Question 
Hallo Guys,

I've defined NFS share in sources of XBMC as stated in the wiki:
<source>
<name>Movies NFS</name>
<path pathversion="1">nfs://192.168.17.2/mnt/monster/shares</path>
</source>

However it's not working and xbmc.log (debug on) says:
02:12:34 T:3049895808 M:1951039488 WARNING: Create - Unsupported protocol(nfs) in nfs://192.168.17.2/mnt/monster/shares/
02:12:34 T:3049895808 M:1951039488 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(nfs://192.168.17.2/mnt/monster/shares/) failed

Is nfs still supported in Live builds of XBMC?
kissiel Wrote:Is nfs still supported in Live builds of XBMC?

Only if you updated to a pre-eden xbmc build that supports nfs sources. If you just installed the dharma version of live then no.
kissiel Wrote:Hallo Guys,

I've defined NFS share in sources of XBMC as stated in the wiki:
<source>
<name>Movies NFS</name>
<path pathversion="1">nfs://192.168.17.2/mnt/monster/shares</path>
</source>

However it's not working and xbmc.log (debug on) says:
02:12:34 T:3049895808 M:1951039488 WARNING: Create - Unsupported protocol(nfs) in nfs://192.168.17.2/mnt/monster/shares/
02:12:34 T:3049895808 M:1951039488 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(nfs://192.168.17.2/mnt/monster/shares/) failed

Is nfs still supported in Live builds of XBMC?

Can't answer your question - but for sure and according to that error message - the xbmclive version you are using doesn't have nfs support.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
It's Dharma downloaded straight from xbmc.org download page - so everything is clear now. However I'm quite surprised that nfs is not supported.
Thanks for feedback guys!
You can still use NFS shares in live, you would just have to mount them on the OS level instead of within xbmc. I did that when I ran the dharma version of live and worked fine.
Thanks for hint:-) I've tried it and of course it works, but I don't like this solution, because I thinking to share library between many multi-OS XBMCs and I want to preserve paths consistency(to be honest I'm thinking to share library DB with other 2 XBMC4XBOX - I'm not sure if the database format is still the same - didn't try it yet).
With SMB there is no such problem(as the paths are always the same) and with NFS local mount trick you may not achieve this unfortunately.
I want to use NFS because it seems to be faster than SMB. Some of the XBMCs access media via WiFi.

I've also tried FTP source, which is really fast, but I've faced some other problem (some random directories where missing in the listing using ftp source - sic!) - I created another thread about it, but so far no response:-(
kissiel Wrote:Thanks for hint:-) I've tried it and of course it works, but I don't like this solution, because I thinking to share library between many multi-OS XBMCs and I want to preserve paths consistency(to be honest I'm thinking to share library DB with other 2 XBMC4XBOX - I'm not sure if the database format is still the same - didn't try it yet).
With SMB there is no such problem(as the paths are always the same) and with NFS local mount trick you may not achieve this unfortunately.
I want to use NFS because it seems to be faster than SMB. Some of the XBMCs access media via WiFi.

I've also tried FTP source, which is really fast, but I've faced some other problem (some random directories where missing in the listing using ftp source - sic!) - I created another thread about it, but so far no response:-(

Autofs it.

Then just browse to /net/server.local/TV/, etc. Shares will be identical between all machines in the house.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
Anyway I've messed up - I was convinced that XBOX supports NFS shares, however it doesn't, so I need to think it over.
I've bought already ION2 based Zotac ZBOX which works quite fine - CPU load for small size (2-3GB) HD movies is 10-20% on XBMC.
I've never had any problem with playback on this machine.
The only drawback is that it becomes quite hot after some time and you can hear fan, but I keep appliance behind TV, so it's not very annoying. Now I'm experimenting with "Sync playback to display" which should lower CPU load due to idle refreshes and lower temperature.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NFS support in XBMC Live0