Movie posters
I like Aeon Nox, it works best with my remote but I cant get it configured. The techno speak has my head hurting. My HDD for movies has 7 folders with individual movies in each folder but I cant get them to display correctly. How do set up a scraper to get and display the movie posters?
Alright,

I've got Media Companion scraping now and tagging my files so hopefully that solves my issues
I dont get it. Is there an Aeon Nox for total idiots guide somewhere? My movie posters have nothing to do with the movies I have on my drive. I even tagged them with Media companion.

How do people learn to work with open source apps, I am utterly lost. Media Center here I come...bummer
Apparently every one of my 450 movies have to have their own folder for posters to work.
Maybe another skin....l
I have a folder for each movie, you can use ember media manager to sort movies into seperate folders.

Also look at this

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=38964 this will help with learning xbmc
Thanks for the reply Dave,

But I didnt get far with Ember Media Manager. One click into installation I got the following message: Installation aborted error: There is an error in XML document (1,2).

I checked this forum and found an Ember thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=90682

The program is completely unsupported. I appreciate the reply but I think I'll look for another Media Manager.
Maybe in one of our next version we are adding poster download. No final date known
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thanks for the reply machine.

Before I go and folder my movies I thought I'd see how Aeon Nox handled my rather extensive music collection which is filed/foldered in a way that is preferred. Each artist has a folder, say Alice In Chains, and inside that folder are the individual "album" folders with the MP3's/tags in each. I have tagged everything but the most exotic through Media Monkey so it should be pretty a straight forward process.

I'm finding though that the master folder has no cover art. The "albums" all have art for the individual album/folder but the master folder doesnt.

I have an artist "Corrosion Of Conformity" with only one "album" inside the main folder. The "album" has the appropriate art displayed because I have the appropriate JPG inside but the main folder is blank. What Do I not have set right?
Well that sounds about the right structure.

I'm not sure what you are asking Wink

I think you want to know what will be displayed?

If you want the rotating cdart you will have to put that inside the album folder. If that album has multiple CD's use two subfolders inside the albumfolder. Something like CD1 CD2

For artist fanart you should create an 'extrafanart' folder inside the artist folder and put all fanart there (any filename is good).

Next what you need to do is in Aeon Nox set 'path to music library' and point that to the master folder where all you artist folders are and it should work.

There is currently no support for 'album fanart'. It will only display images from the 'extrafanart folder'.
To automate the cdart/fanart downloading you can use CDart Manager. Set the paths in the settings the same as in Nox to you master folder where your artist folders are.
If you are not sure just set it in a test folder or something and point Nox to that same folder. This way if it goes wrong it won't screw your music folders.

So far i have had no problems at all using this.

Small note:
Almost all other skins handle the artwork for movies/music the same way. So if it work in one it should work in the other. Given that have the correct settings.
Heres 2 screenshots:

The first is with Library Mode on, the second with Library Mode off. I dont understand the difference. Why the art in the first and not in the second?

Also, I have looked to enter the path to cdArtManager but for the life of me cant find where to enter that
The music scraper can scrape album thumbs from it's source and puts them in the thumbnails folder and link it in the database to the albums/songs.
In file mode this doesn't happen. It will just check if 'folder.jpg' (possible case sensitive) and uses that for it's 'cover'.

CD Art Manager:

can be found using add-on settings or opening the add-on and then chose settings.
Remember it will have to build a database first and that might take quite a while if you have a large collection. It May be smart to use the option build in background so you can continue watching some movie/show
Does anybody use Media Companion to tag movies? I formatted my movies folders to better fit how XBMC prefers them and loaded them. They were scraped and I was pleased with the results.

Because I had a number of the files that had no results I then ran my movie collection through the Media Companion which saves results in the individual movie folders and now they display all kinds of crazy covers. Is there something I'm missing? I guess I have to manually go back and remove all the tags that MC installed?
My naming convention for movies is:

MOVIES\Gandhi\Gandhi (1982)

and for a series of movies, for example:
MOVIES\Indiana Jones\Indiana Jone And The Temple Of Doom\Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom (1984)

Is this correct?
The date in parenthesis on the actual movie title?

Obviously I'm trying to clean stuff up to present properly.
Thanks as always to a great forum!
rocks911 Wrote:My naming convention for movies is:

MOVIES\Gandhi\Gandhi (1982)

and for a series of movies, for example:
MOVIES\Indiana Jones\Indiana Jone And The Temple Of Doom\Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom (1984)

Is this correct?
The date in parenthesis on the actual movie title?

Obviously I'm trying to clean stuff up to present properly.
Thanks as always to a great forum!

The naming convention should be as follows for your example above:
Movies\Gandhi (1982)\filename.extention

The series of movies in your above example works nicely when a movies has multiple parts/discs. In your scenario, you would be better off creating a separate folder for each of the Indian Jones movies IMO.
My HTPC: Win 7 64 | Dharma 10.1 | Case - nMediapc HTPC 6000 | AMD Phenom II X4 840 3.2GHz | ASRock 890GX Pro3 | G.Skill Ripjaws 4GB | Zotac ZT-406004 GT 430 | Patriot Torqx 2 32GB SSD | Thermaltake TR2 Series 500w | 4TB Storage | LG Bluray Burner | MS Arc Keyboard
Software: Sickbeard | CouchPotato | Sabnbzd | MakeMKV

Hours later I have my library cleaned up. Now can someone tell me why I have multiple listings for the same movies?

For example A Bugs Life displays 4 times/covers in movie library and most of the rest of my collection appears multiple times also.

How do I manage this and get the art to 1 per movie?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie posters0