XBMC and DVB tunner with SHARING
Hello, I`m just starting "messing" with XBMC, and I would like to get some info`s first.

I have very small FS Computer that was used as a sever in my LAN, and now i can do sth else with it since it is not needed for that any more.

But to be happy I need sth more from XBMC than just Media center to watch movies or listen to music.

I saw some threads about TV tunners connected with XBMC, but could find if anyone run paid TV on it.

I have Dreambox that is running CCCAM (could be different emu - say which one is better to do that) and I have Polish CYFRA + provider`s card.
The question is: It is possible to watch TV on XBMC and getting the "keys" from my dreambox ?

What sciripts do I need ? What DVB tunner would be good for linux, and to receiving these keys ? How to set up this ?

Please advise some solutions Wink Then I`ll try to study more about that, but now i need some advises.

Or the better way is to connect Phoenix to XBMC and set up cccam or different emu and then send keys to dreambox ? Would be easier to set up TV on XBMC ?

Would be great if this DVB tunner supports PVR and HD Channels ;x

Thank you in advance for all your help Wink
Ive had a quick search regarding something similar and the way I would do something like this is use mythtv as a backend (theres alot of info out there regarding mythtv + cccam etc..) and either mythtv or xbmc as a frontend.
Thx, but mythTV i see is sth similiar to xbmc but with TV support.

Anyone has tried ? What if i add TV support to XBMC ? will be ther choise in the menu ? sth like MUSIC, VIDEO and new WATCH TV ?

Still don`t know which DVB tunner should i choose ;x
You should test xbmc-pvr + tvheadend (build-in newcamd client). TBS Qbox S2 and Prof Tuners 7500 USB works without problems under linux.

My configuration:
S1-AT5NM10E, Prof 7500 USB, XBMC-pvr, tvheadend, TP/Orange newcamd client (local newcamd server)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC and DVB tunner with SHARING0