• 88(current)
Artwork Downloader
Im having issues which were noted earlier that not all disc art is being downloaded...

Id there something i can do or check?

Running it manually doesnt solve this issue either

Thanks
N
(2013-04-04, 12:35)nick w Wrote: Im having issues which were noted earlier that not all disc art is being downloaded...

Id there something i can do or check?

Running it manually doesnt solve this issue either

Thanks
N

It seems as though the only solution is to get the cdart added to fanart.tv. If you have a HD verions (BluRay) there needs to be a BluRay discart and if you dont there needs to be a non BluRay discart. It would be nice if ArtworkDownloader had the option of grabbing whatever was available if what you need is not present but I understand the logic of wanting to get the proper files loaded to fanart.tv.
Hi there

I just upgraded my artwork downloader to 12.0.15 and there seems to be a very serious problem with it. I have tried the option not to download any cdart and I have use local files enabled.

The problem is I cannot select any of my local files from the choose art option as it’s not listed. I then try to get artwork and select cdart any picture and it will overwrite my own designed cdart picture (lucky I had a backup). But only then does the choose art have the cdart local pick option but by this time it’s overwriting my original cdart picture.

I tried the same thing again by enabling the downloaded option and only selecting cdart and use local files and the same thing happens again as above.

The options in the advance are set as

Overwrite all existing artwork is off
Use local files on
All other options off

Under movies I have tried enabling downloading on and off but no matter what I do when I select a picture from the online fanart.com site it over writes my original cdart and then only gives me the new option of choose art work for cdart when I do that.

So

1 why is it overwriting my own designed artwork which I am not happy about
2. Why do I have to rely on a website to activate the option of choosing my own artwork when it’s downloaded a cdart work I don’t even want which also would take space up on my drives?

the only way I can get this to work is to have a disc2.png in the folder as when the artwork overwrites the original disc.png I have to use choose art and then have the option of local art and pick disc2.png as the disc.png has been replaced with something I don’t want.

The older version of this never overwrote the original artwork.

Will there be a fix as it’s totally unusable now as its messing around with my artwork that I designed.

Thanks
(2013-04-01, 14:44)MilhouseVH Wrote: From what I recall of my texture cache, the tvshows all had remote http urls for logos and clearart, and not urls for the local versions that are available in the file system (and yes, "use local files" is enabled). I've since wiped out that particular media library and texture cache and not run AD since, but will try again when time permits (I'm currently trying to diagnose a caching/corruption/crashing issue on the Pi so don't want to mess with my local texture cache too much right now).

By the way I have version 12.0.15 installed, is this the latest version (does it auto update?)

I've now found some time for testing, and come to realise that I had completely misunderstood the "Use local files" option, which explains why I was unhappy with AD dumping files into my file system...

I had though that "Use local files" simply meant that AD would use (as in: read) local files in favour of remote files, but from the observed behaviour of AD, it also means that AD will *create* (ie. write) files whenever they are not present in the local file system. Presumably this is why it is grouped with the "Overwrite all existing artwork..." option on the Advanced tab, but perhaps "Overwrite all existing..." option should be grouped within "Use local files", with the "Overwrite all existing..." only being activated whenever "Use local files" is enabled.

Better still, the behaviour of "Use local files" would be made far less ambiguous by adding an extra option "Create local files for missing artwork" (or words to that effect). This would then mean that "Use local files" means only to use (ie. read) local files if and when they are present, and *never* to create files - that's what the other option would be for.

Apologies for impugning AD, but I really think the behaviour of the first two options on the Advanced tab could be made less ambiguous by the addition of a third option, and would hope you could add this in a future release. It would make AD more flexible[1], while also less confusing.

As for Confluence Modified and the "Download Art" button, it gets a clean bill of health (again sorry, @toiva) as the reason artwork is being downloaded is because of the "Use local files" option.

