• 156(current)
Artwork Downloader
I don't even know if this is the right thread to put this.
I don't know if this is possible, but if it is, probably it is a suggestion.

Is it possible to have Kodi read from one folder just for actors/actresses images?

Is it possible when downloading actor images, to download them all to one centralized folder?
I know you're thinking that there's no problem because these images are small in size. However, isn't it redundant?
Reason being.... say that you have a LOT of series/movies, and you have one actor/actress that appears in quite a few. Wouldn't it be better to have them once, than multiple times?
Laptop: Dell Inspiron i7559-2512BLK | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 6700HQ (2.60 GHz) | 1 TB + 8 GB SSHD
Kodi 18.3
MiniPC: LibreELEC 8.2.1
Sharing Media: SMB (HDD: 2 TB, 1 TB) | Media Manager/Organizer - Media Companion
(2015-05-10, 09:41)marhutchy Wrote: Is it possible to have Kodi read from one folder just for actors/actresses images?

No, not currently possible.

(2015-05-10, 09:41)marhutchy Wrote: However, isn't it redundant?

Yes, the current solution is massively redundant and inefficient. A single cast folder for local cast artwork across all movies (even tv shows) would be much more efficient, but also more complicated (what to do if you have multiple sources - share cast artwork across sources, or have one cast artwork folder per source, maybe in the root of each source?)

As usual it needs someone that is bothered enough by this to improve it, and in the grand scheme of things it's probably way down most peoples lists of priorities. At least it works, even if it is inefficient... Smile
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-05-10, 10:05)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-05-10, 09:41)marhutchy Wrote: Is it possible to have Kodi read from one folder just for actors/actresses images?

No, not currently possible.

(2015-05-10, 09:41)marhutchy Wrote: However, isn't it redundant?

Yes, the current solution is massively redundant and inefficient. A single cast folder for local cast artwork across all movies (even tv shows) would be much more efficient, but also more complicated (what to do if you have multiple sources - share cast artwork across sources, or have one cast artwork folder per source, maybe in the root of each source?)

As usual it needs someone that is bothered enough by this to improve it, and in the grand scheme of things it's probably way down most peoples lists of priorities. At least it works, even if it is inefficient... Smile

That is true.
That's one of the reasons why I had second thoughts about asking, because I know it isn't a major issue - it isn't prioritized.

For multiple sources, I would suggest the same method that Movie Set Artwork Automator addon uses.

Thanks for responding Smile
Laptop: Dell Inspiron i7559-2512BLK | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 6700HQ (2.60 GHz) | 1 TB + 8 GB SSHD
Kodi 18.3
Sharing Media: SMB (HDD: 2 TB, 1 TB) | Media Manager/Organizer - Media Companion
I believe Media Companion has that option. The image location is written to nfo and shouldn't it be read by Kodi?
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
You're right, I suppose it might be possible via NFOs, if the third party media manager is essentially managing the content of the single/shared actors folder, but it's not the "normal" way of working for Kodi.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I use MediaElch.
Maybe MediaElch could include the feature to place all the actor images in one folder, with their respect nfo files, then Kodi reads from that one folder.

Yep - a lot of work.
Kodi 18.3
(2015-05-09, 19:55)great_vc Wrote: Hi, i tried a search to no avail. i have some movies with cdart option enable. i add new movies, they appear perfectly on kodi (nebula skin) but the cd art is not displayed. i have to manually run the "artwork downloader" plug in to download the cd art. Can this be done automatically every time i update my library. DVD cover and background art are correctly downloaded automatically every time i add a movie, how come cd art is not ?

thank your for your help.

anyone on this ??
Can someone confirm that downloading tv shows artwork is broken?
I noticed that the search engine on thetvdb.com also have an Ajax issue
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
(2015-05-20, 10:21)sualfred Wrote: I noticed that the search engine on thetvdb.com also have an Ajax issue

This problem already exists a long time.
AFAIK they are working on a complete new Layout/API, see here and here

Quote:Can someone confirm that downloading tv shows artwork is broken?
Sorry - Last week I stopped to use AD, because the SD card in my second RaspberryPi was full, and Kodi no longer ran reliably (really, really strange behaviours) - had to reinstall and configure everything new ...Angry
Did not expect that the artwork as much space need (4GB @ 150 TV-shows / > 4000 episodes and around 480 movies ), I probably still have to make some fine adjustments Confused Wink
I'm sure this has been covered but I am unable to get Artwork Downloader to only fetch 1080p images despite overwriting and minimum rating of 10. It still brings back 1280. Anyway to get this to work?

Version: 12.0.29
(2015-05-31, 02:49)Tennyten Wrote: I'm sure this has been covered but I am unable to get Artwork Downloader to only fetch 1080p images despite overwriting and minimum rating of 10. It still brings back 1280. Anyway to get this to work?

This is entirely up to what images you are trying to fetch, from which website, whether they are currently available in HD on said website, the date they were added to said website and if they are available to the API for scraping. As you can see, far more information is needed to determine whether there is indeed something wrong that needs fix.
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
(2015-05-31, 03:35)capfuturo Wrote:
(2015-05-31, 02:49)Tennyten Wrote: I'm sure this has been covered but I am unable to get Artwork Downloader to only fetch 1080p images despite overwriting and minimum rating of 10. It still brings back 1280. Anyway to get this to work?

This is entirely up to what images you are trying to fetch, from which website, whether they are currently available in HD on said website, the date they were added to said website and if they are available to the API for scraping. As you can see, far more information is needed to determine whether there is indeed something wrong that needs fix.

Not really an answer but okay. Lets take Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day for instance. With a minimum rating of 10 none of the high quality images from moviedb were added. I don't see an option to edit websites either so not sure how the user would be able to fix anything other than putting the highest rating.
@Tennyten: I see you have a confusion in the sense that you believe you will get HD images to download by increasing the rating. I am not sure as to why you relate rating with image quality? Anyway, if the images you are looking for clear all aspect from my previous answer, then you should lower the rating from 10 to, let's say, 5, so you can increase the chances to get those images downloaded.
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
Another good way to see what you could grab is to visit TMDB and IMDB (speaking for movies) and see by yourself the fanarts they provide.
Depending of the movie you can encounter plenty of shiny high res artworks (pitates of the caribbean comes to my mind) and also shity ones (Jaws 4 ;-) )....
All of this as nothing to do with AD... it's like going to your basic grocer and complaining it doesn't provide caviar...
I guess I'm suggesting that maybe there is a way to get only specified resolutions which is what I thought artwork downloader provided. I did mistake rating with quality. Running a HTPC with 1080 and above resolutions you really notice when 720 or below is presented. Let's say for MovieDB there's art I would like downloaded from there but not given an option to do so in artwork downloader or a do not return any resolutions below this option. So I end up deleting low resolution art out of folders every time the addon does a mass update which is a pain in the butt with larger libraries. Just thoughts on improvement. Still a great addon and a big help. Thanks.
  • 156(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloader18