• 117(current)
Artwork Downloader
Having some issues with downloading discart. I turned on debug and here is one of the messages from log

Code:
03:15:46 T:1556   DEBUG: Artwork Downloader: Media path:        [u'smb://SRV-SAITOH/Videos/Movies/Your Highness (2011)']
03:15:46 T:1556   DEBUG: Artwork Downloader: API: http://api.themoviedb.org/3/movie/tt1240982/images?api_key=4be68d7eab1fbd1b6fd8a3b80a65a95e
03:15:46 T:1556   DEBUG: Artwork Downloader: API: http://api.fanart.tv/webservice/movie/586118be1ac673f74963cc284d46bd8e/tt1240982/json/all/1/2/
03:15:46 T:1556   DEBUG: Artwork Downloader: * Image type: discart
03:15:46 T:1556   DEBUG: Artwork Downloader:  - Ignoring (Doesn't match preferred disctype: bluray): disc.png
03:15:46 T:1556   DEBUG: Artwork Downloader:  - Found a total of: 1 discart

is there a workaround to get AD to download the discart even if it doesnt match the disctype?

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
(2013-11-08, 06:53)farr3ll Wrote: Can anyone tell me the location of the artwork that AD downloads? Does it get stored directly in the 'Thumbnails' folder?

Thanks.

I had the same question. As far as I can determine, using the default addon settings, extrafanart and extrathumbs are downloaded to the media folder (i.e. to the location of your movie etc file). The additional items (banners/clearart etc) seem to be downloaded directly to AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails\ (in Windows).

The wiki states that downloads go to the media folder but this doesn't seem to be the case (which I would prefer as I like to organise my stuff Smile ).

If anyone knows any different, could they please update?
If you have the Use Local Files option checked, those other items (banners, posters, etc) should go to the media folder. Some people earlier in the thread posted that for some (specifically fanart and poster) this might not be happening, but I just used it a couple of days ago to mass download pics for a few movies and it seems to be working properly for me.
Thanks - that setting worked for me.
(2011-11-14, 21:34)Martijn Wrote: Current Features and other info:
See the Artwork Downloader wiki for more information

As a request, is it possible to add a scheduler which runs at specific time or after an library update?
hi everyone i am having some serious problems with artwork downloader....i have recently uninstalld xbmc and done a fresh install.
i have all the artwork in my folders
it seems i can,t get it to scrape my movie folders, all my folder structure is sound (I.E) disc.png
clearart.png
logo..png......ext ext ext

but it still won't scrape my folder i am using the latest frodo on windows i am also using aeon mq5.
artwork downloader is set to use local files but its just downloading extra art to my folder and using that art instead of the the art i have

any help on this issue would be much appreciated as im running out of hair to pull.....thanks daz....
I just updated to frodo. I'm trying to build my collection from scratch, and I'm having some problems.

The biggest one: it isn't downloading the fanart.jpg for almost any movie.
The strange thing: it is downloading extrafanart for all movies and is downloading fanart.jpg for all TV shows.

I'm trying a sample collection with only 10 movies. It is downloading the clearart, landscape, logo, poster and extrafanart, but the fanart.jpg was download for only one movie (miss 9 movies).
I must have tested dozens of times, marking to delete the previous files, without mark to delete etc.

I did mark the fanart in settings (of course) and also I have marked the option "Use local files", but still doesn't work.

Anybody can point me in the right direction? I'm already missing the old Dharma... (yep, i skip the Eden).

Many thanks in advance!
That's something I haven't come across, correct me if I'm wrong but scraping of local fanart should be native, independent of AD. Not that this should matter but try setting your scraper to 'use local information only' providing your media has existing nfo's. Personally I use MediaElch to create all nfo's and artwork before scraping to xbmc, never had an issue.
Hi

Please can someone in the know answer this question?

Question: Should Artwork Downloader download Posters for Movies / TV Shows, when you run AD in either Solo mode against a single movie title or in auto mode against the whole movie library? Or does it only download posters in GUI mode if you select Poster etc?

I have Poster enabled in the AD movie settings, but it never downloads any Poster.jpg images to my file server in Solo and Auto modes. I have "Use Local Files" turned on and I can confirm that every other type of artwork image is downloaded OK, just not posters.

Workaround: However if in the AD settings under Advanced, if I turn on "Overwrite all existing artwork" and then run solo mode again on a movie title a Poster.jpg file is then downloaded OK.

The link below is of a XBMC debug log file whilst running Solo mode on the movie title 2001 A Space Odyssey without the "Overwrite all existing artwork" setting turned on.

I then turn on the "Overwrite all existing artwork" setting and run solo mode on the same title again, hopefully this captured something useful to you in the log ?

BTW, this is a brand new clean installation of OpenElec v3.2.3 with XBMC V12.2 and the Aeon MQ5 skin. I also had this same issue on my old installation which was Linux Ubuntu 12.10 Minimal with XBMC V12.2 and the Aeon MQ4 skin.

Many thanks

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=87183
(2013-11-20, 03:48)farr3ll Wrote: That's something I haven't come across, correct me if I'm wrong but scraping of local fanart should be native, independent of AD. Not that this should matter but try setting your scraper to 'use local information only' providing your media has existing nfo's. Personally I use MediaElch to create all nfo's and artwork before scraping to xbmc, never had an issue.

Hi.
Thanks for the input.
Yep, the scraper will download the fanart (and also the cover). But I notice in frodo that the scraper don't download all the fanart/covers when scraping. Most of the images are downloaded when whe browse the collection (correct me if I'm wrong).
I don't know how to change this frodo's behavior (download the images only when browsing the collection).
The problem with this new behavior is that I have some boxes that aren't online all the time. For those boxes I need xbmc downloading all the data at once, when scraping. And I don't any way to do that in frodo, besides using AD.

I can't find anything on WiKi about AD be dependent of .nfo files. Only about filenaming and foldernaming. So, thanks about the tip on MediaElch. I will take a look on it.

Cheers.
I'm not sure about being downloaded when browsed as such but as far as I know they're stored/generated to the userdata/Thumbnails directory and subsequently Textures13.db under this condition.

The only other thing different here I have is the addition of <useddsfanart>true</useddsfanart> to my advancedsettings.xml
Downloading the artwork to local storage is one thing, caching the artwork (whether local, or remote if "Use local files" is disabled) is something else entirely. Either browse the GUI for the artwork added by AD in order to cache it, or use the utility in my sig.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
In first place congratulations for the great addon. It's very useful to get our xbmc as "eyecandy" as possible.

I have a question and maybe I am doing something wrong, but the behavior of the addon is not like I need:

XBMC version: 12.2
Artwork Downloader 12.0.21 (Autoupdated)

I have all my movies in separate folders and all the artwork I want (downloaded by an external app) in the movie folder like this:
/MOVIES/Moviename (year)/
Moviename (year) (source).mkv/avi
Moviename (year) (source).nfo
folder.jpg
fanart.jpg
banner.jpg
logo.png
landscape.jpg
clearart.png
disc.png

I do a fresh new XBMC install and I add the source and XBMC does a new scan of all the movies.
XBMC updates all the movie info ok and also gets the fanart and the folder. So I don't have initially all the other artwork (logo, clearart, banner...)
Here is where I install the addon and try to get that stuff to my movies info.
I launch the addon from programs and I only want to "scan" my folders and get the artwork that would found locally in the folders, but when I launch the addon it takes many many hours to finish.
I have the "download art" disables for movies and I have the "use local files" option enabled obviously.

Maybe its a bug in the addon? Do I need to launch the addon in another way?

PD: Sorry for my poor english XD
(2013-11-20, 03:40)FireMan Wrote: The biggest one: it isn't downloading the fanart.jpg for almost any movie.
The strange thing: it is downloading extrafanart for all movies and is downloading fanart.jpg for all TV shows.

MYSTERY SOLVED!!!

The problem is with "Limit artwork" option.
I made a simple test, with only 3 movies: the matrix trilogy.
If the "Limit artwork" is activate (default), AD will NOT download fanart.jpg and disc.jpg for any of these 3 movies. If I uncheck this option the AD will download all 6 files missed (fanart and disc for all 3 movies).

And doesn't meter if I set the Limit Artwork to lower values, like put zero as Minimum rating or 480 as minimum resolution. The only way I've found to download the missed files was disable the Limit Artwork.
But, unfortunately, disabling this option has, coincidentally or not, resulted in several non English posters and fanarts (i.e. Terminator Salvation and many other movies with Germany posters).

I will reproduce this problem later at home, generating debug logs, and post it at Pastebin to officially report this.

Cheers.
I had the problem with lots of German art a while back. Turned out that it was because I had language set to be the same as the original source. When I actually picked a default language (USA English for mine) the problem stopped. Maybe this will help with yours.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
  • 117(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloader18