• 101(current)
Artwork Downloader
That's the one, aaahhhh, I was hoping not to ever see it again!!! Big Grin

Sorry for calling it a bug in this addon
(2013-06-29, 01:05)ArieS Wrote:
(2013-06-27, 12:32)Rastan Wrote:
(2013-06-25, 17:50)PogMoThoin Wrote: I have battled with this bug and got nowhere. It's only affecting Movie logo.pngs, all other artwork, extrafanart, banner, clearart and disc downloads fine as does all artwork for TV Shows. I've rebuilt the database several times. Anyone have any ideas?

Edit, I now think it's adding this image as a default image when there is no image available for download.

I just wanted to add that I have been experiencing the same behaviour. I too have noticed that AD adds the same wrong logo.png to any movie that has no logo on fanart TV. I am at a loss on how to solve it. I can give a debug log if needed. Be warned I have a very large collection so I am guessing the log will be big.
Someone uploaded this logo which was not assigned to a movie ID (not sure how the hell he was able to do that) and another mod approved it. As soon as I noticed it I denied the images (both SD and HD) hoping that this logo would stop popping up but it seems it's still here. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do in this case.
I do apologize for the troubles this causes, though.

I thought maybe that might be the case. The mods at fanart.tv, yourself included are doing an excellent job. The amount of artwork you guys approve and reject on a daily basis is phenomenal, so I guess mistakes will crop up now and again. I will run a full scan in a few days when I feel brave enough. Hopefully the misplaced logo will be gone by then Wink

Thanks for clearing it up Big Grin
Banners, clearart, disc, landscape, logo... all files are copied to movie folder, except the poster.. though it display fine in library. Any idea people?
I wish to have Rotten Tomatoes (user+critics) + IMDB both ratings display in skin.
(2013-06-16, 19:06)[Tahini] Wrote:
(2013-06-03, 19:22)tesona1977 Wrote: same here.

you run in a big loop where artwork downloader ask for "gui download" of all artwork available....for all movies. the only way out is to run through all 200-1000 movies by hitting esc 200-1000 times...or you escape this loop by sigkilling xbmc

nasty bug that happens from time to time

So, Martijn, is this a bug in the add-on or an incorrect implementation in the skin (in my case Aeon Nox)?

I think I am onto something about this... In fact I think I might have found the cause of the issue...

This is what I've noticed:
When I add new movies/TV shows to XBMC I add them one by one from the Files view (to be precise: from custom Files nodes in the Movies/TV Shows menus on Aeon Nox 4.0). From the Files view I go to the new item's entry in the files/folders list, I press "i", XBMC scans the file and it adds it to my collection. It also opens automatically the entry of the movie I just added (i.e. this view here http://i.imgur.com/M5Ajpw8.jpg). So far nothing wrong. However I am used to immediately access Artwork Downloader from there, to get banners, logos, posters and what not. That's when I encounter the issue above, at least 90% of the times.
However yesterday evening I've noticed that if I refrain from launching AD immediately, exit the scanned item view and the Files view back to Main Menu and from there I access the Movie or TV Shows menu, go to any movie or TV show and launch AD, the issue doesnt present itself.
I will need more testing to verify the find... is it an actual issue in AD, an incorrect implementation in Aeon Nox or just a case of misusage on my side? I would think that if I am on an item's entry view and I fire AD from there, I should get the same result, regardless of how I have gotten to the page....
(2013-07-04, 00:15)tinybutstrong Wrote: Banners, clearart, disc, landscape, logo... all files are copied to movie folder, except the poster.. though it display fine in library. Any idea people?

Only way I could get AD to download Posters and Fanart in to the movies folders on the server was to enable the over write existing artwork option in the AD settings and then run it again.
(2013-07-04, 20:25)cw-kid Wrote: Only way I could get AD to download Posters and Fanart in to the movies folders on the server was to enable the over write existing artwork option in the AD settings and then run it again.

Does this keep the local ones or overwrite with new?
(2013-07-04, 20:28)PogMoThoin Wrote:
(2013-07-04, 20:25)cw-kid Wrote: Only way I could get AD to download Posters and Fanart in to the movies folders on the server was to enable the over write existing artwork option in the AD settings and then run it again.

Does this keep the local ones or overwrite with new?

I didn't have existing Poster.jpg images in each movies folder so not totally sure. I would imagine you would need to rebuild the movies library for the Universal Movie scraper / XBMC to then use / display the posters downloaded by Artwork Downloader.

I don't know why AD doesn't download posters / fanart as it downloads all the other types of artwork images OK.
I have been having a ongoing issue with AD, it will not download Banners.

The option is selected, and no limits are enabled.

I can not use pastebin as this log file is far over the size limit (its 3MB!)

