• 110(current)
Artwork Downloader
Can anyone tell me the address to the latest github? Here's the link I have: https://github.com/XBMC-Addons/script.ar...downloader

Office: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 50"                         \  Movies: 2734
Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(2013-09-04, 07:15)Martijn Wrote:
(2013-09-02, 15:40)jurialmunkey Wrote: From further tests, I've narrowed down the issue to calling the gui directly for specific artwork types. For instance:

RunScript(script.artwork.downloader,mode=gui,mediatype=movie,dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID],poster)

^^ this causes an error when trying to download a new poster, whereas if I run the gui without the bold part then navigate to poster and select a new poster it will download properly.

Martijn, is the ability to call the gui directly for specific artwork types no longer supported?

Try github code

Appears to be all working properly now. I tested posters, fanart, landscape, logo and banners for both movies and tvshows -- didn't see any errors and all downloaded fine.

Thanks! Smile
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
I launched Artwork Downloader from the program section of xbmc and let it download all the missing artworks for my movies. For most of the movies it hasn't download all the artwork available. For example, for 6 bullets it has download extrafanart, extrathumbs, logo.png and poster.png. All the other artwork are missing but if I run the addon in GUI mode I can see that also the disc and banner are available but have not been downloaded maybe because were without any rating.

At first I thought that was a rating problem so I set Minimum rating to 0 and runned the addon for a second time from the programs but it hasn't downloaded anything new.

What am I missing?

edit: here are some screenshot for helping explain my problem:

This is what has been downloaded for 6 Bullets:
http://i.imgur.com/SpDrVMP.png

Here running Artwork Downloader in GUI mode for 6 Bullets, as you can see there is a cd art available that hasn't been downloaded:
http://i.imgur.com/79cDt60.png

These are the Artwork Downloader setting I'm using:
- General http://i.imgur.com/D5fcqLL.png
- Limit Artwork http://i.imgur.com/Hhkf0Mb.png
- Movies http://i.imgur.com/BFY5XwQ.png
- Advanced http://i.imgur.com/FZzJEnu.png
(2013-09-04, 15:11)davew_uk Wrote: I've been having the same problem the latest update I think. I got around it by turning off "limit artwork", and then just deleted the extrafanarts I didn't like.

this trick works for me... but now I have tons of artworks.....about 2500....SadConfused
Hello

So i seem to have a problem i'm having a hard time solving myself.
Every time, and on every file, be it a tv show or a movie, when i try to use the GUI to download a piece of artwork, i can see a preview of all the artwork but when i choose one the script fails.
I've tried to google the error from the debug log with no luck, so maybe one of you guys can help me out!

Debug log with debug turned on in the addon menu: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=56790

Thanks in advance!
(2013-08-31, 17:17)Tomkun Wrote: Is it possible to make Artwork Downloader only use local artwork and not use online at all?

Same question here.

Should the downloader find and use local files (for example logo.png) if all downloads are disabled and local files are enabled?
If yes, this does at least not work in my setting (openelec 3.1.7 + artwork downloader 12.0.18)
I don't think that "Use local files" option is a "Use local file ONLY" option.

If you don't enable some artwork for download, A.D. will not use local file.
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
(2013-09-11, 10:36)mikebzh44 Wrote: I don't think that "Use local files" option is a "Use local file ONLY" option.

If you don't enable some artwork for download, A.D. will not use local file.

Ok, i will test this.

But i think for all users who has their video sources managed manually (nfo files, covers, artwork, ...) it would be the best if the artwork downloader use all local files he found (if use local files is enabled) and download all selected types of artwork (if download is enabled).
Maybe this gets considered in a later release.
Yes, or maybe we have to wait for XBMC 13 Gotham, using artwork (<movie>-discart.png, ...) when scanning (like <movie>-poster.jpg or <movie>-fanart.jpg) is on the todo list Wink

We just have to hope that developpers have enough spare time to do it (crossing fingers).

maybe... oh wait it already does that....

