Setting up XBMC and Mysql for painless upgrades
Follow this and everything will work just fine: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW..._libraries
Well, it doesn't for me. I've got an MySQL library and have tried nightlies at various points across the last few weeks to get it to update the DB to Eden. I have permissions granted etc. but I still get a massive litany of errors.

I will try the beta1 when it comes and then make a thread then!
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Your debug log says that your flux capacitor isn't working correctly.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
When I updated my XBMC the suggested method (GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%'; ) didn't help. I followed through this thread and the wiki and ultimately the only thing that worked was to delete my databases and start again. Thankfully it's working perfectly now. Not recommending this as a solution obviously, just documenting my personal experience.
Image Don't even think about my mother!
Exporting and then reimporting libraries also works for updates.
I've followed the guides to the letter but still had no joy. However, I think my problem is to do my installation of MySQL not liking pre-Eden.

I have re-installed Dharma on my desktop and that hooks up to the MySQL server really well, but with a pre-Eden nightly it just refused, despite having the same advancedsettings.xml config file (I tried it both with the thumbs path included and not). So Dharma can connect to it but neither the Apple TV (pre-Eden I believe - I have a recent (Dec) release installed on it) nor any PC I try pre-Eden on.

Any suggestions why I might be unable to get it working? When installing MySQL on WHS 2011 I cannot use the standard installation as the service always fails so I installed with the advances settings, but OK'd most settings (only adding to allow remote access), and as Dharma connects I assume it is fine.

:confused2:
I think it is the nightlies that's causing the problem for me. I've just installed and setup up MySQL on my QNap router and that's exactly the same; Dharma on my laptop connects straight away but the nightly on my desktop isn't interested.

Bugger.
Finchy Wrote:I've followed the guides to the letter but still had no joy. However, I think my problem is to do my installation of MySQL not liking pre-Eden.

I have re-installed Dharma on my desktop and that hooks up to the MySQL server really well, but with a pre-Eden nightly it just refused, despite having the same advancedsettings.xml config file (I tried it both with the thumbs path included and not). So Dharma can connect to it but neither the Apple TV (pre-Eden I believe - I have a recent (Dec) release installed on it) nor any PC I try pre-Eden on.

Any suggestions why I might be unable to get it working? When installing MySQL on WHS 2011 I cannot use the standard installation as the service always fails so I installed with the advances settings, but OK'd most settings (only adding to allow remote access), and as Dharma connects I assume it is fine.

:confused2:

Is your problem happening during installation of MySQL? At the screen where have to hit execute? If it's failing out at the "Starting Service" bit, look here:

http://www.andy.name.my/2009/03/cannot-c...sqlerror0/

I had the same issue last night on WHS.
Ah, brilliant, thanks for that, that has let me install MySQL as a standard installation and start the service!

Just tried with the nightly on my desktop and it's connecting fairly quickly and, for the first time ever, I can see thumbnails being built up on the WHS! So that must have been the problem, it didn't like the slightly altered MySQL configuration!
Ned Scott Wrote:Follow this and everything will work just fine: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW..._libraries

Here's my thread on how it's not fine at all for me!

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116849
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Setting up XBMC and Mysql for painless upgrades0