• 83(current)
Artwork Downloader
(2013-02-28, 17:07)CaptainKen Wrote: Ember Media Manager will move each of your movies into a separate like named folder with a single setting! It also allows you to pre-scrape all your shows giving you control over what is downloaded. Then in AD you would enable the "Use Local Files" setting.
Will it also update the XBMC datebase for existing movies, that had been moved?
KODI: 18 (latest on Google Play) with Emby-Addon
Skin: Estuary
Database: Emby Server Docker (linuxserver.io) on Synology DS1019+
Hardware: Nvidia Shield TV 2017
Video/Sound: via HDMI and Yamaha RX-V685 on Philips 55OLED804
Remote: Logitech Harmony Ultimate
(2013-03-01, 09:49)Kode Wrote: That Troja HD logo is tagged as German?

I don't know if it's tagged as German, but the logo is not English. I have AD set to download only english images.
(2013-03-01, 13:42)keyboarder2k Wrote:
(2013-02-28, 17:07)CaptainKen Wrote: Ember Media Manager will move each of your movies into a separate like named folder with a single setting! It also allows you to pre-scrape all your shows giving you control over what is downloaded. Then in AD you would enable the "Use Local Files" setting.

If it doesn't just clean the DB and re-scan the video library, those are the manual steps at least.
Setup:
HTPC: Acer Revo 3610 (openELEC 3.0.2) with Aeon Nox (4)
NAS: unRAID 5rc12a on an Intel 3GHz Core2Duo with 4GB of RAM and 5 2TB WD EARS Green Drives
Running: SickBeard, CouchPotato v2, Headphones, Maraschino, Plex and SimplePlugins
(2013-02-28, 04:48)Mungo Wrote: The requirement to have movies and shows etc. in their own folders is a somewhat basic requirement for XBMC in general let alone AD. Considering names are the same for every movie eg. "fanart" or "disc" or "logo" etc. there's no way it will ever work without having the movie or show in its own folder to keep things together.

For software like this to work, there really needs to be some sort of standard organisation done on the users end (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Vid...s/TV_shows)

Possibly true that single folders is a basic requirement for TV Shows, but this single folder requirement absolutely does not apply to Movies. Prefixing artwork with the movie name is an accepted and supported naming convention in XBMC, and has been for several versions.

It's a shame AD has this basic limitation as I'm sure there are many happy users of XBMC that use a single folder for movies without any problems and AD is probably one of the few plugins that doesn't support such a structure, but lets not makes excuses for AD by spreading misinformation about standard and widely supported naming conventions.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Ah - my apologies, I kinda just grouped TV/Movies into 1 there when - although it would make things cleaner and easier to organise in the back-end (maybe the OCD in me),movies all in one single folder, the image names "logo" "disc" etc. are just appended to the end of the movie's filename.

Can understand now how it's a current limitation of AD and my assumption of the folder requirement, when it downloads files it stores them locally with a standard flat name of "logo" "disc" etc.
(2013-03-01, 13:42)keyboarder2k Wrote:

You'll need to delete the movies from xbmc and then Update Library in xbmc and they'll be as they were before. You probably need to run AD again. If you don't want AD to re-download all your artwork then choose the option in AD settings to "Use Local Folders".
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
Does anyone have any idea why it takes 12 hours to get logos after frodo? it was 5 minutes before Sad
(2013-02-26, 20:32)Martijn Wrote:
(2013-02-25, 03:34)deh2k7 Wrote:
(2013-02-24, 11:06)Martijn Wrote: Wrong

Wow, thanks for the enlightening and respectful response Martjin.

I asked because I am trying to understand, instead of telling where my understanding was wrong, you chose to respond in a rude and thoughtless way.

You contribution to XBMC is appreciated, but it does not give you free reign to abuse people who come and ask questions in a well-thought out and respectful fashion. If you don't have anything to write other than abuse, then follow the forum's rules, and set an example as a member of the XBMC team and don't write it at all.

