• 37(current)
Artwork Downloader
Hi,
I just stumbled across this AMAZING addon... it's great!! however I've found a "bug".

I'm using Eden with Mysql to hold databases. I have 10 x 2TB drives (not raided.. so 10 SMB paths)

FIRST: Yes all paths work fine and have read/write etc... (been using for many years now)

When using this addon, whenever I have TV shows spread across multiple paths it fails... Here is a debug log for just one show:
http://paste.ubuntu.com/937507/

Any show that isn't across a lot of drives worked.. but left about 60 shows in the dark do to this issue

I hope you're able to make this work. I have a lot that didn't work due to what I think is the issue.

Thank-you in advance.

That nog a bug but it just is not supported and I will not add that to. I find spreading one tv show over multiple locations lack of organisation.

Adding such feature will make the script much slower and I will not sacrifice speed for those couple users in the world that have such a layout.
Better copy them manualy.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
martijn is ther a way to figure out my bug problem i seem to have been over looked alot
(2012-04-20, 06:45)darkmdbeener Wrote: martijn is ther a way to figure out my bug problem i seem to have been over looked alot

No Debug Log, no help. sorry (enable debug in xbmc and in add-on setting). Use the program to uplaod or manually copy/paste it on xbmclogs.com and paste link here

Can't go on user descriptions alone cause they are usually to cryptic
(2012-04-20, 06:38)Martijn Wrote: That nog a bug but it just is not supported and I will not add that to. I find spreading one tv show over multiple locations lack of organisation.

Adding such feature will make the script much slower and I will not sacrifice speed for those couple users in the world that have such a layout.

Not too impressed with how you worded your response. Calling my way a "lack of organization" was not called for. I don't believe this is a forum for personal jabs at people coming with LEGITIMATE issues.

If I was to respond the way you did I could say

"Well I find your lack of supporting multiple paths lazy. XBMC supports them just fine so naturally its always disappointing when an addon decides to not fully support what it's adding onto."

But I won't because calling you lazy is just immature.

I'm sorry you don't feel multipaths are acceptable. Thank-you for your reply.
(It's still a great addon.. but not as awesome as I initially thought due to lack of supporting multipaths. )
(2012-04-20, 16:00)detroitdr Wrote:
(2012-04-20, 06:38)Martijn Wrote: That nog a bug but it just is not supported and I will not add that to. I find spreading one tv show over multiple locations lack of organisation.

Not too impressed with how you worded your response. Calling my way a "lack of organization" was not called for. I don't believe this is a forum for personal jabs at people coming with LEGITIMATE issues.

If I was to respond the way you did I could say

"Well I find your lack of supporting multiple paths lazy. XBMC supports them just fine so naturally its always disappointing when an addon decides to not fully support what it's adding onto."

But I won't because calling you lazy is just immature.

I'm sorry you don't feel multipaths are acceptable. Thank-you for your reply.
(It's still a great addon.. but not as awesome as I initially thought due to lack of supporting multipaths. )

Not something that will keep me awake at night.
Besides almost ALL artwork downloaded isn't even supported by XBMC natively and this is my personal opinion which I am allowed to have.
Logo-downloader (previous add-on) didn't support it either.
Perhaps if have some time i van look into it but don't promise anything.

Manual downloads can be found on http://fanart.tv

thx again for your reply. As I said.. it's still a great addon for anyone who has a smaller (less complicated) storage system. (I choose my method for personal reasons)

Again Thank-you,
(I'm sure you didn't really mean to put my method down... :> )

All the best,
(2012-04-20, 19:30)detroitdr Wrote: thx again for your reply. As I said.. it's still a great addon for anyone who has a smaller (less complicated) storage system. (I choose my method for personal reasons)

Again Thank-you,
(I'm sure you didn't really mean to put my method down... :> )

All the best,

ofcourse I wasn't meant to put you down. I will look at it in near future but unsure when. I already have some idea on how to possibly add this but it will need some testing on my own setup for which i will have to recreate your setup.
Well if you are able to do it, I would appreciate it. See my setup is using 2 TB drives and I have a 1 for 1 backup. Using RAID keeps the drives on all the time and since I'm using Green drives.. that doesn't work the best in a windows environment.

So when the drive gets full I add another and the TV show continues in the next drive. XBMC has no problem with this.. and really computers don't care where the files are either. I have over 550 TV shows (full eps) so putting in 10 x 2 TB drives in the beginning wasn't an option.. and to keep copying files from one drive to another just to keep them all on the same drive would be a lot of continued upkeep... and I mean a lot. So I'm happy with how I've got it set up. this way when a drive that barely turns on in the first place goes bad, I already have a duplicate of it and slap it in, and make a copy.

Thanks again if you're able to make it support many multipaths in the future.

:>
Is there a list somewhere of which skins have the GUI mode enabled? Got no answer in the Aeon MQ3 thread.
(2012-04-22, 22:46)d3maxt Wrote: Is there a list somewhere of which skins have the GUI mode enabled? Got no answer in the Aeon MQ3 thread.

MQ3 should have it but no idea how he has it coded because i don't use it.
Almost all other skins have it working in some way that will let you choose the artwork they use in the skin and if there is more than one available.
Thanks Martinjn!
@d3maxt
I used to use MQ3, but for various reasons, including the broken support for artwork downloader switched to Aeon Nox, this works fine for me.
Using MQ3 Skin latest version, just updated Openelec to 2.0 beta 2 and cannot get Artwork Downloader from the repo...it's not even listed! I tried installing from zip and it said "Dependencies Missing"...

Here's some screens...

It should be there cause i installed it to on my openelec system.
Try force refresh on the xbmc repo and make sure you have a internet connection. Perhaps internet proxy is on.

Nothing i can help with.
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloader18