ATV 2 - Which Add-Ons are Compatible to Pre-Eden XBMC Build???
Question 
Hi All,

I have ATV2 with XBMC installed with new and latest nightley build updated.

I have downloaded following few Add-ons, pluggins in zipped files and if anyone knows which ones should I installed and compatible to ATV2 and which one are not.

iPlayer-v.2.4.13.zip
metabaron-Gomiso-XBMC-b847f4f.zip
Navi-X_v37_1.zip
net.rieter.xot.repository-1.0.1.zip
plugin.video.tvcatchup141.zip
repository.andrepl.zip
repository.angelscry.xbmc-plugins.1.2.0.zip
repository.blacks.zip
repository.bluecop.xbmc-plugins.zip
repository.divingmule.addons.zip
repository.googlecode.anarchintosh-projects.1.0.1.zip
repository.googlecode.apple-tv2-xbmc.zip
repository.googlecode.dandar3-xbmc-addons.zip
repository.googlecode.izexbmcaddons.zip
repository.googlecode.sparetime.zip
repository.googlecode.xbmc-addons.zip
repository.googlecode.xbmc-addons-chinese.zip
repository.googlecode.xbmc-tvshack.zip
repository.jeroen.zip
repository.luxeria.zip
repository.MaxMustermann.xbmc-1.0.1.ForRepoInstaller.zip
repository.mindmade.zip
repository.mortstar.addons-1.2.0.zip
repository.passion.xbmc.org-1.0.4.zip
repository.pieh.zip
repository.queeup-1.0.2.zip
repository.t0mm0-1.0.3.zip
repository.unofficial.addons.zip
repository.xbmc-adult.zip
repository.xbmc-czech.sf.net-0.1.zip
repository.xbmc-korea.com-1.0.3.zip
script.TraktUtilities-0.6.3.zip
script.xbmc.subtitles_2.9.0_eden-pre.zip
xbmc.repo.aeonmq.2.zip
xbmc.repo.hitchers.zip
xbmc.repo.plexbmc-1.0.0.zip
xbmc.repro.malexx.zip

How do I checked the addons are compatible with pre-eden XBMC builds??:Big Grin

I greatly appreciated for your time and help.

Thank you,
JR
You want to have all those addons? Are are you just installing what you get?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz Wrote:You want to have all those addons? Are are you just installing what you get?

I am sorry for the confusion, my English is not so well.

I do have all those Add-Ons but like to know which addons are compatible or needs to be installed on Apple TV2 and which are I don't need to unzip file on ATV2.

I also needs to know which add ons are Pre-Eden XBMC Build?
If you can point those out from the list It will be helpful.

Thank,
JR
Wink 
Tell us what you want to do with XBMC.
Ask if it is possible
Ask how to do it

Just don't ask me; I am done.
g-off Wrote:Tell us what you want to do with XBMC.
Ask if it is possible
Ask how to do it

Just don't ask me; I am done.

Hi G-Off,

All I want to know which .zip files were listed in my first post is compatible to XBMC ATV2?

I know how to unzip those files in XBMC but I don't want to try in my ATV2 XBMC if I don't know which files are compatible or not?

I don't want to install any uncompilable file to ATV2 XBMC.
But why? You don't seem to know what they are - most of them are repositories with multiple add-ons inside. No one's going to go through that list, determine all the add-ons inside and tell you whether or not they work.

Like g-off, Memphiz and others have told you, why don't you determine what you want to do (or what the plugin does) and then decide if you want it. Add-ons are just that, add-ons - they aren't required for XBMC to work, so you shouldn't blindly install everything.

Once you decide you want an add-on, you can visit the add-on support forum and ask questions or install it and test it out for yourself.
DLeavy Wrote:But why? You don't seem to know what they are - most of them are repositories with multiple add-ons inside. No one's going to go through that list, determine all the add-ons inside and tell you whether or not they work.

Like g-off, Memphiz and others have told you, why don't you determine what you want to do (or what the plugin does) and then decide if you want it. Add-ons are just that, add-ons - they aren't required for XBMC to work, so you shouldn't blindly install everything.

Once you decide you want an add-on, you can visit the add-on support forum and ask questions or install it and test it out for yourself.

This exactly my question that why each repositories don't explain in detail what they are and which channel(s) has.

For an example if I installed this file repository.googlecode.apple-tv2-xbmc.zip and I don't know what is this and how many channel name I am getting on my screen to install from Get More... Menu.

If I open repository.googlecode.apple-tv2-xbmc.zip file then how do I find out from one what is this for? is it pluggin for helping XBMC utility or has channel such as NFL.com or Canada on Demand?

There is so many repository and very confusing.

I also wants to know which repository has Crackle, Icefilms, DesiTV, Filmi By Nature.

Thanks
Icefilms is in here:
Filmi By Nature:
Crackle:

Basically, you can search for the addons you want in the addon support forum, which is all I did to find the appropriate repo (repository):

http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=27

Typically, the first post for a thread for an addon will have a link to either the repository or addon that you need to install to get it.
DLeavy Wrote:Icefilms is in here:
Filmi By Nature:
Crackle:

Basically, you can search for the addons you want in the addon support forum, which is all I did to find the appropriate repo (repository):

http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=27

Typically, the first post for a thread for an addon will have a link to either the repository or addon that you need to install to get it.

