Issue with putting movies each in their own folder
Hi folks,

I suspect this has come up before, but can't find it, so apologies if so.

I am just making the move to XBMC and want everything to be nice and slick. To that end I am putting each movie in its own folder and using Media Companion to scrape stuff into each folder. So far, so good. But...

In XBMC, I select movies, then the name of the movie (folder) and then have to click on the actual movie itself. For example, I might click on <Movies>, <Blade Runner>, <Blade Runner> to get the film running.

Is there some way to set things up so that, once it gets to the folder, XBMC just plays the movie? The extra click is clearly not a great hardship, but is decidedly unslick.

Thoughts/comments?

Kindest, AM
you have to use Library mode. Once your movies are scraped and imported into the library it will work like you want.
Ahhhhh. Thank you - will have a play this evening.
Yes, you're using File mode which simply leaves you navigating the folder/directory structure like Thunar, Nautilus, Windows Exporer, etc.

If you use Library mode, you can then search on genre or list all the library content (files). Library mode also joins parts together (e.g. if you have a film split into multiple parts, original 1Gb VOB files, for example), and you can change options to ignore articles ("a", "an", "the") when sorting, use the folder name as well as the file name to try to work out what film it is, and so on.

Have a firkle and see where you get to.
Yay - working as dreamed!

Skips off happily into the sunset.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issue with putting movies each in their own folder0