Remote PowerOn a Shuttle XS35GT with XBMC!!
Thumbs Up 
On of the best mods I have done to date is add the remote IR switch to enable me to turn on or off the Shuttle XS35GT via my media centre remote.

The remote IR switch is the SIMEREC PCS-1a which allows for one button IR recording enabling you to turn it on from cold off state.

The challenge was to find a +5V rail to solder to while the Shuttle is plugged in and off. I managed to find it under the top heat sink. As shown below, I have soldered the purple wire to the +5V rail and the black wire to the ground point on the left.

I have then removed power switch (careful pulling out) to solder to the two legs of the silver switch.

Carefully drill a hole in the front to line up the IR receiver behind it, and peel the double sided tape to stick up against the front panel.

Finally the base of the Shuttle to show the cable run.

Before closing the unit up. Press the button on the Remote IR Receiver unit, to teach the unit what you want to use to trigger it. I used the power button on the MCE remote. and then set the XBMC to Shut down the unit on the same command thought the settings.

Test it, and close it up.. Great for when the unit is up on the bedroom cupboard and really don't need to leave it in standby!

Please note that this will work on ANY HTPC, and its not only limited to the Shuttle.

Hope this help people..

Cheers
Nice. I did this years ago for XBOX and it would be nice to have this on my Shuttle too. Seems quite expensive compared to XBOX´s ir-mod.
Odroid C2 running CoreElec
For the price of $29.. I didn't complain as it make the experience with the Shuttle and watching movies etc. so much nicer.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote PowerOn a Shuttle XS35GT with XBMC!!0