This is great post and really help me. Can I rename this 1 zipped file such as repository.crackle-1.0.3.zip ??

Thanks for your help and I will start reading your url.
JR
Jreed, just download the zip files you want, put them on the atv2 and select "install from zip file" for addons. The ones that were listed above are great, and there aren't a great deal of other addons I would waste time with. As you can see from this thread, there's no real list of compatible add-ons. They're ALL designed to work with xbmc, so find one that interests you, install it, and see if it works on atv2/does what you wanted it to do. Just start with those few above, and maybe add Hulu from blue cop repo.

If you have further questions please be specific about what it is you'd like a plugin to do or what, specifically, you are looking for. As said in a previous post, no one has the time to make a list and test them all for you. If you have specific questions or goals, I'm sure folks would be more than happy to help figure it out.
lakerjuck66 Wrote:Jreed, just download the zip files you want, put them on the atv2 and select "install from zip file" for addons. The ones that were listed above are great, and there aren't a great deal of other addons I would waste time with. As you can see from this thread, there's no real list of compatible add-ons. They're ALL designed to work with xbmc, so find one that interests you, install it, and see if it works on atv2/does what you wanted it to do. Just start with those few above, and maybe add Hulu from blue cop repo.

If you have further questions please be specific about what it is you'd like a plugin to do or what, specifically, you are looking for. As said in a previous post, no one has the time to make a list and test them all for you. If you have specific questions or goals, I'm sure folks would be more than happy to help figure it out.

Hi,

Thank you for your advice and suggestion.. However, I did first time installed everything like unzipped and every channels I find I installed using Add-ons and Get More menu but my XBMC was crashing and sometimes I was getting black screen and go back to Apple main menu so I re-jailbreak and remove everything. Some other pro suggest that if I install everything that could be XBMC crashing but now I just installed Icefilms so unzipped only one single repository and watching one channel but my ATV2 is still crashing getting black screen.

I have re-jailbreaking few times and remove my .db (database) few times to get back up and running my XBMC. I am not sure if I am the only one or some other ATV2 members are experiencing this same problem?

Sorry about my bad English so please forgive me.
JR
Hi,

Anyone having XBMC crashing problem?
All I am running only one channel ICEFILMS...from unzipping following..

I re-jailbreak using Seas0onPass so it will re-install new .ipsw and then I installed XBMC from Cydia build using that FAQ posted by this forum and then install new nightllies. And then from XBMC I only unzipped one file anarchintosh zipped file.

My XBMC is so sudden shutdown and go back to Apple TV main menu. I select and go back to XBMC and start watching where I left off by forwarding. Few times happens this same problem and after few times I cannot open XBMC. When I click from main menu XBMC then go back to ATV2 main menu.

I delete .db files from database and I can access XBMC. I know that my video files are getting corrupted that Ned Scott send me the message so all I am reporting my problem.

Please post if anyone having same problem.

Sorry for my bad English, please read between lines if don't understand.
I wish I can write better English.

JR
JREED Wrote:Hi,

Anyone having XBMC crashing problem?
All I am running only one channel ICEFILMS...from unzipping following..

I re-jailbreak using Seas0onPass so it will re-install new .ipsw and then I installed XBMC from Cydia build using that FAQ posted by this forum and then install new nightllies. And then from XBMC I only unzipped one file anarchintosh zipped file.

My XBMC is so sudden shutdown and go back to Apple TV main menu. I select and go back to XBMC and start watching where I left off by forwarding. Few times happens this same problem and after few times I cannot open XBMC. When I click from main menu XBMC then go back to ATV2 main menu.

I delete .db files from database and I can access XBMC. I know that my video files are getting corrupted that Ned Scott send me the message so all I am reporting my problem.

Please post if anyone having same problem.

Sorry for my bad English, please read between lines if don't understand.
I wish I can write better English.

JR

After that much bubbling it is time for you to follow the instructions on the first link in my signature. And keep in mind that we can't help anyone who just gives as a heck zillions of prosa.

So ... come back with xbmc.log, crashreporter log and syslog and we will see what is wrong ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
For the record, you're english isn't that bad - we get the basic idea of what you're reporting, however, as Memphiz suggested, follow the link at the bottom of his post regarding finding the logs and posting them so someone smarter than me can read them and tell you what's wrong.

However, I did notice that you didn't mention anything about installing updatebegone - this is what prevents the Apple TV from checking for updates, which causes XBMC to crash. When you installed the latest nightly, did you run this command?

apt-get install com.nito.updatebegone
Memphiz Wrote:After that much bubbling it is time for you to follow the instructions on the first link in my signature. And keep in mind that we can't help anyone who just gives as a heck zillions of prosa.

So ... come back with xbmc.log, crashreporter log and syslog and we will see what is wrong ...

Hi,

Please check following link for the 3 logs files that you requested.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid...A51932!111

Please let me know if its accessible or not? that pastebin is sucks to upload.
I really appreciate for your help and support.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV 2 - Which Add-Ons are Compatible to Pre-Eden XBMC Build???0