Well sorry for being honest and what does replying like that has to do with the forum rules......?
AD will always use local files first if you enable it. Like asked time and time and time again all over the forum.

(2013-02-27, 06:40)RockDawg Wrote:
(2013-02-27, 06:05)deh2k7 Wrote: In the end, if one has their own artwork, I still don't understand why we are forced to use an addon to enable the artwork. Things seemed to work pretty well in Frodo without the change.

Amen! I'll never understand why they made Frodo behave this way and I've never seen an explanation. Props to Matijn for creating AD, but I'd rather not be forced to use it as I have my own local artwork for everything and as I mentioned earlier, AD doesn't even work with all the Frodo supported artwork files. This has caused me so much work when all previous versions of XBMC 'just worked' with local artwork. This if definitely two steps back.

Totally agree, am finding that AD is a hit or miss at best. Even with use local artwork chosen half the time it will replace my local image with one it downloads.
Can't quite grasp why Frodo will not just use the artwork within each movie folder rather than having to use an addon to go through some long downloading process for artwork that already exists, with the risk of having your locally stored files replaced with a new one.
Sorry to say this buy you are a bunch of whining children. Always complaining.

The simple answer is that a lot has changed and not all was finished on frodo release. We have a private life that comes first before anything else. Also if its feature freeze time nothing gets added except bug fixes.
So Please stop complaining because im getting a bit tired of it if you know how much time has been spend so far on AD and fanart.tv and XBMC.
I'm doing this for fun fore most and getting not but complaining is so very demotivating.
Just be so greatfull to all the people creating those artwork
13.0 release will get more support. Until then deal with it.

I can go into detail but that wont help nothing at all
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-03-02, 15:23)Songoku Wrote: Does anyone have any idea why it takes 12 hours to get logos after frodo? it was 5 minutes before Sad

Unless you have Use Local Folders enabled AD is probably re-downloading a lot of your artwork. to prevent this and only download artwork for new movies choose the option in AD settings to "Use Local Folders".
(2013-03-02, 17:59)CaptainKen Wrote:
(2013-03-02, 15:23)Songoku Wrote: Does anyone have any idea why it takes 12 hours to get logos after frodo? it was 5 minutes before Sad

Unless you have Use Local Folders enabled AD is probably re-downloading a lot of your artwork. to prevent this and only download artwork for new movies choose the option in AD settings to "Use Local Folders".

Thanks for the reply. So i understand that it is normal to take a lot of time at first is that right?
So at the risk of being flamed for requesting an enhancement, is there any chance of supporting the <movie-name> prefix when importing local artwork (eg. <movie-name>-disc.png, <movie-name>-logo.png etc.) from a single monolithic movie folder, or when downloading that artwork and writing it out?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-03-02, 21:30)Songoku Wrote:
(2013-03-02, 17:59)CaptainKen Wrote:

Thanks for the reply. So i understand that it is normal to take a lot of time at first is that right?

I'm pretty new to AD and Frodo. Been using Eden and just started playing with Frodo on a test system. Yes the first scan will take the longest.
(2013-03-02, 21:52)MilhouseVH Wrote: So at the risk of being flamed for requesting an enhancement, is there any chance of supporting the <movie-name> prefix when importing local artwork (eg. <movie-name>-disc.png, <movie-name>-logo.png etc.) from a single monolithic movie folder, or when downloading that artwork and writing it out?

In time perhaps although it would probably a hit and miss in some cases
(2013-03-02, 22:14)CaptainKen Wrote:
(2013-03-02, 21:30)Songoku Wrote:
(2013-03-02, 17:59)CaptainKen Wrote: Unless you have Use Local Folders enabled AD is probably re-downloading a lot of your artwork. to prevent this and only download artwork for new movies choose the option in AD settings to "Use Local Folders".

I'm pretty new to AD and Frodo. Been using Eden and just started playing with Frodo on a test system. Yes the first scan will take the longest.
Initialy yes. As more gets added in your library it should get faster.
  • 83(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloader18