• 86(current)
Artwork Downloader
Hi all,

I am using xbmc frodo and my library is on the mysql server. Even with the 'use local files' option on, AD completely ignores my already downloaded local logos and cleararts in the movie directory and redownloads from the internet. Did any of you face the same problem?
Is it correct to assume that AD must be LAUNCHED in bulk mode each time any new movie or TV Show is added in order for the artwork in the local folder to show up?

If so, is there anyway to automate it such as whenever an "Update Library" is run?
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
I can't get this to work at all recently?

Settings are as follows:

Xbmc Frodo
Artowrk Downloader 12.0.14
Default Artwork Downloader settings "EXCEPT" from the following options:

I have Disabled all Movie Artowrk Downloads by checking the appropriate switch.
I have Disabled all MusicVideo Artowrk Downloads by checking the appropriate switch.
I have Disabled all TVShows Artwork downloads "EXCEPT" for clearart and logo by checking the appropriate switches (that's all I want/need).

It has hung over night on "scanning for artwork" section? As i have none, this should not take this long.. I cancelled the process, check the websites and network connection, all is well at my end and their end.

Currently I have no Artwork at all except for what xbmc scrapped into its DB from tmdb during its initial process when I added the directories.

I have re ran the process after a forced shutdown, and the same thing happens... Only now it doesn't hang on the scanning section entirely, it then just quits and flashes off the screen? No artwork has been down loaded at all so far?

Perhaps this configuration of settings is causing the issue? But currently I can't get even a logo for a tv show using artwork downloaded from the applications folder, seems ok when using it via the library so I'm assuming it must be because of these particular settings. However, as all I want it logos/clear art for tv shows I'm unsure what (if any) a fix could be?
Is there currently a problem with Artwork downloader ?, it wont seem to pick up posters or fan art for my movies. If I turn everything off but posters and fan art it says 0 art work found and 0 failed. If I turn them all on it gets what's available like clear art but it refuses to see poster or fanart, or at least they don't show up in the folder with my movie as clear art, logo and extra art work did.
Does artwork downloader support HD logo and HD clearart?

If it does the naming for sd logos and hd logos should be different because the alignment for both logos are different. I have been downloading a few logos manually and i have mixed hd and sd logo. As most of my logos are in sd the hd logos seem a little odd due to its center alignment. In aeon nox low list view HD logos appear to be floating as compared to sd logos which touch the bottom of the panel due to its bottom alignment. I wish there was a different naming convention for hd artwork like hdlogo.png or hdclearart.png.

Secondly, AD should download both SD and HD logos and clearart so that skins could make use of hd and sd artwork according to their viewtype and users have choice in selecting whether they wish to view sd or hd artwork.
(2013-03-23, 08:01)ads86 Wrote: Does artwork downloader support HD logo and HD clearart?

If it does the naming for sd logos and hd logos should be different because the alignment for both logos are different. I have been downloading a few logos manually and i have mixed hd and sd logo. As most of my logos are in sd the hd logos seem a little odd due to its center alignment. In aeon nox low list view HD logos appear to be floating as compared to sd logos which touch the bottom of the panel due to its bottom alignment. I wish there was a different naming convention for hd artwork like hdlogo.png or hdclearart.png.

Secondly, AD should download both SD and HD logos and clearart so that skins could make use of hd and sd artwork according to their viewtype and users have choice in selecting whether they wish to view sd or hd artwork.

I have no intention of doing that.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
After reorganizing my files, the add on workes fine and I use a separate "extrafanart" folder for all these images for a slideshow. But what if I remove a movie from the database and delete it. Will AD also remove the "extrafanart" for this movie from the folder?
KODI: 18 (latest on Google Play) with Emby-Addon
Skin: Estuary
Database: Emby Server Docker (linuxserver.io) on Synology DS1019+
Hardware: Nvidia Shield TV 2017
Video/Sound: via HDMI and Yamaha RX-V685 on Philips 55OLED804
Remote: Logitech Harmony Ultimate
(2013-03-26, 09:11)keyboarder2k Wrote: After reorganizing my files, the add on workes fine and I use a separate "extrafanart" folder for all these images for a slideshow. But what if I remove a movie from the database and delete it. Will AD also remove the "extrafanart" for this movie from the folder?

it won't remove anything
I hope I'm not asking a stupid question but I've looked around and can't find an answer. Since upgrading to Frodo, I'm noticing that after running Artwork Downloader, it will say it's downloaded a bunch of files (and I see it doing do), but when I go into the videos folder, I don't see the files in the folder. For example, I have my movies in their own folder, and it used to download the clear art and logo and poster and disc art, etc, it the same folder where the video is. Now I don't see those files, but they still show up in XBMC interface. So I'm assuming they are being stored in the Thumbnails folder when downloaded. How can I make it download the art to it's respective video source folder?
*sigh*

really? this has been answered dozens of time all over the forum

see addon advancedsettings
@fernicus

From my post #1254

Is this what you mean...

