 47" LG HDTV1080p, AC3/DTS Receiver.
  • 96" Epson LCD 1080p projector
  • 2x Raspbery Pi with XBMC
:d

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

just updated to the latest pm3 with sounds available, don't like the start-up sound, so i removed it, but the moving sound is great, it makes xbmc look cooler than b4. i like it.

props goes to  lightfast for the idea, and xbmc team for carrying it out.

pm3 on the whole is wonderful, it's the most beautiful of all pms, thanks chokemaniac and jmarshall for their effort, but one thing, it's the picture for my picture, i don't like that picture somehow, that girl looks like a ghost to me,

i wanted to change it for a better one, but seems all the pictures for xbmc main screen is compiled into textures.xpr, so i couldn't change it. any other ways to change the picture for my picture?

besides, i browsed chokemaniac's website and found a very beautiftul skin, i must say this is my dream skin:

unfortunately, i could not find this skin anywhere, when was/will this skin be released?
you know, at first i thought that the pm3 skin was wayyyy too "dark" but after all of the extra features have gotten added, i can't imagine it being any other way. :kickass:
(xboxsfan @ april 18 2005,17:15 Wrote:pm3 on the whole is wonderful, it's the most beautiful of all pms, thanks chokemaniac and jmarshall for their effort, but one thing, it's the picture for my picture, i don't like that picture somehow, that girl looks like a ghost to me,

i wanted to change it for a better one, but seems all the pictures for xbmc main screen is compiled into textures.xpr, so i couldn't change it. any other ways to change the picture for my picture?

i also wanted to change that and with the help on teknojuice on #xbmc i did. upload your new image to skin/project mayhem iii/media and change home.xml to use that new image name instead of 4x3home-mypictures.png.
--jaga
did anynoe found pm3 has issue with some language? to me, i use chinese with unicode version of aria.ttf font. it used to work fine with old pm. with pm3, most string shows well, but some strings show as blocks (and main menu, datetime and so on).
please post details of your exact font settings (including charset etc.) from settings->appearance, as well as info on what font you are using (ie where i can obtain the same one)

i'll endeavour to fix it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(jmarshall @ april 18 2005,18:27 Wrote:please post details of your exact font settings (including charset etc.) from settings->appearance, as well as info on what font you are using (ie where i can obtain the same one)

i'll endeavour to fix it.
language is: chinese simplified.
charset: gbk
font: arial.ttf unicode version (download from this forum, i will update url once i got it.) under media/fonts folder. (23m)

thanks
i love it. i changed the big "weather" button to webradio, and moved the weather one lower down.
nice skin.

(axious @ april 19 2005,05:05 Wrote:i love it. i changed the big "weather" button to webradio, and moved the weather one lower down.
nice skin.

how did you get the weather to show up at the bottom left?
add this to your "home.xml" within the skin

<control>
<description>weather conditions</description>
<type>infoimage</type>
<id>1</id>
<posx>75</posx>
<posy>498</posy>
<width>45</width>
<height>49</height>
<info>weather.conditions</info>
<colordiffuse>98fffffff</colordiffuse>
</control>

<control>
<description>weather temperature</description>
<type>infolabel</type>
<id>1</id>
<posx>125</posx>
<posy>498</posy>
<info>weather.temperature</info>
<font>font12</font>
<align>left</align>
</control>

<control>
<description>weather location</description>
<type>infolabel</type>
<id>1</id>
<posx>125</posx>
<posy>513</posy>
<info>weather.location</info>
<font>font12</font>
<align>left</align>
</control>
sweet ... thanx! :thumbsup:
6.  controls of <type> infolabel, infofadelabel, and infoimage will no longer work post 1.3.  just add the <info> tag to label, fadelabel and image controls instead (or alternatively, change their <type> tags back to label, fadelabel and image.

post 1.3 changes
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
(axious @ april 19 2005,09:05 Wrote:i changed the big "weather" button to webradio

how did you change the "weather" button to webradio button?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pm3 comment0