I am currently on XBMC 13(alpha 5), but this issue has been happening as far back as 11 for me.

Here is a direct link to the log file.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3237434/xbmc.log
TheTVDB.com moderator
I added a new default pt lang poster last week for the movie Olympus Has Fallen to TMDB, but running every day artwork download in gui mode, it never updated the list.

Checking manually the tmdb api, I can see my uploaded poster:

Code:
http://api.themoviedb.org/3/movie/117263?api_key=[YOUR_API_KEY_HERE]&language=pt

http://d3gtl9l2a4fn1j.cloudfront.net/t/p...02xnB8.jpg

How I can force the addon to update the poster list?
I wish to have Rotten Tomatoes (user+critics) + IMDB both ratings display in skin.
(2013-07-10, 17:30)capfuturo Wrote: Hello XBMC fellows,

This is something setting us all back in progressing with XBMC usability. Actually the way things work at the moment regarding scraping is disappointing to me, and not even mention the fact that there is no one-step command to force a true "re-scrape and replace" different than remove source or change content and reinstate (If you have hundreds of movies, good luck!). I will give you 2 examples:

1) Movie Collection: Red Cliff Collection.
XBMC set up with Universal and TMDB scrappers to scrape everything from TMDB only, retrieved neither posters nor backdrops for the collection, so XBMC shows instead the poster and backdrop for Red Cliff Part I. Fair enough and good, since there was actually nobody had uploaded posters or backdrops for the collection in TMDB. After realising this, I uploaded a poster for the collection, and what happened? Nothing. No matter what one does in XBMC or how long one waits, one gets no updated posters or backdrops whatsoever, or a way to manually download them from within XBMC using. This is wrong, because nobody around the world can get any reference to the thousands of cumulative hours spent by all of us editing this type of new images and information within TMDB to share with the community. It is useless. Then what happens? One is forced to use local NFO files and images to fix all this, and once that is done, there is no more editing in TMDB to share with the community or a way to double check if the missing info has been uploaded or the issue fixed within XBMC. Nobody cares anymore once local files are in charge of a beautiful user interface.

This is even worse:

2) Chopin: La Dame Aux Camélias

This Blu-Ray movie wasn't showing in IMDB or TMDB yet. So I added all the info in TMDB since to add something new to IMDB is a true and long pain, which only reminded me of my application for my first tourist visa to U.S.A back in the '90s and all the tedious bureaucratic nonsense. I just went through the process of adding the film "Attenborough: 60 Years in the Wild" to the IMDB because, guess what?! Nobody, not even BBC had the dedication to add it to IMDB when it was released last year. I yet have to see confirmation of the addition.

I completed all the info for La Dame Aux Camélias in TMDB, however XBMC and its scraper only shows the title, length and plot. No director, writer, poster, actors thumbs or backdrop. WhyHuhHuh? Can't figure it out at all. Then tried to download extra art with artwork downloader, with configuration set to retrieve posters and images from TMDB, and it showed it can't find ID!! What do I do then and how all this info is going to be shared with the rest of the community via TMDB?? I don't want to thing my efforts inputting new info are waisted.

Anybody could give me a good reason why continuing waisting my time editing all this precious information in TMDB for all of us to share, instead of just editing my local files only from now on? Anybody with a solution to this? If I am missing something I would be grateful to be shown what is it and how to fix it.

Best wishes,

CF

(2013-07-10, 18:04)PatK Wrote: capfuturo you pointed out some issues that need wider exposure, unfortunately you buried them in a 'movie set' thread issue. Not many who have some of the answers will see this message and more notably your posting would be better handled and placed with the people who look after the movie database. I suggest a simple cut & paste of this message to their forums if they have such. I'm sympathetic to the issues you bring forth, but just pointing out this mistake changes little, there really needs to be a ground swell of interest and effort beyond a buried post. As I understand the very existence of these movie image databases are in some jeopardy and you might say a tipping point has to be reached before issues such as this can be addressed.

If you are committed into helping this situation, I suggest you carry your ideas ahead with those that manage these resources and ask how you may best be of assistance.

Well, above the copy and paste PatK suggested me to do on thread found here, post #8 .

UPDATE: I am sharing with you the API look up (below) for "La Dame Aux Camélias" which clearly shows it finds a poster, however no references (NULL values) to backdrop, language, director, cast or writer, even though they show up on the movie's webpage on TMDB. Artwork downloader throws the following message: "no provider ID found looking up artwork". There is a TMDB ID but, as I said before, there is no IMDB ID. If artwork downloader is expecting to do its job only when a IMDB ID is found, then this is helpless; it can't be like this, because there are so many movies with a TMDB ID but without a IMDB ID, right?

