Password Protect via Ratings
Thought I'd check in and see if there had been any progress at all with this?

The kids are six months older and are finding their way round the system better and better every day - it's only a matter of time before they come across my 80's horror collection!!

Cheers

Was looking for something to remove R rated movies from menu, i guess for now solution is to separate them out and have a separate source
http://killdash9.github.io/xbmc-parental-controls/

I've only just found this addon. Looks to be exactly what was requested at the start of this thread many many many moons ago. I've not tested it yet though. I came across this thread and others when searching for a solution to the problem OP posed.
I know I'm necroing this thread, but this addon does nothing for imported media. It only works on streaming media from addons like Exodus or SALTS
Well given what massive security nightmares those pieces of crap are, if you're stupid enough to let them anywhere near your system you probably need all the help you can get.

Piracy and illegal sources aren't the only reason we have a banned add-on (wiki) list, on which those feature.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Yeah, not advocating for those plugins/addons, just stating that if you're looking for a Parental Control for your imported library of locally/network hosted content this plugin will not do the job you're wanting.

Kodi still does not have anything even closely resembling decent parental controls.
Maybe have a look at PinSentry and see if that does what you are looking for.

Rob

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Password Protect via Ratings2