Go to system - video - export video library... it will ask to 'export to single or separate file' .. choose separate.. next 'export thumbnails and fanart' .. yes.. next 'export actor thumbs'.. up to you

This will export all AD media to the subsequent folders

Once completed, everything will be in it's associated folder, which you can browse to check manually.

Then, if you need to do a fresh install at any point in the future you can enable 'use local files' to have AD use all the media you just exported.

Hope this helps
(2013-03-28, 00:13)blondeshanks Wrote: @fernicus

From my post #1254

Is this what you mean...

Go to system - video - export video library... it will ask to 'export to single or separate file' .. choose separate.. next 'export thumbnails and fanart' .. yes.. next 'export actor thumbs'.. up to you

Once completed, everything will be in it's associated folder, which you can browse to check manually.

Then, if you need to do a fresh install at any point in the future you can enable 'use local files' to have AD use all the media you just exported.

Hope this helps

When I perform these steps I end up with duplicated artwork. For example, if I run AD it will use the following file names and automatically save the images in the same directory as the movie:

Code:
banner.jpg
clearart.png
disc.png
landscape.jpg
logo.png

After exporting my library, I have the following files generated:

Code:
<movie-name>-clearlogo.png
<movie-name>-discart.png
<movie-name>-fanart.jpg
<movie-name>-poster.jpg

It would appear that "<movie-name>-clearlogo.png" == "logo.png" and "<movie-name>-discart.png" == "disc.png", though they are not identical in size. In fact, they are usually smaller, suggesting that the files are compressed/resized once imported (and consequently exported).

With all of these files coexisting in the same directory, which of the two conflicting will "win" when the "use local files" option is selected?
(2013-03-28, 04:19)WhiskeyAlpha Wrote:
(2013-03-28, 00:13)blondeshanks Wrote: @fernicus

From my post #1254

Is this what you mean...

Hope this helps

When I perform these steps I end up with duplicated artwork. For example, if I run AD it will use the following file names and automatically save the images in the same directory as the movie:

Code:
banner.jpg
clearart.png
disc.png
landscape.jpg
logo.png

After exporting my library, I have the following files generated:

Code:
<movie-name>-clearlogo.png
<movie-name>-discart.png
<movie-name>-fanart.jpg
<movie-name>-poster.jpg

It would appear that "<movie-name>-clearlogo.png" == "logo.png" and "<movie-name>-discart.png" == "disc.png", though they are not identical in size. In fact, they are usually smaller, suggesting that the files are compressed/resized once imported (and consequently exported).

With all of these files coexisting in the same directory, which of the two conflicting will "win" when the "use local files" option is selected?

Not too sure, did you use export in Eden then upgraded to Frodo and exported again? I think Frodo exports different filenames as it uses a new naming convention but I'm sure someone can clarify and answer this better than me?
Hey Blondeshanks,

To confirm, I removed XBMC 12.0 entirely (including all appdata directories etc) performed a fresh install of 12.1 and the latest GIT of Aeon Nox and added my movie directory. I can reproduce the "issue" step-by-step in the following manner:

1. As an example, I ensured there were no image files stored locally in my "Life of Pi" directory:
Code:
/.actors
/extrafanart
/extrathumbs
Life of Pi (2012).mkv

2. I then selected "Get Artwork" from the information screen in Aeon Nox and selected "yes" to the prompt "download all artwork without user intervention?". This resulted in a couple of image files being downloaded locally and reflected in the skin:
Code:
/.actors
/extrafanart
/extrathumbs
clearart.png
Life of Pi (2012).mkv
logo.png

3. I then exported my media library and as you can see, I now have duplicate images:
Code:
/.actors
/extrafanart
/extrathumbs
clearart.png
Life of Pi (2012).mkv
Life of Pi (2012).nfo
Life of Pi (2012)-clearart.png
Life of Pi (2012)-clearlogo.png
Life of Pi (2012)-fanart.jpg
Life of Pi (2012)-poster.jpg
logo.png

I'm not sure if this is by design as it would seem more logical to me to use one naming convention, whether the media was exported from the XBMC itself or downloaded via the AD plugin.

Either way, I'd be interested to know which AD will pick if I scan this directory from a fresh XBMC install with "use local files" selected (i.e would "logo.png" or "Life of Pi (2012)-clearlogo.png" win?)
@WhiskeyAlpha

Just checked media folder and I have same files so assume everything you exported is correct and required by XBMC if a fresh install and 'use local art' is performed. As to whether logo.png or clearlogo.png is used how/when I'm not sure... maybe it's for backwards compatibility? Either way, everything works, right?
  • 86(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloader18