MediaTomb and XBMC on JB Apple TV
Hi Folks,

Thanks for any help in setting this up. I was able to jailbreak my apple tv, but now I'm having trouble setting up a UPnP server to actually have any music to play! I've installed mediatomb, added music to library through it's http interface and added it as source inside of XBMC. I can browse through my music on XBMC, but when I select an Mp3, no sound comes out. The timer gets up to 1 second and then the XBMC screen locks.

I only tried to start a UPnP server because I wasn't able to add any music through the xbmcs web interface. I was able to browse to it, but when I select the "Music" button, the loading circle starts spinning into infinity.

It says my version is pre-11.0.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Alright. I guess I just forgot to load the nightly build but it still loads really slow. any tips on fixing web interface?
Go with Samba shares over upnp...NFS even better if you have other *nix's in the house.

Your ATV should work fine with SMB.

I used Mediatomb for PS3 back in the day, but Samba and NFS much are 0 maintenance once setup.
If I helped out pls give me a +

A bunch of XBMC instances, big-ass screen in the basement + a 20TB FreeBSD, ZFS server.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaTomb and XBMC on JB Apple TV0