• 94(current)
Artwork Downloader
Hello Martijn,

Interesting discussion. I too am still trying to fully understand 'the new way of working' of Artwork Downloader. Like Jolt says, loading of local content (I'm one of those few who keep everything local :-) would be a big plus. But as I understand it, this was not possible anymore due to changes in FRODO (compared to EDEN), right? Because AD used to be able to load local content ...

Anyway, absolutely no criticism to AD. Amazing tool, and it has almost completely replaced Ember Media Manager for me ;-)

Cheers,
Grave
The Confluence Modified skin will run AD after a library scan.

@Martijn: Has there been any progress on adding support for movie-name prefix as this would virtually eliminate fanart.tv traffic from my location! Smile

Also Martijn - just wondering if you agree/disagree with my observations in this post?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Cleaning up first after 2 years then i'll take a look Wink
https://github.com/XBMC-Addons/script.ar...6...master
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I have AD configured to download only Movie and TV Show logos. When I run it (either on a single movie or for all it entries) it will return a report saying it has successfully downloaded X amount of artwork, but then there's nothing there.

I've also checked my individual movie folders, and there's no logo.png, despite AD telling me it has successfully downloaded artwork for the specific movie.

I have successfully used AD in the past in XBMC Eden, and my folders are set up properly. I'm using the Fusion Migma V3 skin.

Log: http://pastebin.com/4vgpVwVT
It was mentioned in general support when i asked a question if there was a way to export a excel document/ or file to open in excel where i could see what is missing as far as each artwork type for each movie. I was told that artworkdownloader could actually do this. If someone could point me in the right direction that would be great. As i would like to request or make my own artwork for the missing stuff. I would like to have each possible artwork type for all my movies....just a little OCDish ha.
HTPC Basement: i3 3225, Asrock z77 pro4m, 8gb Crucial DDR3 1600, Samsung 840 120gb SSD, Silverstone GD05B Case

HTPC Livingroom: WIP

Server: UnRaid: Intel G550, Asrock B75 pro3m, 4gb ram, Parity Drive 3tb WD Red, Data 2 x 2tb WD Red, Cache 1tb WD Blue, Fractal Design XL R2 Case
Run AD for movies/tvshows, then look in .xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.artwork.downloader and parse "downloadreport.txt" which looks similar to the following:

Code:
[B]Artwork Downloader:[/B]
- Time of finish: 10 May 2013 - 05:13
[B]Downloaded:[/B]
- Total Artwork: 0
[B]Failed items:[/B]
- [2010: The Year We Make Contact] clearart not found!
- [22 Bullets] clearart not found!
- [24 Hour Party People] clearart not found!
- [A View from a Hill] clearart not found!
- [A View from a Hill] clearlogo not found!
- [A Warning to the Curious] clearart not found!
- [A Warning to the Curious] clearlogo not found!
- [Ali] clearart not found!
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
OK, here's what I got when I tried to download the logo for Stand Up Guys. I downloaded it manually, and the OSD said the artwork was successfully downloaded, but I can't see the logo, and it's not in my Stand Up Guys folder.

Code:
- Time of finish: 12 May 2013 - 08:21
- Total Artwork: 1
- Logo: 1
- No failed or missing items found

(2013-05-12, 14:27)Tomahawk Wrote: OK, here's what I got when I tried to download the logo for Stand Up Guys. I downloaded it manually, and the OSD said the artwork was successfully downloaded, but I can't see the logo, and it's not in my Stand Up Guys folder.

Code:
- Time of finish: 12 May 2013 - 08:21
- Total Artwork: 1
- Logo: 1
- No failed or missing items found

Have you enabled Use Local Files in the advanced section of the AD addon settings?
Until I turned this on no artwork files were stored in my folders!
Quote:Have you enabled Use Local Files in the advanced section of the AD addon settings?
Until I turned this on no artwork files were stored in my folders!

Duh. Confused

That must be it. I saw that option and it was set to "off" and I left it that way, because I thought that by default AD could only save artwork to individual folders (AD has a warning message that says: Each TV Show/Movie must have its own folder!).

I'll turn it on and post back. Thanks cw-kid.
Yup, that fixed it! Thanks Smile

Just out of curiosity, I ran AD two days ago before checking "Use Local Files," and it reported that it had downloaded about 1,400 logos.

Where would they have been saved, if they're not in the individual folders?
(2013-05-12, 15:15)Tomahawk Wrote: Yup, that fixed it! Thanks Smile

Just out of curiosity, I ran AD two days ago before checking "Use Local Files," and it reported that it had downloaded about 1,400 logos.

Sorry I'm not sure where they get stored.

Can you confirm if AD downloads fanart and poster images to the folder in Solo and Auto mode?
It does not for me but downloads all the other images OK.

Not sure if this is by design or a problem?

Thanks
Hmmm, actually AD is still behaving a bit strangely, even after setting Use Local Files.

For example, the automated search didn't fetch a logo for One Hour Photo, but I did a manual search and found two logos, one of which I was able to download without any problems.

My hunch is that when AD downloaded 1,400 logos two days ago (before I set it to Use Local Files) that it stored them somewhere, and is therefore assuming that it doesn't have to download them again, even though I can't see the logo in XBMC and it doesn't appear in the movie folder (??).

I just haven't been able to find these 1,400 logos anywhere on my computer ...

Quote:Can you confirm if AD downloads fanart and poster images to the folder in Solo and Auto mode?

I was able to download the poster for Side Effects in solo mode. I didn't try auto mode.
(2013-05-12, 15:15)Tomahawk Wrote: Just out of curiosity, I ran AD two days ago before checking "Use Local Files," and it reported that it had downloaded about 1,400 logos.

If you leave "Use Local Files" unticked, AD won't actually "download" anything - it will simply associate the remote URLs of the logos (and clearart, discart, whatever) with each movie/tvshow - it only actually downloads artwork when it needs to write something to the local filesystem.

You can see which artwork urls (local, or remote) are associated with your movies/tvshows by querying your media library with this script. You'll also find that most of your 1,400 movies need their logo artwork to be cached, and the same script will take care of that for you too.

If you want AD to re-download all of your 1400 logos and create logo.png files, you'll probably need to select both "Use Local files" AND "Overwrite all existing artwork", though this is just a guess.
Thanks Milhouse.

I'll try your overwrite solution, because right now I don't understand why I can find and download logos manually, but AD won't do it when I run the automated scan. Perhaps is the URL association, as you suggested.
Pretty sure it will only download something (and subsequently write it to the file system) when "Use Local files" is ticked - manual (you mean AD from the Info page?) and automated (running AD from Programs?) shouldn't make a difference (at least, not in theory).

Of course if there is already a remote logo URL associated with a movie, then running a manual or automatic download won't download anything as AD will determine that there is no need to perform any updates, that's why you need to select the Overwrite option. Selecting a different logo during the manual update to the one selected during the automatic update will allow you to replace the current logo. Some of those associated remote URLs may also no longer be accessible (artwork removed from fanart.tv, or temporary web site issues), which may give the impression that a logo hasn't found as you won't see the logo in the GUI - the only way to know for sure is by querying the media library to see what artwork has been associated (eg. "texturecahce.py jd movies").
  • 94(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloader18