Retrieving the source code from cvs
Sad 
i do not know if this is the appropiate forum for this and if it is not so, my apologies....

i have been using cvs checout for a while but lately i have found out that my builds are sometimes flacky and that flackiness can only be corrected when i download the whole repository all over again. for example. the 2005-04-12 build included sounds inside the project mayhem iii skin. as soon as i finished compiling it, proceed to delete the xbmc folder before transfer and also the settings folder and when i loaded up xbmc there was not sound nor an option to enable / disable them in settings -> appearance.

i then proceed to delete the whole repository in my computer, downloaded everything agian, compiled and transfer to the xbox, again deleting the previous version and it settings and it was working again (and the sound options where available).

i have read that when you run "checkout", the first time it downloads everything that the second time it behaves like an "update", is this correct?

also what version of cvs (and the command to download form sourceforge) are you using and have any of you experienced problems. at least i have a workaround, but it seems very inneficient. i have downlaoded the latest version of the cvs software (cvs-1-11-19) to see if that solves the problem.

thanks in advance for your help in this matter.
use cvs update.

one assumes that you are running windows.

if so, get and install tortoisecvs - it makes it trivial. just right click the xbmc dir, and do a "cvs update".
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(jmarshall @ april 15 2005,10:54 Wrote:use cvs update.

one assumes that you are running windows.

if so, get and install tortoisecvs - it makes it trivial. just right click the xbmc dir, and do a "cvs update".
thanks marshall, then i'll try that, any recommendations on the command for cvs? what is the difference between doing it using command line cvs and turtoisecvs for example, will i not run into those problems using tortoise cvs?
no, not the right forum.

the forum descriptions aren't just decoration, they actually has meaning
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Retrieving the source code from cvs0