Thanks,

CF

API results:
{"adult":false,"backdrop_path":null,"belongs_to_collection":null,"budget":0,"genres":[{"id":18,"name":"Drama"},{"id":10749,"name":"Romance"}],"homepage":"","id":206287,"imdb_id":null,"original_title":"Chopin: La Dame Aux Camélias","overview":"Ballet in a prologue and three acts based on the novel by Alexandre Dumas fils; music by Chopin. The passionate tale of Marguerite Gautier and Armand Duval unfolds ingeniously through a drama-within-a-drama as they meet at the theatre during a performance of Manon Lescaut. So begin their romantic adventures in Paris, brought to life by Neumeier’s intense and refined choreographic language. Chopin’s ravishing music highlights this exceptional neo-classical ballet, featuring the star dancers of the Paris Opéra Ballet. This lavish production, filmed live at the Palais Garnier in High Definition and full surround sound, is all about love, passion, danger and glorious dancing from one of the best ballet companies in the world. John Neumeier has created a ballet in which emotions go crescendo … Agnes Letestu, the great dramatic heroine, triumphs in this ballet danced to music by Chopin.","popularity":0.0,"poster_path":"/2LRT7u8QI3gFbCyhgYltBKOhgPg.jpg","production_companies":[{"name":"Opéra National de Paris","id":15355},{"name":"LGM Productions","id":2490},{"name":"France 3 Cinéma","id":591},{"name":"Centre National de la Cinématographie","id":310}],"production_countries":[{"iso_3166_1":"FR","name":"France"}],"release_date":"2009-04-26","revenue":0,"runtime":191,"spoken_languages":[{"iso_639_1":"xx","name":"No Language"}],"status":"Released","tagline":"","title":"Chopin: La Dame Aux Camélias","vote_average":10.0,"vote_count":1}
So I take it my xbmc will now show Escape Plan for everymovie without a logo?
(2013-07-04, 08:29)[Tahini] Wrote: However yesterday evening I've noticed that if I refrain from launching AD immediately, exit the scanned item view and the Files view back to Main Menu and from there I access the Movie or TV Shows menu, go to any movie or TV show and launch AD, the issue doesnt present itself.
I will need more testing to verify the find... is it an actual issue in AD, an incorrect implementation in Aeon Nox or just a case of misusage on my side? I would think that if I am on an item's entry view and I fire AD from there, I should get the same result, regardless of how I have gotten to the page....

Ok I've been testing it for a while and my suspicions were grounded, the issue presents itself when AD is launched from within the item page after having accessed it in the files view. Otherwise, everything is fine. In fact I would say now that the issue has a repro rate of 100% in the first case and 0% in the other.

So I'm asking again, is it an incorrect implementation in the Aeon Nox skin or is it a bug in the add-on? If it is the first I'll report it in the Aeon Nox forum... if it is the second, is it easy to fix?
Martijn, can you give us a proper response about the poster and fanart download question?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1456171

Don't think the suggestion by cw-kid to overwriting files is the correct way: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1456799

Why these files are not copied to movie folder like all other media (logo, artwork, etc.)? And the possibility to make it possible in the next version.
(2013-07-24, 15:04)tinybutstrong Wrote: Martijn, can you give us a proper response about the poster and fanart download question?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1456171

Don't think the suggestion by cw-kid to overwriting files is the correct way: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1456799

Why these files are not copied to movie folder like all other media (logo, artwork, etc.)? And the possibility to make it possible in the next version.

+1

I would love to know how to get AD to download Poster.jpg and Fanart.jpg in to each movies folder?

I can only get it to download poster images if I turn on that Overwrite setting first before running AD. I don't think fanart downloads at all for me with AD, need to test again I forget now.

Thanks.
(2013-07-11, 09:28)[Tahini] Wrote:
(2013-07-04, 08:29)[Tahini] Wrote: However yesterday evening I've noticed that if I refrain from launching AD immediately, exit the scanned item view and the Files view back to Main Menu and from there I access the Movie or TV Shows menu, go to any movie or TV show and launch AD, the issue doesnt present itself.

Ok I've been testing it for a while and my suspicions were grounded, the issue presents itself when AD is launched from within the item page after having accessed it in the files view. Otherwise, everything is fine. In fact I would say now that the issue has a repro rate of 100% in the first case and 0% in the other.

So I'm asking again, is it an incorrect implementation in the Aeon Nox skin or is it a bug in the add-on? If it is the first I'll report it in the Aeon Nox forum... if it is the second, is it easy to fix?

I don't know much about AD, but I did implement it in a skin once and this sounds like it is being called in the wrong way from that view.
That would be a skin issue.
  • 101(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloader18