• 102(current)
Artwork Downloader
Is there any chance to add an option to select which folders get scanned as somehow when I used the add-on to scan my folders, rather than add artwork to the movies in my "Anime Films" folder, it somehow added the relevant information from the "Anime Movies" folder for each movie to the Movies folder and added artwork to them instead!

In other words, I'm worried that the same thing's going to happen to the other files in my custom sources that I hope to use for smart playlists, especially as I have a lot of anime TV shows and OAV's that I want to add artwork to.
(2013-07-24, 16:44)Kibje Wrote: I don't know much about AD, but I did implement it in a skin once and this sounds like it is being called in the wrong way from that view.
That would be a skin issue.

Thx Kibje for the insight. I am also inclined to think the issue is on skin's side, although I dont know much about coding. I will post in Aeon Nox forum and let's see if I get any comment. Will let you people know.
(2013-08-02, 08:40)[Tahini] Wrote:
(2013-07-24, 16:44)Kibje Wrote: I don't know much about AD, but I did implement it in a skin once and this sounds like it is being called in the wrong way from that view.
That would be a skin issue.

Thx Kibje for the insight. I am also inclined to think the issue is on skin's side, although I dont know much about coding. I will post in Aeon Nox forum and let's see if I get any comment. Will let you people know.

There is nothing wrong with Aeon Nox!
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-08-02, 08:48)Martijn Wrote: There is nothing wrong with Aeon Nox!

Well, considering that I dont have any weird configuration on my Xbmc and I have not tampered with the script nor changed its settings in any way, I am very much inclined to think the issue is either in the script itself or the way it is implemented in Aeon Nox skin. It could be for example that the skin calls for the script in bulk mode instead of solo mode when the item to be scanned is accessed from Files view. I cant be sure, this is why I'd like to post on Aeon Nox's forum and let's see what they answer. Do you have anything against it?
Is my impression or Martijn is really ignoring our question about poster download?
I wish to have Rotten Tomatoes (user+critics) + IMDB both ratings display in skin.
Can anyone explain why the movie A Cinderella Story: Once Upon a Song is being assigned the clearlogo for Jurassic Park Collection?

There is only one artwork item for this movie on fanart.tv - disc art - and no logos.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-08-04, 08:10)MilhouseVH Wrote: Can anyone explain why the movie A Cinderella Story: Once Upon a Song is being assigned the clearlogo for Jurassic Park Collection?

There is only one artwork item for this movie on fanart.tv - disc art - and no logos.

might already been fixed by now on the website since the logo isn't there anymore.
delete the common.db from userdata (wiki) en try that movie again.
this happens when somehow the logo is uploaded without the movie id and they can't figure out how that happens. when it does it ends up in all the JSON request for all movies as the first logo. sadly nothing i can fix
(2013-08-04, 10:19)Martijn Wrote: might already been fixed by now on the website since the logo isn't there anymore.
delete the common.db from userdata (wiki) en try that movie again.
this happens when somehow the logo is uploaded without the movie id and they can't figure out how that happens. when it does it ends up in all the JSON request for all movies as the first logo. sadly nothing i can fix

Thanks Martijn.

I removed the logo for that particular movie and although the logo no longer exists on the website it was still being assigned by AD. I then removed ./addon_data/script.common.plugin.cache/commoncache.db and restarted XBMC, ran AD again, but it still pulls in that logo! commoncache.db hasn't been recreated, either.

I guess it remains a website issue despite the logo being removed?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
hmm
could be that the db has been moved to another place. try looking the xbmc/temp folder or something.
also try the JSON request manually (you can find it in the log) and see if the logo is still there.
(2013-08-04, 16:48)Martijn Wrote: hmm
could be that the db has been moved to another place. try looking the xbmc/temp folder or something.
also try the JSON request manually (you can find it in the log) and see if the logo is still there.

Yes, commoncache.db has now moved to temp.

OK, so removing commoncache.db from temp did the trick - AD no longer finds the logo (and commoncache.db is being re-created).

For reference, this is the JSON call: http://api.fanart.tv/webservice/movie/58...n/all/1/2/

Many thanks.
As of today the artwork downloader has blown up on me on every machine I have.

here is a debug log from the machine that my media is local too (which should eliminate any network issues):
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=44415

It seems to be for any show that I already have an nfo file and that i don't let xbmc scrape itself.
Well, you're not the only one. It never picks up new season posters or other new local artwork for me. I have to delete a given TV series and re-scrape it to have the artwork get picked up.

The change with artwork within XBMC has made managing and keeping artwork up to date in XBMC a royal PITA.
I seem to have figured out my issue. My primary scraper is Media Center Master. It has a "feature" that fills the nfo file with "-1"s to try to keep XBMC from re-scraping. This seems to also affect the artwork downloader, in that it is hung up on one of these -1's, and refuses to download any artwork for the TV Show or Movie. I disabled this feature, deleted out all of my metadata and art, re-ran MCM across all of it again, and then ha dto go back and manuallty edit all my sets back together. After doing all of that.... the damn thing worked again.

So ya, my issue was with my nfo scraper (which I am forced to use, since letting XBMC scrape my movies kills off any chance of using movie sets).
Would it be possible for downloaded artwork to be separated into different folders based on smart playlists? In some skins that allow you to set a custom folder for background images, it would be great if "Kids Shows" could be set to only show art from those.
I actually create my own folders for this purpose, and then point the custom background folder to it. I downloaded like 50 or so 1920x1080p wallpapers from kids movies and fanart sources, dumped them ina folder on the shared network, and I point all my clients to them. I then did the same thing for my Kid's TV video node.
  • 102(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloader18