AppleTV1 - Added broadcom and still not smooth
Alright, I am new to XBMC on iOS, and have used it on windows for a while. I finally got an ATV1 and added the broadcom chip. I followed some instructions online and got it recognized with the drivers installed and everything turned in within XBMC. Now playback is better but there are still times when the video seems to speed up. I'm guessing it was getting behind in the frames, and had to speed up to catch back up to normal. I've tested the network and I get around 50 Mbps read speed to the appletv from the computer doing the sharing. I've also tried with a wired connection where I got around 80 Mbps and it still did the same thing.

I can stream with Wireless-N (5ghz) or hard-wired to my laptop and it plays just fine. What can I try to get this figured out? Also, my experience with iOS and Unix/Linux is about nothing, so please be specific if you have suggestions.

xbmc.log is located at http://pastebin.com/dBLaV25D

That log contains 2 different movies and both were skipping. CPU usage was around 90-95% which seems high with the broadcom chip. I'm thinking something isn't set up 100% right with that. Please have a look and let me know what to try.
Apple TV 1 (silver) that can take a Broadcom Chip doesn't run iOS, it runs Mac OS X. I've already moved this thread to that forum.
Ned Scott Wrote:Apple TV 1 (silver) that can take a Broadcom Chip doesn't run iOS, it runs Mac OS X. I've already moved this thread to that forum.

Thanks, and this shows my level of understanding of Mac OS, iOS, Unix, Linux Smile
This must be out of the ordinary?
Map one of the buttons to show CodecInfo and watch a movie. During the not so smooth playback check the numbers vq, aq..
nikiiv Wrote:Map one of the buttons to show CodecInfo and watch a movie. During the not so smooth playback check the numbers vq, aq..

or just plug in a USB keyboard and press "o"

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AppleTV1 - Added broadcom and still not smooth0