1. As things stand, I can't use AD in anger because I need movie name prefix support - without it, AD will (with "Use local files" enabled) write the same "logo.png" or "clearart.png" file all over my Movie library and then associate all movies with the same logo/clearart. However, I have logo.png and clearart.png files for my TV Shows, which could be safely used if "Use local files" was a read-only option. So, if the extra third option existed, and without movie-name prefix support, in AD I would enable "Use local fanart" so that my local TV Shows fanart is found and used, but for my movies AD would continue to use remote fanart.

If/when movie-name prefix support is added, I would enable the "Create local files for missing artwork", and the missing movie fanart would be downloaded and written as local files into my library and used in future when re-scraping (thanks to "Use local files" etc.). So by adding the third option, it makes AD more flexible while also eliminating any ambiguity.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
When you set those options, then you run AD and it will scan and use local if it finds it. Using Get Artwork is to download from fanart.tv not to select your local art. to select your local art, you need to choose the Choose Art(press info button on show/movie). There is nothing to fix.

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
(2013-04-05, 01:47)saitoh183 Wrote: When you set those options, then you run AD and it will scan and use local if it finds it.

As I've just explained, that's not how "Use local files" is working - it will also CREATE local files when they are not present. This might be obvious, or it might not (wasn't to me, as I expected it to just read local files if they were there, and use remote files when they were not).

(2013-04-05, 01:47)saitoh183 Wrote: Using Get Artwork is to download from fanart.tv not to select your local art.

You mean "Download Art"?

Again, this isn't how it works - with "Use local files" disabled, clicking on "Download Art" will associate your database with REMOTE references to fanart.tv (ie. http references), which is fine. It's only when "Use local files" is enabled will AD start writing out local files, which may not be desirable in all cases, hence the request for a second option to control the automatic creation of missing local artwork.

(2013-04-05, 01:47)saitoh183 Wrote: to select your local art, you need to choose the Choose Art(press info button on show/movie). There is nothing to fix.

I don't think you're understanding the issue (nor do I think your solution is workable). Sometimes the user may simply not want the automatic CREATION of local files whenever they are missing (as I don't because AD currently creates unusable files), but the user may still want to USE local files whenever they are available. There needs to be a second option to cater for this situation, as the current single option is not sufficient.

In terms of a potential GUI, the controls probably need to be grouped as follows:

Code:
Use local files when available   [ ]   <-- Controls READING of local files
   Create missing local files    [ ]   <-- Controls WRITING of local files
   Overwrite all local files     [ ]   <-- One-off option, reset after run

The two "sub-controls" would only be activated when "Use local files" is enabled.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-04-05, 01:36)meridius Wrote: Hi there

I just upgraded my artwork downloader to 12.0.15 and there seems to be a very serious problem with it. I have tried the option not to download any cdart and I have use local files enabled.

The problem is I cannot select any of my local files from the choose art option as it’s not listed. I then try to get artwork and select cdart any picture and it will overwrite my own designed cdart picture (lucky I had a backup). But only then does the choose art have the cdart local pick option but by this time it’s overwriting my original cdart picture.

I tried the same thing again by enabling the downloaded option and only selecting cdart and use local files and the same thing happens again as above.

The options in the advance are set as

Overwrite all existing artwork is off
Use local files on
All other options off

Under movies I have tried enabling downloading on and off but no matter what I do when I select a picture from the online fanart.com site it over writes my original cdart and then only gives me the new option of choose art work for cdart when I do that.

So

1 why is it overwriting my own designed artwork which I am not happy about
2. Why do I have to rely on a website to activate the option of choosing my own artwork when it’s downloaded a cdart work I don’t even want which also would take space up on my drives?

the only way I can get this to work is to have a disc2.png in the folder as when the artwork overwrites the original disc.png I have to use choose art and then have the option of local art and pick disc2.png as the disc.png has been replaced with something I don’t want.

The older version of this never overwrote the original artwork.