Quote:Is it possible to make Artwork Downloader only use local artwork and not use online at all?
never gonna happen.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
hi all

using xbmc 12.2 and artwork downloader but i can not figure out why artwork downloader can not load in

local saved image called
moviename (1962) (1080p Blu-ray)-(DTS-HD MA 5.1)-discart

why does it need to look for disc.png ? as when you export a library xbmc will save the disc.png as Moviename (1962) (1080p Blu-ray)-(DTS-HD MA 5.1)-discart

what i am saying is why does artwork downloader not look for these first then if it can not find Moviename (1962) (1080p Blu-ray)-(DTS-HD MA 5.1)-discart it falls back onto disc.png ?

as you always will need to versions of the same picture as artwork downloader will look for and inport them from the local drive to xbmc

disc.png
clearart.png
logo.png

but then when you export a library xbmc will save them as

Moviename (1962) (1080p Blu-ray)-(DTS-HD MA 5.1)-discart
Moviename (1962) (1080p Blu-ray)-(DTS-HD MA 5.1)-clearlogo
Moviename (1962) (1080p Blu-ray)-(DTS-HD MA 5.1)-clearart

so now you have two versions of the same picture. why can artwork downloader not use the same file format as xbmc local so when you do export the library it will not need to save them as there already there.

i need to use export my library and pictures as this is what i use to export all my thumbs and pictures for my tv shows so i have no option not to use that.

i just think artwork downloader should try and find

first and if that fails should then check for

disc.png
clearart.png
logo.png

i hope you understand what i mean

any help on this

cheers
(2013-09-11, 11:31)Martijn Wrote: maybe... oh wait it already does that....
Hi Martijn.

Did you mean that in latest nightly XBMC Gotham build, when scanning for new contents, XBMC will automatically use <movie>-disc.art (and other fanart files) and register it into database, like <movie>-poster.jpg in Frodo and Gotham.

Because this feature is not available in XBMC Alpha 7.

I will download latest Gotham build to test but if it's work, it' will be a VERY GOOD news !!!

No that is not what i said
Sorry, my english is worse than your joke Big Grin

So what A.D. or XBMC already does that ?

(2013-09-11, 16:13)meridius Wrote: hi all

using xbmc 12.2 and artwork downloader but i can not figure out why artwork downloader can not load in

local saved image called
moviename (1962) (1080p Blu-ray)-(DTS-HD MA 5.1)-discart

why does it need to look for disc.png ? as when you export a library xbmc will save the disc.png as Moviename (1962) (1080p Blu-ray)-(DTS-HD MA 5.1)-discart

what i am saying is why does artwork downloader not look for these first then if it can not find Moviename (1962) (1080p Blu-ray)-(DTS-HD MA 5.1)-discart it falls back onto disc.png ?

as you always will need to versions of the same picture as artwork downloader will look for and inport them from the local drive to xbmc

disc.png
clearart.png
logo.png

but then when you export a library xbmc will save them as

so now you have two versions of the same picture. why can artwork downloader not use the same file format as xbmc local so when you do export the library it will not need to save them as there already there.

i need to use export my library and pictures as this is what i use to export all my thumbs and pictures for my tv shows so i have no option not to use that.

i just think artwork downloader should try and find

first and if that fails should then check for

disc.png
clearart.png
logo.png

i hope you understand what i mean

any help on this

cheers

Why this....
Why thar...
Why don't you...
It should....

Let me make it perfectly clear. I do this for FREE, for FUN and share it because some others could use it too. In no way users will ever be able to demand something from me.
You don't like it stop using it or program it yourself.
I'm getting tired of all the nagging people do. Be happy it exists in the first place. I gave spend way more time on this addon and on fanart.tv itself you could imagine and all without one single penny.
So thanks for nagging again and I will postpone working on it until I feel like working on it again.
Sorry for the others who do appreciate the work done...
  • 110(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloader18