Problem with HDMI signal getting lost
I have a Foxconn NT-A3500 box with Ubuntu 11.10 in it. XBMC version is pre-Eden. The box is connected to my A/V receiver (Onkyo HT-R538) with HDMI cable and then another HDMI cable from Onkyo to TV.

The problem is that HDMI signal is getting lost if I for example watch normal TV for a while and then change back to HDMI input. Screen is all black and indicating that there's no signal. Or another way to lose the signal is to change input from Onkyo to something else and then back.

But if I put my Onkyo into standby mode for like 30 secs and then back on, the signal is recovered successfully.

It has to be something with this new Foxconn box because Popcorn Hour, Boxee Box and my laptop are working perfectly with HDMI.

Any ideas what could be wrong? Any other NT-A3500 owners?
dolp Wrote:I have a Foxconn NT-A3500 box with Ubuntu 11.10 in it. XBMC version is pre-Eden. The box is connected to my A/V receiver (Onkyo HT-R538) with HDMI cable and then another HDMI cable from Onkyo to TV.

The problem is that HDMI signal is getting lost if I for example watch normal TV for a while and then change back to HDMI input. Screen is all black and indicating that there's no signal. Or another way to lose the signal is to change input from Onkyo to something else and then back.

But if I put my Onkyo into standby mode for like 30 secs and then back on, the signal is recovered successfully.

It has to be something with this new Foxconn box because Popcorn Hour, Boxee Box and my laptop are working perfectly with HDMI.

Any ideas what could be wrong? Any other NT-A3500 owners?

It's quite a common thing, my Optoma HD20 projector for example, sometimes won't sync with my old ION based Acer Revo R3610 when it switches refresh rate for 23.98fps material. Same with my new HTPC which has a nVidia GT 430...It's fine for everything else though (Xbox\PS3\Sky etc). My LCD a Samsung B650 has no problem with anything at all though.

Something about EDID information not being sent correctly or something I hear. I assume what you are experiencing is a problem with similar roots.

I'm not trying to troll your post with my problem, just letting you know that it is more than likely beyond the control of XBMC to actually resolve this, although I could be wrong of course.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with HDMI signal getting lost0