[AppleTV2] Can't find my DROBO nas via ATV2
Smile 
Hi guys/gals,

I'm a brand new XBMC user that has an ATV2. I also have a Drobo NAS system (4 bay with DroboShare). All of my other networked devices connect/browse to the Drobo just fine. For some reason, after I loaded XBMC on my ATV2, it can't find the NAS. I am doing the following:

Navigating to Videos>Files>Add Videos>Browse>Windows Network (SMB)
When I look under that menu, another share shows up, but not my Drobo NAS.

Help please! Apologies in advance if this is a total newb question

Ryan
To add more info to this: My computer in the home is an iMac, and my router is an Airport Extreme.
rwelch Wrote:To add more info to this: My computer in the home is an iMac, and my router is an Airport Extreme.

Is your imac running osx lion?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz Wrote:Is your imac running osx lion?

Won't matter if they have a DroboShare, which is basically a NAS adapter for non-NAS Drobos.
Ned Scott Wrote:Won't matter if they have a DroboShare, which is basically a NAS adapter for non-NAS Drobos.

ahh right ... it just tricked me that he mentioned his imac which doesn't even seem to be influenced at all in his problem ... nvm
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
You might try manually entering the IP address for the Drobo/DroboShare rather than using the SMB browser (scroll to the bottom of the list of network share options and select "add network location")

You can also try seeing if the ZeroConf browser lists it (not sure on the details on this, but sometimes stuff shows up there and not under SMB, but it's still SMB).

You should also be able to use AFP as an alternative to SMB. I'm not sure if you have to configure this or not on the DroboShare, but Drobo's website made it sound like it should be enabled by default.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] Can't find my DROBO nas via ATV20