Will there be a fix as it’s totally unusable now as its messing around with my artwork that I designed.

Thanks

anyone need to get my library sorted and can not sort anything out at the moment
Hi there,

I'd appreciate help explaining what could possibly be wrong in my configuration:

1) Local cd art files as "movie name-discart.png" present within each movie folder
2) Configuration of AD set to use local files
3) Using XBMC Frodo 12.1 and AD 12.0.15

My local cdart is not been recognised by AD at all. I don't have an option for selecting specific local art, except if AD previously downloaded cdart works or other kind of artworks for a particular movie. Only then it shows the option to use local source for that particular type of artwork.

I rely hugely on local files because there is one set-up of XBMC I have here that do not connect to internet.

Thanks! CF
(2013-04-07, 00:44)capfuturo Wrote: Hi there,

I'd appreciate help explaining what could possibly be wrong in my configuration:

1) Using local cd art files as "movie name-discart.png" within each movie folder

My local cdart is not been recognised by AD at all. I don't have an option for selecting specific local art either.

I rely hugely on local files because there is one set-up of XBMC I have here that do not connect to internet.

Thanks! CF

Did you run Artwork Downloader after you configured it?
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert

1) Local cd art files as "movie name-discart.png" present within each movie folder

My local cdart is not been recognised by AD at all. I don't have an option for selecting specific local art, except if AD previously downloaded cdart works or other kind of artworks for a particular movie. Only then it shows the option to use local source for that particular type of artwork.

Thanks! CF

AD does not yet support artwork using the movie-name prefix.

That is the important point. Had the same problems with that, using 2 computers with a NAS-System. I choose the export-function of the XBMC-menu on the 1st one. It created all files with that prefix, so AD wasnt able to find it on the 2nd computer....working perfect without that prefix for me.
(2013-04-07, 01:43)CaptainKen Wrote:

1) Using local cd art files as "movie name-discart.png" within each movie folder

My local cdart is not been recognised by AD at all. I don't have an option for selecting specific local art either.

Thanks! CF

Did you run Artwork Downloader after you configured it?

(2013-04-07, 14:01)MilhouseVH Wrote:

Thanks! CF

(2013-04-07, 22:18)Kars1072 Wrote: AD does not yet support artwork using the movie-name prefix.

That is the important point. Had the same problems with that, using 2 computers with a NAS-System. I choose the export-function of the XBMC-menu on the 1st one. It created all files with that prefix, so AD wasnt able to find it on the 2nd computer....working perfect without that prefix for me.

Thank you MilhouseVH, CaptainKen & Kars1072,

I was able to fix this issue by avoiding the use of the prefixes, as you have suggested.

It is curious, however, that the option for browsing and selecting specific types of artwork, stored somewhere else within our local sources, is unveiled only and once a file of that type of artwork has been placed in the movie directory manually or via AD.

Best, CF
I don't think it's an A.D. issue but as you are part of XBMC team and you are working hard on Gotham, I hope that XBMC 13 will handle this kind of import / export well Wink

Here is my folder with initials files for a movie :

So local discart is named disc.png as expected.

After scanning my library with Artwork Downloader to use local disc.png and exporting it to separated files, new files were generated :

So 2 new files are created : -discart.png and -poster.png. I guess -discart.png is created because A.D. have added this image to XBMC artwork database.

But exported disc art is smaller than original one :

Image Image
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
Presumably this is being caused by your <imageres> settings - check your advancedsettings.xml, and if you haven't created one, check if there is a system default one being used, and failing that, the default is 720. Solution is to specify a larger value in your own advancedsettings.xml file.

Interesting that the export creates movie-prefixed names for some of the AD sourced artwork, which AD can't then read back in... Sad
Thanks for the tip.

I have try with this advancedsettings.xml

Code:
<advancedsettings>
   <imageres>1000</imageres>
</advancedsettings>

But exported -discart.png is still 720x720 PNG
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
  • 88(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloader18